Crappy MPG
By fugitive54 on
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Averaged 33 MPG through first 5K miles. I have driven as efficiently as possible, achieving perfect acceleration, braking and cruising scores. There have also been several recalls and the car has only been out for 8 months. Loved the car overall, but felt duped by Ford. I just WON a Lemon Law case on this car and am turning in the car for a full refund. There is also a Class Action lawsuit out there for MPG fraud for those who continue to act like this is not a real problem.
Favorite Features
Driving feel, seat comfort, electronic features.
Suggested Improvements
MPG. Should be 35 MPG at best.
By leeann62
on 09/16/13 21:49 PM (PDT)

I just filed a Lemon Law claim in my state for my 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid....Having the same issues.....MPGs went in the tank after the re calibration...Took it back in and they lied to me and told me they were able to get 40 mpg.....Checked the trip meter after I picked it up and they only got 36,,,,I walked back in there and caught them in their lies. How long did it take you to have your claim approved?? Thanks so much!!

By lbiffle
on 01/06/14 14:16 PM (PST)

How did you file your lemon law? I have been having several issues from the day I bought this car. I have had it a bit over a year with 14,000 miles on the car and only get 36 mpg. I have said something repeatedly to the sales people at Ford and their response is always it needs to break in or something along those lines. Also less than ten days after I got this car I was forced to call roadside assistance because it would not start or let me in. Turned out the battery cable in the back was lose. Within 3 months I had to call again because it would not let me in the car. The sensor that tells the battery to charge over night or something was wrong. The day after Christmas my car would not start and again I was forced to call roadside assistance get it towed and now they are having to replace something major in the battery in the main engine or something that "never goes out" says the repair man at Ford. I am lucky to have been in safe places when these things happened but I am worried about the safety of this vehicle for the future.