Used 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Fusion Hybrid model:

My First Hybrid - 2013 Fusion SE
By ga_ashby

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car primarily because of it's gas mileage and style. Over the past three weeks I have been averaging 53 MPG in my daily 42 mile commute in Atlanta traffic. I have had to learn how to drive this car to maximize it's mileage. No I don't do 75 MPH in the left lane, but I do usually cruise between 60 and 70 MPH depending on traffic conditions. The car is comfortable, runs very quite and smooth. I really like the gauge layout on the dash and the Sync works reasonably well - my issue was that the IOS 7.0.4 update broke the Bluetooth interface which is causing me to have to reboot my iPhone at least once a day so it will sync correctly.

By far, the gas mileage has been my favorite feature. My previous truck got about 16 MPG so I was spending around $4,500 dollars a year in gas cost! If I can keep this car at 53 MPG I will save around $3,700 a year - nice return on an investment. When working, the iPhone interface with Sync works really well. The navigation is also very nice. The leather seats are comfortable; environmental controls are laid out very nicely and easy to use.

Since I am tall person - 6'2'' I have to drive with the seat back. Even at full extension the steering wheel does not come toward me far enough. Daytime running lights would be a nice feature as well. I know that the SE package does not include a start button, but in a hybrid that should be standard. I did have a few cosmetic issues with the car that the dealer had to fix - such as the molding on one of the windows did not fix correctly nor line up right. The dealer was able to fix at no cost to me. I really like Ford products, but I feel it is this kind of issues that make people buy Honda.

Finally had to do a review
By bruceski2

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my 2013 fusion hybrid SE for 8 months and just passed 40,000 miles without a single problem. I have never gotten below 40 mpg and routinely get 44-46 in the summer and 41-44 in the winter. It really doesn't matter how I drive the car, the mileage rarely strays. Everywhere I go people ask me about the car and I can't say anything negative. It is the one car I have owned that I truly enjoy. I had the software upgrade and it did not increase or decrease my mileage. I have a ton of bells and whistles that I only got because the car already had them on it. This is by far the best car I have owned.

Love the park assist and cross traffic monitor. The back up camera is a must have and makes parking a breeze.

The only real improvement I could see is the leather is wearing a little more than I'd like but at least as good as my old Toyota.

Don't buy, unreliable, MPG misrepresented, Sync does not work as represented
By info8

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Fusion looks great, but it is not reliable. The Dec 2013 Consumer Reports gives Ford (especially the Fusion Hybrid) very low reliability scores.The Fusion Hybrid is one of the few cars CR expressly puts in its "Not Recommended" category.Its low profile tires rupture easily and it does not have a spare tire which requires a tow (its inflation device might only work on punctures). Ford Sync system does not always work. The warning system and bright light dimmer work sporadically. Ford is slow in suppling repair parts. Distracting warning lights erratically appear and disappear on instrument panel. Actual MPG is 35-7, not Ford's bogus 47. Don't make the same mistake that I did.

Exterior appearance & design, Ice Storm color, exterior lights are attractive, sunroof, adequate headroom with sunroof closed, fold down rear seats, Ford Roadside Assistance which the unreliable Fusion needs, 2 USB ports that can be used instead of the unreliable Bluetooth sync

Do not continue misrepresenting 47 MPG, supply a spare tire & jack as you do on non-hybrid Fusions, simplify the electronics, improve voice recognition (commands don't always work), improve navigation system which is not as good as the one on my cell phone, FoMoCo should improve parts supply (send correct parts, improve speed of delivery), get some good electronic techs that can find causes of problems & fix a bad system,

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid after 1 Year
By mgmd11

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have been driving my Ford Fusion Hydrid for 1 year now with 16K miles on it. I routinely get 41-44 mpg with an 80 mile roundtrip commute to work. Living in the Seattle area has advantages for better gas mileage beciase of milder summers and winters which do not result in poorer mileage due to using AC and heater as much. Freeway speed limit is also 60 mph around here. The estimated MPG generated on the Fuel Economy page matched my actual value quite well until July when I had a software ungrade. Now I routinely see 48-51 estimate MPG after burning a full tank of gas but my actual is still 41-44 MPG. Hmmm. Is Ford fudging the data?

Gas mileage; adaptive cruise control is very cool even used when commuting; back up and side alerting system especially good with the silent hybrid; blindspot detection; power when you need it even for a hybrid

Engine noisy, especially noticeable when accelerating at lower speeds; build quality, some trim items too cheap, come off too easily

What 47 mpg ?
By mikeeewags

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have now put 5500 miles on my 2013 fusion se. I have yet to even get close to 40 mpg, much less 47 mpg. I drove from Florida to Ohio and back last week and the best mileage I got was 35 in the mountains, but only 33 in the flat areas of Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina. I had the computer upgrade done before I left and that was no help either. Will be contacting the Ford Tech people tomorrow and see what the issue is with the mileage. Other than the mileage it is a most wonderful car, and adding a lot of chrome makes it a real head turner.

Quietness of the interior, seat, ford sync, navigation, and overall feel of the car

Get real with the mileage. I did not pay $33,000.00 for a car to get 30% less mileage than the EPA Rating. Feel used in that area. And who are these people getting 40-50mpg. Paid by Ford?