2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid after 1 Year
By mgmd11 on
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I have been driving my Ford Fusion Hydrid for 1 year now with 16K miles on it. I routinely get 41-44 mpg with an 80 mile roundtrip commute to work. Living in the Seattle area has advantages for better gas mileage beciase of milder summers and winters which do not result in poorer mileage due to using AC and heater as much. Freeway speed limit is also 60 mph around here. The estimated MPG generated on the Fuel Economy page matched my actual value quite well until July when I had a software ungrade. Now I routinely see 48-51 estimate MPG after burning a full tank of gas but my actual is still 41-44 MPG. Hmmm. Is Ford fudging the data?
Favorite Features
Gas mileage; adaptive cruise control is very cool even used when commuting; back up and side alerting system especially good with the silent hybrid; blindspot detection; power when you need it even for a hybrid
Suggested Improvements
Engine noisy, especially noticeable when accelerating at lower speeds; build quality, some trim items too cheap, come off too easily
By bic
on 02/04/14 17:26 PM (PST)

I have a 2013 FFH as well and I'm experiencing the same problem with MPG. The car will register 45-49 MPG but the actual MPG based on Odometer mileage and refill gallons puts me into the 34-38 MPG range. Local Ford dealership did an MPG analysis and told me I was getting 51 MPG. For some reason I was getting 480 miles per tank until the update that allowed the car to travel up to 85 MPH on electric. Since then I can't get to 400 miles per tank, yet my instrumentation is indicating 47 MPG. I believe that last comment of yours, that something just isn't right and I'm wondering if they changed some parameters or variables in the fuel economy program. One thing I have noticed is, that on the Trip Odometer screen the gallons used only indicates in the 8-9 gallon range, but I always put 10-11 gallons in at the pump. Fishy!!