Used 2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fusion-hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (10 reviews )

Melbourne Florida
By aebner1

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Owned a 2006 Ford Fusion SEL and loved it. After 93000 miles I decided to trade it on a 2012 Fusion Hybrid. Wife and I looked at Prius Hybrid but thought the interior looked cheap and my wife and I decided we like the comfort the Fusion offered, plus 0-60 in 8.6 second instead of 12 seconds for the Prius. Fusion is very fast off the line. Good for passing. We bought the car the 4th of July and are learning how to maximize gas milege. We average 39 mpg over all. Today I got 45.9 mpg on 45 to 55 miles an hour driving. Some people said they get 36 average. My wife was hesitant about buying a hybrid at first but now is a believer in hybrid. We both like all the bells and whistles.

Most satisfying car I've owned
By rahenige

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

14-months after initial purchase, I have had no problems with the car. I have kept track of all fuel purchases and long-term fuel mileage is 37 mpg, mostly commuting (app. 17 miles in Boston area). Fuel economy is better in warmer weather: over 43 mpg for one tank in July. Cold weather, snow and rain decrease fuel economy (28 mpg for one tank in January) since the engine is on longer to maintain operating temperature (and heat the car). Options include moonroof, leather seats, navigation system, Sirius radio, Sony sound system, 10GB jukebox, BLInd Spot Sensor, backup camera

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, blue tooth phone support, 10GB jukebox, Sirius radio, navigation system

Suggested Improvements

None

9 Month and very satisfied.
By wilcox

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

QUIET. Currently avg. 41.0 mpg. Lower numbers in winter, higher in spring. Drives fine - will scoot if asked to. Comfortable and good climate controls. Good stereo. Love blind spot system and dash displays. I drive rather non-aggressively. It has everything on it and it all works great. The triple tri-coat white makes the vehicle look outstanding. Classy looking even if it is a plentiful Ford...

Favorite Features

CVT transmission, display, fuel economy feedback, self dimming rear view mirror, no cap gas tank, unique styled hybrid spoked wheels, access in and out, leather seat comfort (stone color), good visibility, brakes, and Sony sound system. Changing oil is easy with it's design under neath. We have not fully used sync or navigation system yet. Have not tried to plug in our cell phone either. In 15 mile city trips in evening we receive 50+ mile per gallon readings often. For the truth!

Suggested Improvements

Monochromatic self dimming side mirror (like Lincoln MKZ has). In addition, Mud flaps, larger Trunk Organizer, and hydraulic Hood opener cylinder system to replace crude manual hood prop-rod (all which I've purchased and installed after market). How about a 60 month bumper to bumper warranty? Perhaps the MKZ may be a better vehicle but it costs more...

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Drivers Ultimate Bliss
By csavas

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Day 60 of ownership of my new 2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid. I have owned Chevy's exclusively all my life, and always have loved them. Started researching new cars, innovative, stylish, technology, and "good" gas mileage. After 8 weeks of visiting dealers, test drives, I convinced myself to make the jump to Ford, all because of the Fusion Hybrid. All I can say, "I'm Lovin It", and I'm not speaking about the Golden Arches, but rather the Blue Oval Badge. This car is AmaZing. Stylish, nice lines beautifully revealed by the Tri-Platinum White color. So quiet, so smooth, it's like a magic carpet ride cruising down the highway. Technology beaucoup, and plenty of power, with super handling. "Own One"

Favorite Features

Being a technology nut, even though I'm 56, it was definitely a contributing factor(s) to my purchase. SYNC- traffic, nav, color weather radar (real time). Voice activation almost everything, including climate. Backup camera with superior resolution. BLIS - blind spot avoidance! Auto variable windshield wiper speed according to rain intensity. Unbelievable navigation system, with real time traffic via SiriusTraffic Link. Actually it has very comfortable seats too. Oh yeah, 12 speaker Sony Sound System with your own JukeBox feature. My 90 year old Dad can't believe the car and loves the technology everytime he is with me. Instrument panel layout, design, and info so cool too. Lots of info!!!!

Suggested Improvements

-Auto seat positioning with entry / exit. -Mirror illuminated turn signals from front & back -Rear Seat Area a/c & heat outlets -A dedicated area and mount for "speedpasses" auto pay toll booth features, & perhaps actually built in! -Remote Bi-Directional Start standard -Front sensors and camera to help with head on parking to avoid curbs and hood/bumper strikes with obstacles or other cars. Camera could activate at 2 miles per hour or less in drive.

Finally, A Winner
By singsong

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've stayed away from American branded cars for many years for obvious reasons. Owned a few Hondas between dear wife and me - never been impressed with those either. My latest ride is a Hyundai Santa Fe. Liked it just fine. Now I can boldly say that I love my 2011 Fusion Hybrid! Have had it for a month now and just loving it. The ride is comfortable, quiet with plenty of gadgets and great A/C and no lack of passing power when needed. Test-drove the Sonata Hybrid and was disappointed with all but the looks. Glad I picked the Fusion.

Favorite Features

The Sync, the gas mileage, the cool A/C, the good sound system, the great handling. Ford even paid attention to minor details like the tires. I was surprised to see Michelin tires on the ride. The Sonata Hybrid on the other hand had no-name tires and not even a donut spare tire (tsk, tsk)!

Suggested Improvements

The skin is getting dated. Needs a new look.