2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Great Car

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Review

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Base Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Great Car
By rahenige on

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My first car from a US company (all previous cars have been German or Japanese, most recently a Honda Accord Hybrid). I've had the car since Jan. 4, 2011. Fuel mileage started out at 28mpg due to cold weather and snow in the Boston area. Now that spring has arrived, the car averaged 39.0mpg for the last tankful (based on 513 trip miles divided by 13.2 gallons to refuel). Overall fuel economy is 34.1mpg (156 gallons for 5,330 miles). I expect this to continue to improve throughout spring, summer and into next fall. Power from 2.5L I4 is adequate, although not as good as the 3.0L V6 in my HAH. Handling is good, but again not as crisp as in the HAH. Fuel economy is about 50% better.

Favorite Features

This car has the navigation system with 7-inch display, backup camera and Sony sound system with 10GB jukebox for storing up to 2,600 songs. User interface is very intuitive and easy to use. Hands-off use is possible with Bluetooth enabled phones which is a great safety feature.