Used 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid after 1 Year
By mgmd11

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have been driving my Ford Fusion Hydrid for 1 year now with 16K miles on it. I routinely get 41-44 mpg with an 80 mile roundtrip commute to work. Living in the Seattle area has advantages for better gas mileage beciase of milder summers and winters which do not result in poorer mileage due to using AC and heater as much. Freeway speed limit is also 60 mph around here. The estimated MPG generated on the Fuel Economy page matched my actual value quite well until July when I had a software ungrade. Now I routinely see 48-51 estimate MPG after burning a full tank of gas but my actual is still 41-44 MPG. Hmmm. Is Ford fudging the data?

Favorite Features

Gas mileage; adaptive cruise control is very cool even used when commuting; back up and side alerting system especially good with the silent hybrid; blindspot detection; power when you need it even for a hybrid

Suggested Improvements

Engine noisy, especially noticeable when accelerating at lower speeds; build quality, some trim items too cheap, come off too easily

Ford employees told yo help out on mpg
By truthnow11

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I know people who work at Ford, their sales department pushed the engineers to deliver dishonest numbers, that is why 47/47mpg is basically not attainable by anyone, even chief engineer John D. can't get it with John V. at his side. Soon the fueleconomy.gov site will be flooded with people who claim 45-49 mpg, these are employees of Ford Motor company. When I was driving, I try to keep the speed low to maximize electric range and I rarely drive on Interstate, and I was teased by other people for driving like an old lady! Overall mpg is 38.3 mpg, not bad, but I still feel defrauded because I expect 42-45 mpg. :-(

Favorite Features

We should sue Ford over this and ask for refund, like Hyundai was forced to do a month ago!!!

Suggested Improvements

Revise the mpg number and drop the price, you still have a nice product, unlike that expensive chevy volt!

Scarily Unreliable
By bcastro1207

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Ordered the car in October. Finally delivered December 26. The first night, half the dash panel did not light up. Took it to the dealer - it was a "fuse". Three days later, same half of the dash panel didn't light up again. It came back on the next day. Four days after that, the blind spot sensors stopped working and the warning light came on. Took it to the dealer - they had to order the sensor. It's on back order and is still not fixed. Got the car back. The next day, started the car and smoke filled the cabin as well as the smell of burning electrical wires. Dealer - the wires going to the visor light shorted and burned. Plus, got only 34.5 mpg. Bottom line: DON'T BUY.

Favorite Features

Looks good.

Suggested Improvements

Obviously, actually working would be good. In addition, the voice recognition needs work. It lacks the simplicity and sophistication of my Acura. I have a very clear, non-accented voice with perfect enunciation and the voice recognition often did not understand me.

OK to Drive, Do not expect anywhere near EPA
By acdii

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased on 11-23-12, and the car handles Great, rides nice, comfortable to drive for long trips, However, it does not get good MPG. I have a 2010 Fusion Hybrid, I never had trouble getting EPA in it, no matter what the weather. Most of my driving is done on Rural Highways of 55 MPH, and I use the Ecocruise as suggested, and have driven Hybrids since 2007, and this car is nearly impossible to get in the 40's. I have to really work hard to get 38. The Myfordtouch is horrible too. No APPLINK either. Ford said the car is fine, I don't believe them. The math does not add up to what I put in the tank and what the dash says.

Favorite Features

Adaptive cruise control is great, Lane keeping superb, BLIS! The stereo is ok, nothing like the Sony system in my 2010. The seats are comfortable, the layout nice, easy to reach everything, and not too many buttons.

Suggested Improvements

Either figure out why the car does not meet EPA, or reduce the sticker to more reasonable numbers. When a 3 year old Hybrid rated 36-41 can outperform the new one by at least 2 MPG, something is wrong. Fix the MyFord Touch, and get Applink installed. Do not trust the Nav, bring a standby unit or you may find yourself on unknown roads, drive at own risk (thats what the Nav actually said). Finally, a 2 way Passenger seat? Really? This car cost much more than my 2010 and it has a fully adjustable passenger seat. My wife feels like she is sitting in a hole.

Waste of Money
By kingbb71

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Do not waste your money on this car. Ford's claim of 47 mpg highway is just simply not true. I had this car for 6 months and drove 6,500 miles, mostly highway, and averaged about 35-37 mpg. I even tried to drive slow and not accelerate, but could still only average at best 37 mpg. Also, after about a month, the ABS light came on multiple times and the dealer could not figure out why. The Ford MyTouch also does not work as advertised. The navigation system regularly froze and was pretty much useless. I hated this car so much that I took a loss of about $4k to get out of it when I traded it in after six months. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Advertise the correct mpg so people know what they are buying. Sacrificing for the lack of power on a hybrid is not worth it for 35-37 mpg. Fix the MyTouch interface. MyTouch's many features are great in principle, but only work half the time.