2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion Hybrid model:
Best sedan on the market, perfect for almost everyone
By hybridbear on 05/14/13 06:48 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We ordered our Fusion Hybrid back in October and took delivery in December. This is the most comfortable car I've ever sat in. Long road trips are no issue as the seats are comfortable even after 14-15 hours in the car per day, we felt refreshed each night after driving the car all day. Our fuel economy was around 40 MPG in the cold MN winter with some tanks dipping into the 30s when the temperatures were consistently below zero. Now that spring is here our last few tanks have been above 50 MPG and the current tank is at 56 MPG about 3/4 used up. The city fuel economy is amazing and highway fuel economy is better than any non-hybrid sedan available

Absolutely outstanding ... exceeding expectations
By rjent on 05/11/13 17:59 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I ordered a Hybrid Titanium model. I like driving the top of the line, but didn't want to go plug in. This car is just amazing. In town (small rural town) I am achieving over 50 on most trips. Some of the shortest trips of less than 2 miles will vary from high 30's to low 50's. Interstate is in the 40's and back road highways are returning just about EPA rating.

Waste of Money
By kingbb71 on 04/20/13 05:39 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Do not waste your money on this car. Ford's claim of 47 mpg highway is just simply not true. I had this car for 6 months and drove 6,500 miles, mostly highway, and averaged about 35-37 mpg. I even tried to drive slow and not accelerate, but could still only average at best 37 mpg. Also, after about a month, the ABS light came on multiple times and the dealer could not figure out why. The Ford MyTouch also does not work as advertised. The navigation system regularly froze and was pretty much useless. I hated this car so much that I took a loss of about $4k to get out of it when I traded it in after six months. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Nice, fairly quiet, comfortable, but just pretty good MPGs
By kkuhns on 04/16/13 18:48 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I knew that there was no way that this car would really average 47 MPG overall, so I had already adjusted my expectations down to think I might get 37 - 40 MPG overall, and I was OK with that. After the first 1000 miles, I'm getting about 37 overall, which is OK, but I want and expect it will get better. At least I hope so. I got the appearance package with 18" tires, so that may have a slightly worse impact on MPG, compared to the standard 17" Low Rolling Resistance tires. Not sure how much difference that makes, but presumably a little. Overall, I really like the car. I sold my 2013 Honda Accord to get one and I definitely think it was worth it.

Not living up to the hype.
By kzooguy1981 on 04/08/13 18:43 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had this vehicle on order since early August and finally picked it up on November 30. Next time, I would rather buy from the lot than go through the hassle of waiting for delivery. The main reason for purchasing the vehicle was the EPA estimated MPG. After nearly 11,000 miles on the vehicle I am struggling to get above 37MPG for a lifetime average. Most of my driving is on the freeway and 95% of that time I have the cruise set at 62MPH so that the battery will engage. I have heard that the temperature and the fuel blend can make a difference but my experience so far has been frustrating. Driving in town at speeds under 45 MPH can certainly attain 47MPG.

Outstanding
By jena2000 on 04/02/13 13:44 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just purchased the 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid. I picked the car up in Toledo, Ohio and immediately left for Knoxville, Tennessee. The trip was 450 miles. I drove between 65 and 70 the whole trip. I used cruise control whenever I could and did not hesitate to use the gas pedal when I needed. On this initial trip, I used a little more than 9 ½ gallons of gas for a little over 45 MPG. The next day, I traveled from Knoxville to my home in North Carolina. This trip was about half highway and half two lane mountain roads. On this trip, I got an average of 44.5 MPG. This Ford Fusion Hybrid EPA mileage is achievable. I have not altered my driving patterns and I tend to have a heavy foot. Before purchasing this car, I had search for about 2 months and drove many different models from many different car manufacturer. This is by far the best driving car for the money. Very smooth and comfortable. Road noise is minimal. Base model comes with several nice features. And now with the mileage I am getting, I could not be more pleased.

Very impressed so far.
By aaronj1159 on 03/18/13 06:51 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had this car for about a week, so I can't provide much information on long-term success yet. However I'm so happy with the initial quality and fuel economy results of this car. I commute almost 80 miles a day in a mountainous, and recently colder region, and getting over 41 MPG straight away in those conditions is wonderful in my opinion. I'm also not driving the car as conservatively as I could. The bonus is that I've seen so many people turn their heads as I go by, and I've had multiple strangers compliment the vehicle. The ride is very comfortable and steady, and to this point at least, I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

One of the best midsize family sedans
By ace8726872 on 03/16/13 20:25 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid is one of the best cars in the midsize family sedan segment in the $35,000 price range. With its head turning gorgeous design, Fusion Hybrid delivers exceptional fuel efficiency, often beating EPA estimates of 47/47/47. Cabin is filled with all the hgh-tech gadgets that are usually reserved for cars that cost much more. There are other hybrids that deliver better MPG numbers but no other car can deliver such roomy, whisper-quiet and exceptionally comfortable cabin and composed driving dynamics while delivering class-leading fuel economy. I would highly recommend 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid. Just go in foR a test drive. You will be surprised how good the car is!

WOW, what a great car.
By code_warrior on 03/16/13 13:02 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had no intention of buying a car but took a test drive anyway to kill time while waiting on service. This car is incredible for the price. I love to drive it and without making extreme driving changes am getting 49 MPG. Almost all my driving is considered 'City'. The only optional features on the car are the Ruby paint and floor mats. Everyone who rides in it comments on how quiet it is. If the radio is on, you cannot tell when the gas engine starts and stops unless you look at the gauges. Love this car.

Style, Comfort, and Economy
By djm33315 on 03/14/13 19:54 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After shopping every hybrid on the market, the decision was easy to make - the Ford Fusion Hybrid was the best looking, best driving, most comfortable and most economical vehicle, especially for the price. Some people are writing negative reviews because they can't match EPA rating. I have to assume this is because they don't know how to drive a hybrid. I am averaging approximately 45mpg overall, this has improved from 38mpg on the first fill up. My dad drives a Prius, and if you mash the accelerator on that car, you'll also average in the 30mpg range. The build quality, ride comfort, and luxury options make the Fusion Hybrid a one-of-a-kind vehicle.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid in VA is:

$145 per month*