Used 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion Hybrid model:

Finally had to do a review
By bruceski2

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my 2013 fusion hybrid SE for 8 months and just passed 40,000 miles without a single problem. I have never gotten below 40 mpg and routinely get 44-46 in the summer and 41-44 in the winter. It really doesn't matter how I drive the car, the mileage rarely strays. Everywhere I go people ask me about the car and I can't say anything negative. It is the one car I have owned that I truly enjoy. I had the software upgrade and it did not increase or decrease my mileage. I have a ton of bells and whistles that I only got because the car already had them on it. This is by far the best car I have owned.

Love the park assist and cross traffic monitor. The back up camera is a must have and makes parking a breeze.

The only real improvement I could see is the leather is wearing a little more than I'd like but at least as good as my old Toyota.

Don't buy, unreliable, MPG misrepresented, Sync does not work as represented
By info8

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Fusion looks great, but it is not reliable. The Dec 2013 Consumer Reports gives Ford (especially the Fusion Hybrid) very low reliability scores.The Fusion Hybrid is one of the few cars CR expressly puts in its "Not Recommended" category.Its low profile tires rupture easily and it does not have a spare tire which requires a tow (its inflation device might only work on punctures). Ford Sync system does not always work. The warning system and bright light dimmer work sporadically. Ford is slow in suppling repair parts. Distracting warning lights erratically appear and disappear on instrument panel. Actual MPG is 35-7, not Ford's bogus 47. Don't make the same mistake that I did.

Exterior appearance & design, Ice Storm color, exterior lights are attractive, sunroof, adequate headroom with sunroof closed, fold down rear seats, Ford Roadside Assistance which the unreliable Fusion needs, 2 USB ports that can be used instead of the unreliable Bluetooth sync

Do not continue misrepresenting 47 MPG, supply a spare tire & jack as you do on non-hybrid Fusions, simplify the electronics, improve voice recognition (commands don't always work), improve navigation system which is not as good as the one on my cell phone, FoMoCo should improve parts supply (send correct parts, improve speed of delivery), get some good electronic techs that can find causes of problems & fix a bad system,

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid after 1 Year
By mgmd11

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have been driving my Ford Fusion Hydrid for 1 year now with 16K miles on it. I routinely get 41-44 mpg with an 80 mile roundtrip commute to work. Living in the Seattle area has advantages for better gas mileage beciase of milder summers and winters which do not result in poorer mileage due to using AC and heater as much. Freeway speed limit is also 60 mph around here. The estimated MPG generated on the Fuel Economy page matched my actual value quite well until July when I had a software ungrade. Now I routinely see 48-51 estimate MPG after burning a full tank of gas but my actual is still 41-44 MPG. Hmmm. Is Ford fudging the data?

Gas mileage; adaptive cruise control is very cool even used when commuting; back up and side alerting system especially good with the silent hybrid; blindspot detection; power when you need it even for a hybrid

Engine noisy, especially noticeable when accelerating at lower speeds; build quality, some trim items too cheap, come off too easily

What 47 mpg ?
By mikeeewags

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have now put 5500 miles on my 2013 fusion se. I have yet to even get close to 40 mpg, much less 47 mpg. I drove from Florida to Ohio and back last week and the best mileage I got was 35 in the mountains, but only 33 in the flat areas of Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina. I had the computer upgrade done before I left and that was no help either. Will be contacting the Ford Tech people tomorrow and see what the issue is with the mileage. Other than the mileage it is a most wonderful car, and adding a lot of chrome makes it a real head turner.

Quietness of the interior, seat, ford sync, navigation, and overall feel of the car

Get real with the mileage. I did not pay $33,000.00 for a car to get 30% less mileage than the EPA Rating. Feel used in that area. And who are these people getting 40-50mpg. Paid by Ford?

Poor MPG and Getting Worse
By larrysfl

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had the 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid since last November (nearly 10 months) and previously owned a 2010 Fusion Hybrid that I drove for over 3 years. I know how to drive this Hybrid to squeeze every ounce of fuel economy out of it. Driving this car for maximum efficiency, with 100% efficiency on Braking, Acceleration & Cruising resulting in an average 33 MPG. It was physically impossible to operate this vehicle under any conditions to get more than 35 MPG. The dealer told me it needed a 5k mile "break-in". So I waited and drove. After 5k - NO change whatsoever in MPG. Then they installed a new "Fix" for the MPG the Ford released and now my MPG is WORSE! Now I can barely get 30 MPG!

Looks and rides well.

MPG is far less than advertised. The electric drive component is vastly improved over the previous model Fusion Hybrid, but the Gas Engine, even though smaller, is actually Far less efficient. At common speeds of 40-55 MPH, the 2.0 ltr gas engine in the 2013 model gets less than Half the MPG of the previous 2.5 ltr engine. The net result is actually slightly worse MPG than the previous model, when Ford claims it gets substantially better. Ford needs to fix the Gas Engine portion of this Hybrid drive train.

• SUV