Used 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Fusion Hybrid model:

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid after 1 Year
By mgmd11

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have been driving my Ford Fusion Hydrid for 1 year now with 16K miles on it.
I routinely get 41-44 mpg with an 80 mile roundtrip commute to work.
Living in the Seattle area has advantages for better gas mileage beciase of milder summers and winters which do not result in poorer mileage due to using AC and heater as much.
Freeway speed limit is also 60 mph around here.
The estimated MPG generated on the Fuel Economy page matched my actual value quite well until July when I had a software ungrade.
Now I routinely see 48-51 estimate MPG after burning a full tank of gas but my actual is still 41-44 MPG.
Hmmm.
Is Ford fudging the data?

Gas mileage; adaptive cruise control is very cool even used when commuting; back up and side alerting system especially good with the silent hybrid; blindspot detection; power when you need it even for a hybrid

Engine noisy, especially noticeable when accelerating at lower speeds; build quality, some trim items too cheap, come off too easily

Terrible actual MPG versus EPA Rating
By mikeeewags

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have now put 25,000 miles on my 2013 fusion SE. I have yet to even get close to 37 mpg, much less the EPA rating of 43 mpg.( Ford was forced to reduce the EPA Rating from 47 MPG to 43 MPG soon after I purchased this vehicle.)Ford uses a blanket statement that it is the way I am driving even though I always have 5 energy leaves. indicating that I am driving at 100% efficiency. My overall fuel economy is 34.5 MPG since owning the vehicle, which is a full 19% less than the stated EPA rating. How is Ford getting away with this .when Volkswagen was fined billions of dollars for the same issues. Ford was forced to give Fusion Hybrid buyers a $750.00 rebate, a slap in the face. They should give each consumer an 80% rebate for the base price of a Fusion and the list price of the Fusion SE. We Fusion Hybrid consumers have been lied to and ripped off by Ford Motor Company. They should have the same sanctions ordered to Volkswagen , at the very least.

Other than the mileage it is a most wonderful car, and adding a lot of chrome makes it a real head turner.

Poor MPG and Getting Worse
By larrysfl

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had the 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid since last November (nearly 10 months) and previously owned a 2010 Fusion Hybrid that I drove for over 3 years. I know how to drive this Hybrid to squeeze every ounce of fuel economy out of it. Driving this car for maximum efficiency, with 100% efficiency on Braking, Acceleration & Cruising resulting in an average 33 MPG.
It was physically impossible to operate this vehicle under any conditions to get more than 35 MPG.

The dealer told me it needed a 5k mile "break-in". So I waited and drove.
After 5k - NO change whatsoever in MPG. Then they installed a new "Fix" for the MPG the Ford released and now my MPG is WORSE!
Now I can barely get 30 MPG!

*UPDATE: They finally fixed the problem on that car with a software update. Got 33 MPG on the way to the dealer and after the update, on the way back using the same route (about 15 miles) got 54 MPG! Have since bought a 2016 Fusion Hybrid and this car, while looking identical, is quieter and consistently gets over 40 MPG in all driving conditions averaged. They've finally got it right.

Crappy MPG
By fugitive54

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Averaged 33 MPG through first 5K miles.
I have driven as efficiently as possible, achieving perfect acceleration, braking and cruising scores.
There have also been several recalls and the car has only been out for 8 months.

Loved the car overall, but felt duped by Ford.
I just WON a Lemon Law case on this car and am turning in the car for a full refund.
There is also a Class Action lawsuit out there for MPG fraud for those who continue to act like this is not a real problem.

Driving feel, seat comfort, electronic features.

MPG. Should be 35 MPG at best.

Mileage fix a lie
By dnoel71

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Last weekend I went and got the "update" regarding my Fusion Hybrid SE that was supposedly to help get better gas mileage as I drive almost 80 miles a day for work.
Unfortunately it appears that instead of my mileage going up it is now going down!! I used to get anywhere from 37-41 now for the past 4 days of driving to work I have yet to even reach 37?? If someone else has gotten the update could you please let me know if the same thing is happening to you before I call and complain to Ford over this.
I purchased this car specifically for the mileage promise that is a solid 10+ miles less mpg than promised.

I love my navigation even though it can be confusing at time and the car is extremely comfortable.

fix my mileage!