Used 2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid Base Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (13 reviews )

Great car for economy minded senior
By Larry Lerner

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Trunk is slightly compromised due to battery, but car drives firm and comfortable.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Meredith Zarth

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my 2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid in July 2015. I was VERY lucky to find one at a low price with very low miles. This is truly the best car I've ever owned. The technology is *outstanding* and the comfort superior for a vehicle at this price point. Performance and reliability so far have been great for a mid-size sedan. This is the first hybrid I've ever owned, and it took some getting used to when the gas engine would shut off as I idled - or the way it doesn't seem to "start" when I turn the key. But the mileage and easy care have been well worth the adjustment! I would recommend a Ford Fusion Hybrid to anyone looking for a vehicle in or near its class.

I LOVE THIS CAR
By glmamm

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am the first and only owner of my 2011 fusion hybrid. I have 108,700 miles on it and the only thing I have had repaired is my tires. It's a great car and I am so thankful for it. I just wish dealers would stop trying to sell me on fixing things for this car that I don't need. They think I am going to buy their bullshit because the car has so many miles on it. This car is made to last. If I need something fixed on it I get a trusted friend to advise me, not the dealerships. It so sad that I love my car but I can't find a ford dealership service that I can trust. I actually had the last dealer tell me my battery was bad and that it had died on them - so I needed a new one. That's hilarious because it's never ever ever had a dead battery - probably because it has a freakin huge hybrid battery that keeps it well charged. duh!!! I told the dealer it was dead because they did something that made it die. Of course he denied that. Said he saw evidence of battery clamps on the battery - that's because we are always charging up someone else's car!!!!! Love my ford, just wish FORD was pushing for integrity of their dealership service providers!!!!

Melbourne Florida
By aebner1

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Owned a 2006 Ford Fusion SEL and loved it. After 93000 miles I decided to trade it on a 2012 Fusion Hybrid. Wife and I looked at Prius Hybrid but thought the interior looked cheap and my wife and I decided we like the comfort the Fusion offered, plus 0-60
in 8.6 second instead of 12 seconds for the Prius. Fusion is very fast off the line. Good for passing. We bought the car the 4th of July and are learning how to maximize gas milege. We average 39 mpg over all. Today I got 45.9 mpg on 45 to 55 miles an hour driving. Some people said they get 36 average. My wife was hesitant about buying a hybrid at first but now is a believer in hybrid. We both like all the bells and whistles.

Most satisfying car I've owned
By rahenige

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

14-months after initial purchase, I have had no problems with the car.
I have kept track of all fuel purchases and long-term fuel mileage is 37 mpg, mostly commuting (app. 17 miles in Boston area).
Fuel economy is better in warmer weather:
over 43 mpg for one tank in July.
Cold weather, snow and rain decrease fuel economy (28 mpg for one tank in January) since the engine is on longer to maintain operating temperature (and heat the car).

Options include moonroof, leather seats, navigation system, Sirius radio, Sony sound system, 10GB jukebox, BLInd Spot Sensor, backup camera

Fuel economy, blue tooth phone support, 10GB jukebox, Sirius radio, navigation system

None