2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion Hybrid model:
Best Car I have purchased in years!
By terryauto on 04/28/14 18:31 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Flawless! I have owned just about every make of car from high end US, European & Asian models to entry level cars and trucks. I own 6 different cars and trucks and collector cars. It is fair to say I have experienced many different technologies. My Fusion Hybrid SE is loaded with all the options and has been flawless. At first the mileage was in the mid to high 30's and after 1500 miles I am up to 43mpg. The key is to take into consideration your driving style, road conditions, wind conditions. One thing i quickly learned was to use the cruise control as much as possible as it really helped my mileage. I am very impressed with the build quality, ride and performance of my Fusion! Love it!

Nice looking, but don't expect great mileage.
By dougbratman on 04/27/14 08:13 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My 2013 Fusion Hybrid gets about 37 or 38 mpg on average; about 9 mpg less than the stated 47. It's not a lot different than my wife's non-hybrid 2013 Accord. And the price for this mileage is not much power. I brought it in for the "software update" but it did nothing to help. This is a $33,000 car! The car is attractive and comfortable, to be sure. The Sync system is not optimal. When I turn on the car the phone syncs, but I cannot use it for a full 5 minutes or it makes the call and the other person can't hear me. The Accord works right away. There are also times when, in order to disconnect from the call, I literally had to pull over and shut the car off. Talk about a hard reboot!

A Big Disappointment
By jay26tm on 03/05/14 19:08 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Special-ordered this car to get all the tech available in a fuel-efficient mid-size sedan. Unfortunately, the car only delivers 37.6 mpg - not the claimed 47 (and I was able to get 52 mpg in a rented Hyundai, so my driving style is NOT the problem). Most disappointing is poor reliability - back in the shop for the 3rd time in 10 months for mysterious electrical issues. Poor workmanship from the factory allowed water to saturate electronic components, causing all sorts of electrical problems. With only 9k miles on it, car has now spent 11 days in the shop over the past 10 months: my 2010 Chrysler has only spent 2 days in the shop & my 2003 import only 5. I just want to drive it off a cliff!!

Ford Fusion Hybrid 2013
By ksaclo on 12/26/13 14:30 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Owned for 7 months and reading reviews to see if there were serious issues I may run into. The majority of the reviews are right on target with my findings and the only bad reviews are from people who do not drive the car properly or are having a specific one off issue, then blowing it out of proportion (e.g. tires rupture easily. Huh?). Currently getting 44.4 MPG once I learned not to punch the gas pedal and keep the gas lightly applied esp. on the HWY (60-70). Teenage daughter driving goes down about 10 MPG (2+2=?). Love this car and is the best commuter car ever purchased. That coming from a very experienced southern California driver and a friend who owns the Titanium agrees 100%.

My First Hybrid - 2013 Fusion SE
By ga_ashby on 12/13/13 12:12 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car primarily because of it's gas mileage and style. Over the past three weeks I have been averaging 53 MPG in my daily 42 mile commute in Atlanta traffic. I have had to learn how to drive this car to maximize it's mileage. No I don't do 75 MPH in the left lane, but I do usually cruise between 60 and 70 MPH depending on traffic conditions. The car is comfortable, runs very quite and smooth. I really like the gauge layout on the dash and the Sync works reasonably well - my issue was that the IOS 7.0.4 update broke the Bluetooth interface which is causing me to have to reboot my iPhone at least once a day so it will sync correctly.

Finally had to do a review
By bruceski2 on 12/11/13 19:49 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my 2013 fusion hybrid SE for 8 months and just passed 40,000 miles without a single problem. I have never gotten below 40 mpg and routinely get 44-46 in the summer and 41-44 in the winter. It really doesn't matter how I drive the car, the mileage rarely strays. Everywhere I go people ask me about the car and I can't say anything negative. It is the one car I have owned that I truly enjoy. I had the software upgrade and it did not increase or decrease my mileage. I have a ton of bells and whistles that I only got because the car already had them on it. This is by far the best car I have owned.

Don't buy, unreliable, MPG misrepresented, Sync does not work as represented
By info8 on 12/03/13 00:22 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Fusion looks great, but it is not reliable. The Dec 2013 Consumer Reports gives Ford (especially the Fusion Hybrid) very low reliability scores.The Fusion Hybrid is one of the few cars CR expressly puts in its "Not Recommended" category.Its low profile tires rupture easily and it does not have a spare tire which requires a tow (its inflation device might only work on punctures). Ford Sync system does not always work. The warning system and bright light dimmer work sporadically. Ford is slow in suppling repair parts. Distracting warning lights erratically appear and disappear on instrument panel. Actual MPG is 35-7, not Ford's bogus 47. Don't make the same mistake that I did.

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid after 1 Year
By mgmd11 on 11/15/13 12:47 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have been driving my Ford Fusion Hydrid for 1 year now with 16K miles on it. I routinely get 41-44 mpg with an 80 mile roundtrip commute to work. Living in the Seattle area has advantages for better gas mileage beciase of milder summers and winters which do not result in poorer mileage due to using AC and heater as much. Freeway speed limit is also 60 mph around here. The estimated MPG generated on the Fuel Economy page matched my actual value quite well until July when I had a software ungrade. Now I routinely see 48-51 estimate MPG after burning a full tank of gas but my actual is still 41-44 MPG. Hmmm. Is Ford fudging the data?

What 47 mpg ?
By mikeeewags on 10/01/13 16:35 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have now put 5500 miles on my 2013 fusion se. I have yet to even get close to 40 mpg, much less 47 mpg. I drove from Florida to Ohio and back last week and the best mileage I got was 35 in the mountains, but only 33 in the flat areas of Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina. I had the computer upgrade done before I left and that was no help either. Will be contacting the Ford Tech people tomorrow and see what the issue is with the mileage. Other than the mileage it is a most wonderful car, and adding a lot of chrome makes it a real head turner.

Poor MPG and Getting Worse
By larrysfl on 08/20/13 15:50 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had the 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid since last November (nearly 10 months) and previously owned a 2010 Fusion Hybrid that I drove for over 3 years. I know how to drive this Hybrid to squeeze every ounce of fuel economy out of it. Driving this car for maximum efficiency, with 100% efficiency on Braking, Acceleration & Cruising resulting in an average 33 MPG. It was physically impossible to operate this vehicle under any conditions to get more than 35 MPG. The dealer told me it needed a 5k mile "break-in". So I waited and drove. After 5k - NO change whatsoever in MPG. Then they installed a new "Fix" for the MPG the Ford released and now my MPG is WORSE! Now I can barely get 30 MPG!

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan in VA is:

$139 per month*