2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion Hybrid model:
Fantastic Car
By dewiseone on 03/13/13 11:30 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Took over 3 months from ordering to possession but was well worth the wait. My wife and I absolutely love the car. It is the most comfortable car I have sat in. It is easy for a large man 6 ft 285 lbs to get in and out of. We are only averaging 40.9 mpg. I know it is not 47 but blame the EPA and not Ford. They make up the rules for the test, Ford just followed them. I am happy with the mileage, how many other roomy mid size sedans can get over 40 mpg?

The car is amazing
By raazer on 02/12/13 20:29 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had mine for about 2 weeks and have put over 700 miles on it in that time. I am regularly hitting well above 40mpg and on one occasion hit 48.5 mpg over a 90 mile trip. I figure that the more I learn how to drive the car properly I'll be achieving the full EPA estimate of 47mpg on a consistent basis. The MyTouch is quirky at first but it's just like any computer. You learn the commands and how it functions and you can master it. In the 2 weeks I've owned it, I have learned every command and have found it to be quite a reliable tool in the vehicle. The only features I do not have are the park assist and the adaptive cruise control. So far everything else functions as it should.

Love the look and feel, but not the MPG
By pkhannon on 02/06/13 18:55 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased a Fusion Hybrid SE 4 weeks ago. The car drives great, handles turns with ease, and accelerates decently for a 2.0L. The seats too are very comfortable and the look of the car is fantastic. The MPG however isn't even close to the advertised 47/47. I've put 1500+ miles on the car and my best MPG is 38. In order to try to get better MPG, I've totally changed my driving habits, accelerating slowly, keeping the car at 60 on highways, breaking so that I get 100% power return, etc....I recently read an experts review and they noted better mileage in warmer temps. Maybe..but I also saw that Ford is being investigated by the EPA. I still love the car but the MPG is disappointing.

Scarily Unreliable
By bcastro1207 on 01/26/13 16:58 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Ordered the car in October. Finally delivered December 26. The first night, half the dash panel did not light up. Took it to the dealer - it was a "fuse". Three days later, same half of the dash panel didn't light up again. It came back on the next day. Four days after that, the blind spot sensors stopped working and the warning light came on. Took it to the dealer - they had to order the sensor. It's on back order and is still not fixed. Got the car back. The next day, started the car and smoke filled the cabin as well as the smell of burning electrical wires. Dealer - the wires going to the visor light shorted and burned. Plus, got only 34.5 mpg. Bottom line: DON'T BUY.

Great Car with a Great Value
By mattgoofy on 01/19/13 09:44 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I special ordered the car with all the options except for Radar Cruise Control and Lane Change Notification. The car is fantastic. The ride is comfortable and with little road noise. At this point I am averaging about 39MPG. But considering my old car got 18MPG I am very happy with the millage. The most difficult feature in the car is the Ford Sync system. There are a lot of commands and not all of the features in the system are very user friendly. Although I have only be toying with it for 1 week. The car has good performance considering it was built for comfort and fuel efficiency. Styling is great and the interior works very well. This is a great product to own. Well done Ford.

Terrific Car
By pitt2637 on 01/13/13 18:54 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have 1400 miles on the car and that includes a 600 mile trip. Averaging 38 MPG in mixed driving and 36 MPG on the trip while normally driving 70-80MPH. We love the way the car handles, looks, and drives, and are happy every time we get in the car. I have four kids ages 10-16 and they love driving in this car and using all the different seats. However, the navigation voice recognition is not performing well and we intend to take the car in to have it looked at. Our car has almost all the upgrades, which I love, but we expected much better voice recognition from the expensive navigation unit. Certainly we recommend this car as it is fantastic.

Pleasant surprise
By pumi1 on 01/05/13 20:13 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I used to have a Ford Escort and a Ford Expedition and my experiences with them made me hesitant to try the Fusion. They were both reliable but uncomfortable, squeaky inside, and the road and wind noise made my ride anything but fun. The Fusion is nothing like them. It is extremely quiet and smooth. The seats are supportive and comfortable. The handling is top notch and since I got the fully loaded version, I have all the fun with the heated seat, navigation, and hill assistant among others. I have almost 1000 miles in her and I get the following fuel consumption. Going by 60-65mph = 45-47 mpg 65-70mph = 40-42 mpg Over 70mph = 38-40 mph Apparently, Ford doesn't want us to speed.

Nice car which doesnt come close to mpg which makes it horrible to drive
By fynack on 01/04/13 13:30 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Ive had this car for a month now and am averaging in the range of 32-35mpg. Some people say they werent expecting 47 but...i am , ive been driving like a grandma and watching everyone pass me by so i can stay in EV mode and cruise. I accelerate lightly to the "speed limit" then set it in cruise and i still cant for the life of me see even the high 30s in mpg. Driving like this IS NOT and i was willing to do it for the 47mpg. Either something is wrong with this vehicle or Ford just flat out lied. My car does have the 18" wheels with the Goodyear Lr2s which are not LRR tires. Eitherway I like the car and will keep it. But will be badgering Ford and joining the class action lawsuit.

OK to Drive, Do not expect anywhere near EPA
By acdii on 12/27/12 07:41 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased on 11-23-12, and the car handles Great, rides nice, comfortable to drive for long trips, However, it does not get good MPG. I have a 2010 Fusion Hybrid, I never had trouble getting EPA in it, no matter what the weather. Most of my driving is done on Rural Highways of 55 MPH, and I use the Ecocruise as suggested, and have driven Hybrids since 2007, and this car is nearly impossible to get in the 40's. I have to really work hard to get 38. The Myfordtouch is horrible too. No APPLINK either. Ford said the car is fine, I don't believe them. The math does not add up to what I put in the tank and what the dash says.

WOW!
By democrates on 12/16/12 21:18 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

You know it was designed both inside and out by Aston Martin. If you compare it visually to the Vanquish or the Repeater there are many similarities. This is like no other Ford before it. I got the loaded one with all the leather and the bells and whistles. The driving safety features are first class. The car has every feature I could think of and more. It even dims the highbeams at night automatically when an oncoming car approaches. The Lane Assist feature is amazing as it makes keeping the car centered in the lane a breeze. There is sonar or radar 360 degrees around the car and it alerts you to all oncoming hazards, especially in the parking lot. I could not recommend this car more

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid in VA is:

$145 per month*