Used 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion Hybrid model:

Very cheaply made vehicle that costs way too much
By SoCalCASK

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had this car for 2 years. I drive the car 120 miles a day in Los Angeles Traffic being the vehicle 4 hours a day, I know and understand this vehicle...stay far far away!!! The interior and exterior of this vehicle is the cheapest that money can buy with a luxury price tag. The technology in this car is about 10 years behind the times. The Bluetooth works about 20% of the time which is awful since I drive 4 hours a day and rely on Bluetooth for basic functionality. I need Bluetooth to be able to take care of any client calls and I also rely on this for my podcasts. I am in the car 4 hours and am stuck without any Bluetooth, it is truly like having a car in the 90's again. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR, it is overpriced and Ford should be ashamed. This car cost more than my luxury vehicle and it drives, rides, and is like the cheapest car I have ever purchased. I am paying a premium for what I consider a car not worthy of the cheapest vehicle on the road. Issues - No Bluetooth - If Bluetooth does work the caller hears the phone ringing several times inside the vehicle before you connect, this is extremely unprofessional and most of the time callers get confused and hang up - The trunk materials fell apart quickly and the trunk doesn't close. I purchased the extended warranty so I took this in thinking this is a basic fix they should cover, NO, they wanted me to pay for their CHEAP materials used that do not allow the trunk to close. No thank you, I can't put any additional money into this piece of **** - When you take the car in under your prepaid service plan the dealership puts you to the back of the line so you have to wait for any basic service well in excess of anyone else. I work long hard hours, I don't have an extra 2 hours to spend at a dealership. In addition, they refuse to wash the vehicle. Basically the dealership even treats this car like it's a POS cheap car - 4 recalls on the vehicle thus far. Again, I don't have time to deal with Ford's issues This is the worst purchase I have made in my entire life. Do not make the same mistake that I did. Cheaply made car at a premium price

Cheaply made car at a premium price
By David Smith

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had this car for two years and 60,000 miles. It has had at least four unique recalls and now a fifth that they haven't figured out how to repair. The trim is very cheap and general craftsmanship is poor. The gaps between fenders and the both the hood and trunk are variable by side. The trunk is so far out of line it's noticeable from a distance. The front end bottoms out and comes off on the sides. There are rattles throughout the car, but especially in the driver's side rear door. The gas mileage is substantially less than expected. It runs well though and brakes really well. Handling is okay. Generally, it is a comfortable but small feeling car. Overpriced with rapid depreciation.

Awesome car!Quiet, Comfy and 42.5 Avg MPG!
By Steve McCown

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased this car as a work vehicle. I am a salesman who needs a comfortable ride for myself and clients. The Fusion Hybrid SE has been the perfect fit. The car is quiet and road noise is minimal. I have owned mine since May of 2013 and have driven it 68K averaging 42.5 mpg. Rear seat passengers always comment on the comfort and roominess of the rear seating. The 2.0 liter hybrid engine has plenty of pep when you need it and the CVT is smooth. My wife is not a "car person" and prefers trucks and SUV's but has stated on many occasions that she "likes" the Fusion. Overall I really love this car! Positives: Great styling, comfort, quiet ride, great handling, fuel economy, responsive, front and rear seats are very comfortable, auto adaptive cruise is a great feature, fold down rear seat is handy when shopping or carrying long or bulky items. Negatives: Bluetooth voice commands get garbled and people you are talking to on the hands free have trouble hearing you when climate control fan speed is above 40%. I have had to turn off/down the fan to make a hands free call or use voice command gps navigation.

Ok Car
By Tuko

Just turned in 2013 Fusion Hybrid at end of 3 year lease. Nice looking car. Pretty good mileage averaged around 41 mpg over the lease term which isn't bad but not up to advertising. MySync was a pain in the butt to get working properly. Trunk space severely limited by battery pack. Main complaint was the 13 gallon gas tank. Prior Fusions/MKZs hybrids had the standard 17.5 gallon tank. So, even with the great mileage, I was still having to fill up more often. After lease was up, went out and purchased a used 2012 Lincoln MKZ hybrid with the larger tank. Same great gas mileage. Good looking car. More pep than the Fusion for whatever reason. Maybe fill it up once per month. With most hybrids, mileage is better in the city than on the highway. Winter weather also takes a toll but heck, any car getting in the high 30s to high 40s in gas mileage is pretty good and for my two cents, the MKZ/Fusions look a heck of a lot better than a Prius.

Love this car!
By hankfink

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love it! Beautiful inside and out, very comfortable and I get 43MPG average. I drive pretty fast and on a regular bases exceed the MPGs. It's rated at 43 MPG now, so I'm happy thats exactly what I get. The stereo is great, and the navigation more accurate than a smart phone. On a trip from SF to LA I have a 1/4 tank left over. Surprises everyone how nice the interior (luxury package w navigation) is. Oh the brakes are great!

Interior, exterior styling. It's fast if you push it, and handles well.

Wish devs had apps for MyFord Touch, I'd like real buttons for climate controls and the radio and maybe more wheel options cause they're difficult to clean. I've had zero issues with the sync system, and I've found that most complaints were below a certain version.

• SUV