Used 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion Hybrid model:

47 MPG maybe not a lie but sure ain't true
By john1932

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If you can get anything over 30 MPG in town you can not drive over 25 and need to coast to stops. On the highway 35 MPG is what you get. Back seat leg room not there, trunk small even considering battery pack. Driver side window molding coming off so I am gluing it on. Am I disappointed of course but everything above I can live with except the total deception Ford has put out on the MPG one might expect.

The car looks good on the outside

Either some how improve the MPG a driver gets from the car or start telling the truth about it.

Awesome car!!
By sledgehammer44

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've owned the car for roughly 1800 miles now. The first few tanks it was averaging 38mpg but on my current tank it jumped up to 43mpg. I live in an area that is mountainous so I feel this is very good for my area and it would seem there is a break in period to get better mpg. As for the rest of the car I think it is fantastic. Lots of tech toys, seats are comfortable, rides smooth and yet it handles turn very well. I never thought I would own a Hybrid, because I think the Prius looks like pooh, but Ford really hit one out of the park with this car!

Handling, radio, ride quality, everything!!

more horsepower.

Best Car Yet
By richaardg

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After a thousand miles I am well satisfied with my Fusion. MPG for me is 44 to 51 by driving as taught in Drivers Ed and liberal use of Cruse. I bought all the safety features except park assist and love how they work. Lane Keeping is great. The backup camera is the best I have seen in any car and I have looked at a lot of them before buying my Fusion. Active Cruse Control really works well too, especially on interstates. The SE model is well equipped and My Ford Touch is no problem contrary to what Consumer Reports says. I also am glad the Moon Roof was optional. I did not have to buy it.

The Backup Camera. With sensors the two are perfect for safety. The radio sound system is excellent. The drivers seat with lumbar control allows for adjustment to fit the driver. And of course I can not leave out looks. People have just walked up to me and said, "What is it?" Others have said, "It just doesn't look like a Ford?" The light colored interior is a plus too. And yes I would buy it again.

No car should be without daylight running lights and a 6 way adjustable passenger seat. Also the glove box needs a backward tilt so stored items don't slide out. If the center console would be narrowed it would give a more driver and passenger room.

First hybrid
By dalesky

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am a recent buyer, having had the car for just a few weeks. So far, absolutely nothing about this car disappoints. Mileage is over 40 in town driving, and comfort is amazing. The seats are probably the most supportive in this category, and the handling is certainly the most crisp and confidence inspiring. Handles like nothing else in this class.

The Titanium model comes with most of what I wanted, but I added the sunroof, premium voice navigation and sound, and BLS. The system Ford uses for voice control is called SYNC. I am still learning it, but have had no problems. Touch controls are very soft, almost working with just a hint of touching them These are mostly for the heat and AC controls The 8" touch screen has 4 sections, and when you select one of them it opens that section full screen. I think it is a great design.

Gas engine could be a bit quieter. In contrast to running on battery of course, it seems loud. On the road at any speed it is OK.

Lame MPG
By mxgolf

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I actually love the car but the mileage is not even close to EPA numbers. 33 MPG is not 47 or even close. I drive like a grandma now and it still does not get near what it's supposed to. I would gladly get rid of the car due to Ford lying about the mileage. I do live in Oregon which has 4 seasons but the weather should not have anything to do with fuel mileage. If there was a lemon law for fuel mileage I would gladly give this car back. Unfortunately I am stuck with it. I would not recommend buying the car if you are buying it for the hybrid mileage.