2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion Hybrid model:
Great car and fuel economy above EPA
By greycrx87 on 07/16/13 12:20 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just recently purchased my 2013 FFH, and absolutely fell in love with it. My previous car was only getting around 18MGP avg, while this car already is sitting at 43 avg. I have trips where I can easily go above 50 MGP, even as close to 60 MGP and the engine is not even broken in. I have the SE version that comes with Nav and leather seats, the car is very comfortable and I really like the way it handles. Regular driving to work I achive mid 40s MGP with AC on, and high 40s MGP without AC. Great car.

Great looking car, terrible reliability on Ford Sync, Poor mileage
By r_r on 07/12/13 15:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Car looks great, drives well for a hybrid, solidly built with a nice interior. However the Ford Sync system along with voice-activated navigation totally sucks. Navigation doesn't compute route 1/2 the time, screen keeps freezing over, reboots by itself. To add insult to injury, I've had the car 2 months and taken it twice already to the dealer--they simply reset the system and say nothing is wrong and nothing more they can do. Completely unacceptable. If you buy this car, avoid getting the sync and navigation system. You will be burning a few thousand $ for nothing.

47 MPG maybe not a lie but sure ain't true
By john1932 on 07/09/13 12:16 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If you can get anything over 30 MPG in town you can not drive over 25 and need to coast to stops. On the highway 35 MPG is what you get. Back seat leg room not there, trunk small even considering battery pack. Driver side window molding coming off so I am gluing it on. Am I disappointed of course but everything above I can live with except the total deception Ford has put out on the MPG one might expect.

Awesome car!!
By sledgehammer44 on 06/20/13 22:16 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've owned the car for roughly 1800 miles now. The first few tanks it was averaging 38mpg but on my current tank it jumped up to 43mpg. I live in an area that is mountainous so I feel this is very good for my area and it would seem there is a break in period to get better mpg. As for the rest of the car I think it is fantastic. Lots of tech toys, seats are comfortable, rides smooth and yet it handles turn very well. I never thought I would own a Hybrid, because I think the Prius looks like pooh, but Ford really hit one out of the park with this car!

Best Car Yet
By richaardg on 06/02/13 19:19 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After a thousand miles I am well satisfied with my Fusion. MPG for me is 44 to 51 by driving as taught in Drivers Ed and liberal use of Cruse. I bought all the safety features except park assist and love how they work. Lane Keeping is great. The backup camera is the best I have seen in any car and I have looked at a lot of them before buying my Fusion. Active Cruse Control really works well too, especially on interstates. The SE model is well equipped and My Ford Touch is no problem contrary to what Consumer Reports says. I also am glad the Moon Roof was optional. I did not have to buy it.

First hybrid
By dalesky on 05/15/13 08:31 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am a recent buyer, having had the car for just a few weeks. So far, absolutely nothing about this car disappoints. Mileage is over 40 in town driving, and comfort is amazing. The seats are probably the most supportive in this category, and the handling is certainly the most crisp and confidence inspiring. Handles like nothing else in this class.

Lame MPG
By mxgolf on 05/14/13 09:46 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I actually love the car but the mileage is not even close to EPA numbers. 33 MPG is not 47 or even close. I drive like a grandma now and it still does not get near what it's supposed to. I would gladly get rid of the car due to Ford lying about the mileage. I do live in Oregon which has 4 seasons but the weather should not have anything to do with fuel mileage. If there was a lemon law for fuel mileage I would gladly give this car back. Unfortunately I am stuck with it. I would not recommend buying the car if you are buying it for the hybrid mileage.

Best sedan on the market, perfect for almost everyone
By hybridbear on 05/14/13 06:48 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We ordered our Fusion Hybrid back in October and took delivery in December. This is the most comfortable car I've ever sat in. Long road trips are no issue as the seats are comfortable even after 14-15 hours in the car per day, we felt refreshed each night after driving the car all day. Our fuel economy was around 40 MPG in the cold MN winter with some tanks dipping into the 30s when the temperatures were consistently below zero. Now that spring is here our last few tanks have been above 50 MPG and the current tank is at 56 MPG about 3/4 used up. The city fuel economy is amazing and highway fuel economy is better than any non-hybrid sedan available

Absolutely outstanding ... exceeding expectations
By rjent on 05/11/13 17:59 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I ordered a Hybrid Titanium model. I like driving the top of the line, but didn't want to go plug in. This car is just amazing. In town (small rural town) I am achieving over 50 on most trips. Some of the shortest trips of less than 2 miles will vary from high 30's to low 50's. Interstate is in the 40's and back road highways are returning just about EPA rating.

Waste of Money
By kingbb71 on 04/20/13 05:39 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Do not waste your money on this car. Ford's claim of 47 mpg highway is just simply not true. I had this car for 6 months and drove 6,500 miles, mostly highway, and averaged about 35-37 mpg. I even tried to drive slow and not accelerate, but could still only average at best 37 mpg. Also, after about a month, the ABS light came on multiple times and the dealer could not figure out why. The Ford MyTouch also does not work as advertised. The navigation system regularly froze and was pretty much useless. I hated this car so much that I took a loss of about $4k to get out of it when I traded it in after six months. Don't make the same mistake I did.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid in NJ is:

$230 per month*