Used 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Fusion Hybrid model:

Love this car!
By hankfink

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love it! Beautiful inside and out, very comfortable and I get 43MPG average. I drive pretty fast and on a regular bases exceed the MPGs. It's rated at 43 MPG now, so I'm happy thats exactly what I get. The stereo is great, and the navigation more accurate than a smart phone. On a trip from SF to LA I have a 1/4 tank left over. Surprises everyone how nice the interior (luxury package w navigation) is. Oh the brakes are great!

Favorite Features

Interior, exterior styling. It's fast if you push it, and handles well.

Suggested Improvements

Wish devs had apps for MyFord Touch, I'd like real buttons for climate controls and the radio and maybe more wheel options cause they're difficult to clean. I've had zero issues with the sync system, and I've found that most complaints were below a certain version.

Best Car I have purchased in years!
By terryauto

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Flawless! I have owned just about every make of car from high end US, European & Asian models to entry level cars and trucks. I own 6 different cars and trucks and collector cars. It is fair to say I have experienced many different technologies. My Fusion Hybrid SE is loaded with all the options and has been flawless. At first the mileage was in the mid to high 30's and after 1500 miles I am up to 43mpg. The key is to take into consideration your driving style, road conditions, wind conditions. One thing i quickly learned was to use the cruise control as much as possible as it really helped my mileage. I am very impressed with the build quality, ride and performance of my Fusion! Love it!

Favorite Features

The Ford Sync system, adaptive cruise control, parking system, interior fit, form and finish, cool exterior styling resembling Aston Martin! The car can deliver power when needed and has great acceleration for a hybrid! I own high torque/horsepower cars and the Fusion is no slouch! The ride is solid and comfortable and the quietness of the ride is better than other high end cars we have owned! That was a real surprise! Fuel economy is coming on and hopefully as we put more miles on the car it will get closer to the EPA rating. Wish they still sold fuel without Methanol! You would have better mileage and performance.

Suggested Improvements

Allow the option for the high end Sony Stereo in the SE model! Add a power passenger seat that moves in the same motions as the drivers seat. Everything else is on target.

Nice looking, but don't expect great mileage.
By dougbratman

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My 2013 Fusion Hybrid gets about 37 or 38 mpg on average; about 9 mpg less than the stated 47. It's not a lot different than my wife's non-hybrid 2013 Accord. And the price for this mileage is not much power. I brought it in for the "software update" but it did nothing to help. This is a $33,000 car! The car is attractive and comfortable, to be sure. The Sync system is not optimal. When I turn on the car the phone syncs, but I cannot use it for a full 5 minutes or it makes the call and the other person can't hear me. The Accord works right away. There are also times when, in order to disconnect from the call, I literally had to pull over and shut the car off. Talk about a hard reboot!

Favorite Features

Attractive car. Comfortable seats and smooth ride. Better mileage than the average mid-size though, as stated, nowhere near what's promised. Love the backup camera with full color display (The Accord also has a camera on the passenger side to see blind spot). Blind spot monitoring. Beeping when close to rear or side object. Handles well in snow with snow tires. Smart, efficient interior design. Cap-free gas tank access. Heated seats with 3 intensities.

Suggested Improvements

Some design/manufacturing flaws. The mileage is nowhere near as promised and Ford knows this. They had a softwear update that is ineffective. The Bluetooth phone doesn't sync for several minutes at best and is quirky. I've had to pull over and turn off the car to end a call. You can't adjust temperature from steering wheel, as you could with my Explorer. When you wash the car the portion under the trunk lid remains dirty (design flaw). You can get more power with a heavier foot on the gas, but the mileage will suffer greatly. Worse mileage in cooler temps when the engine must stay on longer. Ford should reimburse us for the hundreds of dollars in gas we are buying vs what they promised.

A Big Disappointment
By jay26tm

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Special-ordered this car to get all the tech available in a fuel-efficient mid-size sedan. Unfortunately, the car only delivers 37.6 mpg - not the claimed 47 (and I was able to get 52 mpg in a rented Hyundai, so my driving style is NOT the problem). Most disappointing is poor reliability - back in the shop for the 3rd time in 10 months for mysterious electrical issues. Poor workmanship from the factory allowed water to saturate electronic components, causing all sorts of electrical problems. With only 9k miles on it, car has now spent 11 days in the shop over the past 10 months: my 2010 Chrysler has only spent 2 days in the shop & my 2003 import only 5. I just want to drive it off a cliff!!

Favorite Features

Love the adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring, keyless entry, and back-up camera with active guidelines. These features are available on a lot of other vehicles now, so none of them are exclusive to the Fusion or to Ford. Auto dimming rear and side mirrors are also a plus. Vehicle does have 60/40 folding rear seats, which is not available on many hybrids.

Suggested Improvements

Improve quality workmanship from the factory. Mine had a wiring boot improperly connected between the driver door & A-pillar that allowed water into the electrical components. Also, wiring and carpet under the driver's seat is a mess - very unprofessional and not a neat finish. Interior and exterior trim pieces throughout the vehicle are loose, and there is way too much plastic used. For $36k, you'd expect a bit more quality in the vehicle. Also, stop claiming the vehicle gets 47 mpg when it clearly does not. I can get 37 mpg highway out of my 11-year old import (that only claims 27 mpg highway). I should be able to get nearly 60 out of the Fusion.

Ford Fusion Hybrid 2013
By ksaclo

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Owned for 7 months and reading reviews to see if there were serious issues I may run into. The majority of the reviews are right on target with my findings and the only bad reviews are from people who do not drive the car properly or are having a specific one off issue, then blowing it out of proportion (e.g. tires rupture easily. Huh?). Currently getting 44.4 MPG once I learned not to punch the gas pedal and keep the gas lightly applied esp. on the HWY (60-70). Teenage daughter driving goes down about 10 MPG (2+2=?). Love this car and is the best commuter car ever purchased. That coming from a very experienced southern California driver and a friend who owns the Titanium agrees 100%.

Favorite Features

Technical amenities are nice. I am in the technology industry so I know what I am referring to. I had a person in my car who owns a nice 2 year old BMW who commented "Wow, I wish I had some of those features on a touch screen in my car.". Rearview camera is also nice and the overall stylings compared to the majority of hybrids (which are either ugly or the same body as their best selling car, with the hybrid slapped on to it).

Suggested Improvements

Noticed a few glitches in the Sync/bluetooth features, but nothing that prevents me from using it (e.g. can't go back scrolling thru phonebook while driving, but can scroll ahead.).