2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion Hybrid model:
Great Car, MPG Overstated
By pdt66 on 12/08/12 06:37 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought a 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE in Bordeaux Reserve to replace a 2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid. While I loved my 2011 model, I decided to update to the 2013 based on the sleek new styling, the larger head, leg, and hip room, and to a small degree the increased fuel economy. I have no regrets, as the 2013 model is a wonderful car. The look and feel of the car is great, and it is much bigger than the 2011 model. It is quiet, smooth, comfortable, and well equipped. That said, you most likely will not be able to achieve 47 mpg as rated. Granted, I have been able to get about 40-41 mpg by carefully monitoring my driving habits to maximize economy. This is a slight improvement over the 2011

Hybrid that doesn't have drawbacks
By neevers on 12/07/12 14:04 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I came out of a Ford Mustang GT, my first american car, in to this car, because I wanted something more practical, I was originally looking at getting the 1.6 with the manual, but decided on the hybrid instead after running the numbers. Well I'm really happy! So far I'm averaging 45mpg, though currently the car only has 360ish miles on it. It's comfortable, carries a lot, it's fast enough, though not a sports car by any means, super smooth, it's really great, and of course it's absolutely gorgeous inside and out. I have the luxury option so it's leather and the My ford touch option, mainly because I think the normal dash looks a little cheap. I was a little scared of the MFT, but it's great!

Ford employees told yo help out on mpg
By truthnow11 on 12/06/12 14:42 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I know people who work at Ford, their sales department pushed the engineers to deliver dishonest numbers, that is why 47/47mpg is basically not attainable by anyone, even chief engineer John D. can't get it with John V. at his side. Soon the fueleconomy.gov site will be flooded with people who claim 45-49 mpg, these are employees of Ford Motor company. When I was driving, I try to keep the speed low to maximize electric range and I rarely drive on Interstate, and I was teased by other people for driving like an old lady! Overall mpg is 38.3 mpg, not bad, but I still feel defrauded because I expect 42-45 mpg. :-(

The Hybrid for Skeptics
By b25nut on 11/15/12 17:04 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Iíve never hit a home run or flown first class, but I feel like I have now. I really couldnít be happier. I would have to spend $25,000+ more to get a car that would provide me with more satisfaction. But then, Iíd feel guilty for spending too much money. I didnít buy my Fusion expecting to get 47 mpg. I donít drive the way it takes to get that. I currently get 40 mpg on my 10 mile daily commute. The Fusion will entice even the most stubborn driver (like me) to drive more efficiently and safely. This is my first time driving a Hybrid, and Iím hooked. Ford has made my transition so easy. Up to now, I was one of those who always said ďI wouldnít be caught dead in a Prius".

Good car, disappointing mileage
By tlh4 on 11/07/12 23:14 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had this car about a month. I have driven on the highway and city. I simply don't believe the two previous posts about mileage. Complete B.S. I am getting in the low 30s in the city, and this is while paying attention to the readout that tells you when you are in EV mode. I have taken a couple short trips at low highway speed, about 60 MPH. I kept the speed down to allow it to run in EV mode. On these trips I got about 38 MPG.

Bottom line: I really like the car. It is quiet, with great interior and exterior styling, and more features than I have been able to master. However, don't expect to get anywhere near 47 MPG. The EPA needs to their house in order.

2013 Fusion Hybrid--Efficient, gorgeous & fun
By hatnbak on 11/05/12 08:43 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have had my car for 4 weeks, 1400 miles. So far I've averaged around 44 mpg overall, but have hit 52 on certain drives. I love all the tech features in the car (I got a number of the options), including adaptive cruise control, lane control, cross-traffic alert, blind spot warning, voice control for climate/entertainment, etc. Quality of everything feels very good & very European; if it didn't have Ford badges, could easily (from inside or out) be mistaken for a Volvo/Audi type of car (I traded from an Audi). Integrates well with my Droid RAZR and external music device (MOTOACTV)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Hits Another Homerun!
By revjamesl on 10/29/12 11:20 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Can Ford get any better? I had a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Limited and it was a tremendous car. The 2013 Fusion Hybrid is that much better. Where do I begin? The style of the car is 'high end,' and agree with reviews that it resembles Jaguar and Aston Martin. Very sleek exterior; nice interior. Have always been a fan of the Sync system and its easy-to-use interface. Spacious interior provides plenty of room and is very comfortable. It advertises as getting 47/47 mpg and I have to say I have been getting into the 50s in city driving with ease. I'm never been much for red cars but the Ruby Red is beautiful and fits the design of the car very well.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid in VA is:

$145 per month*