Used 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Fusion Hybrid model:

Poor MPG and Getting Worse
By larrysfl

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had the 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid since last November (nearly 10 months) and previously owned a 2010 Fusion Hybrid that I drove for over 3 years. I know how to drive this Hybrid to squeeze every ounce of fuel economy out of it. Driving this car for maximum efficiency, with 100% efficiency on Braking, Acceleration & Cruising resulting in an average 33 MPG. It was physically impossible to operate this vehicle under any conditions to get more than 35 MPG. The dealer told me it needed a 5k mile "break-in". So I waited and drove. After 5k - NO change whatsoever in MPG. Then they installed a new "Fix" for the MPG the Ford released and now my MPG is WORSE! Now I can barely get 30 MPG!

Favorite Features

Looks and rides well.

Suggested Improvements

MPG is far less than advertised. The electric drive component is vastly improved over the previous model Fusion Hybrid, but the Gas Engine, even though smaller, is actually Far less efficient. At common speeds of 40-55 MPH, the 2.0 ltr gas engine in the 2013 model gets less than Half the MPG of the previous 2.5 ltr engine. The net result is actually slightly worse MPG than the previous model, when Ford claims it gets substantially better. Ford needs to fix the Gas Engine portion of this Hybrid drive train.

Crappy MPG
By fugitive54

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Averaged 33 MPG through first 5K miles. I have driven as efficiently as possible, achieving perfect acceleration, braking and cruising scores. There have also been several recalls and the car has only been out for 8 months. Loved the car overall, but felt duped by Ford. I just WON a Lemon Law case on this car and am turning in the car for a full refund. There is also a Class Action lawsuit out there for MPG fraud for those who continue to act like this is not a real problem.

Favorite Features

Driving feel, seat comfort, electronic features.

Suggested Improvements

MPG. Should be 35 MPG at best.

Mileage fix a lie
By dnoel71

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Last weekend I went and got the "update" regarding my Fusion Hybrid SE that was supposedly to help get better gas mileage as I drive almost 80 miles a day for work. Unfortunately it appears that instead of my mileage going up it is now going down!! I used to get anywhere from 37-41 now for the past 4 days of driving to work I have yet to even reach 37?? If someone else has gotten the update could you please let me know if the same thing is happening to you before I call and complain to Ford over this. I purchased this car specifically for the mileage promise that is a solid 10+ miles less mpg than promised.

Favorite Features

I love my navigation even though it can be confusing at time and the car is extremely comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

fix my mileage!

Great car and fuel economy above EPA
By greycrx87

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just recently purchased my 2013 FFH, and absolutely fell in love with it. My previous car was only getting around 18MGP avg, while this car already is sitting at 43 avg. I have trips where I can easily go above 50 MGP, even as close to 60 MGP and the engine is not even broken in. I have the SE version that comes with Nav and leather seats, the car is very comfortable and I really like the way it handles. Regular driving to work I achive mid 40s MGP with AC on, and high 40s MGP without AC. Great car.

Great looking car, terrible reliability on Ford Sync, Poor mileage
By r_r

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Car looks great, drives well for a hybrid, solidly built with a nice interior. However the Ford Sync system along with voice-activated navigation totally sucks. Navigation doesn't compute route 1/2 the time, screen keeps freezing over, reboots by itself. To add insult to injury, I've had the car 2 months and taken it twice already to the dealer--they simply reset the system and say nothing is wrong and nothing more they can do. Completely unacceptable. If you buy this car, avoid getting the sync and navigation system. You will be burning a few thousand $ for nothing.

Favorite Features

Exterior, leather interior and appointments.

Suggested Improvements

Ford Sync Navigation