Used 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion Hybrid model:

Best sedan on the market, perfect for almost everyone
By hybridbear

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We ordered our Fusion Hybrid back in October and took delivery in December. This is the most comfortable car I've ever sat in. Long road trips are no issue as the seats are comfortable even after 14-15 hours in the car per day, we felt refreshed each night after driving the car all day. Our fuel economy was around 40 MPG in the cold MN winter with some tanks dipping into the 30s when the temperatures were consistently below zero. Now that spring is here our last few tanks have been above 50 MPG and the current tank is at 56 MPG about 3/4 used up. The city fuel economy is amazing and highway fuel economy is better than any non-hybrid sedan available

Hybrid system - the hybrid system is excellent with very smooth transitions and the silence when driving in electric mode is awesome Design - the design is fantastic and turns heads. The other day while sitting at a red light a bicyclist next to me asked about the Fusion Hybrid because he's thinking about getting one Features - Ford offers amazing safety features such as Blind Spot alerts, adaptive cruise control and the car can even parallel park itself if you buy that option package

Hybrid system - the 62 MPH threshold for electric operation is too high, highway mileage is equal or better at 65 MPH compared to 60 MPH, the MPH threshold for electric mode should be lowered to improve highway fuel economy Interior design - cupholders in center console are in an awkward spot where using them means that you can't rest your right hand on the shifter easily if that is something you like to do Trunk - since the rear seats fold down there is more trunk utility than other hybrids, but the awkward trunk shape can present challenges when packing lots of stuff into the trunk

Absolutely outstanding ... exceeding expectations
By rjent

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I ordered a Hybrid Titanium model. I like driving the top of the line, but didn't want to go plug in. This car is just amazing. In town (small rural town) I am achieving over 50 on most trips. Some of the shortest trips of less than 2 miles will vary from high 30's to low 50's. Interstate is in the 40's and back road highways are returning just about EPA rating.

This is the most comfortible car I have ever owned (I have been driving since the 60's) and I have owned a lot of luxury cars. The voice navigation and the hybrid feedback controls are just awesome.

Honestly, I don't know how you could improve this car. It is quiet, steady, and handles very well and that is coming from a man who owns two Corvettes.

Waste of Money
By kingbb71

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Do not waste your money on this car. Ford's claim of 47 mpg highway is just simply not true. I had this car for 6 months and drove 6,500 miles, mostly highway, and averaged about 35-37 mpg. I even tried to drive slow and not accelerate, but could still only average at best 37 mpg. Also, after about a month, the ABS light came on multiple times and the dealer could not figure out why. The Ford MyTouch also does not work as advertised. The navigation system regularly froze and was pretty much useless. I hated this car so much that I took a loss of about $4k to get out of it when I traded it in after six months. Don't make the same mistake I did.

None

Advertise the correct mpg so people know what they are buying. Sacrificing for the lack of power on a hybrid is not worth it for 35-37 mpg. Fix the MyTouch interface. MyTouch's many features are great in principle, but only work half the time.

Nice, fairly quiet, comfortable, but just pretty good MPGs
By kkuhns

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I knew that there was no way that this car would really average 47 MPG overall, so I had already adjusted my expectations down to think I might get 37 - 40 MPG overall, and I was OK with that. After the first 1000 miles, I'm getting about 37 overall, which is OK, but I want and expect it will get better. At least I hope so. I got the appearance package with 18" tires, so that may have a slightly worse impact on MPG, compared to the standard 17" Low Rolling Resistance tires. Not sure how much difference that makes, but presumably a little. Overall, I really like the car. I sold my 2013 Honda Accord to get one and I definitely think it was worth it.

I think this car is comfortable, relatively quiet and fun to drive. I like driving hybrids and know how to coax decent gas mileage out of them. The build of the car seems solid and high quality. The electronics work well and it is comfortable. I did *not* get the MyTouch screen - it seemed problematic and hard to read and navigate at a glance while driving. One time I test drove a non-hybrid Fusion with MyTouch, and the screen locked up and froze solid when I was messing with it before the test drive. So I'm happy without it and the Sync and other features work fine.

The main annoyance for me is the 13.5 Gal. gas tank. I know it gets better mileage than non-hybrids, but how much would the weight of 3 more gallons of gas impact the MPG of the car? It's not bad, and I still have to fill up only once a week for my commute, but it would have been nice to get another day of driving, or another 120 miles out of a tank of gas, assuming those 3 more gallons wouldn't have killed the gas mileage.

Not living up to the hype.
By kzooguy1981

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had this vehicle on order since early August and finally picked it up on November 30. Next time, I would rather buy from the lot than go through the hassle of waiting for delivery. The main reason for purchasing the vehicle was the EPA estimated MPG. After nearly 11,000 miles on the vehicle I am struggling to get above 37MPG for a lifetime average. Most of my driving is on the freeway and 95% of that time I have the cruise set at 62MPH so that the battery will engage. I have heard that the temperature and the fuel blend can make a difference but my experience so far has been frustrating. Driving in town at speeds under 45 MPH can certainly attain 47MPG.

Safety, Ford MyTouch. 110V adapter.

Don't game the EPA tests. If vehicles are experiencing a varying array of results for MPG, then there is a problem.