2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Review: Unhappy customer

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Unhappy customer
By Unhappy customer on

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Certain parts of this vehicle I love but at 2300 miles I already have my second service engine light on so back to the shop I go. I also don't like the complete and outright lie on the 41mpg. Fill the tank up and the estimated miles to empty is 535 miles. It is a 17 gallon tank. Do the math, that is only 31.5 miles per gallon. I do however get more than 31.5 mpg but seems dumb to say you get 41 mpg and then show you will only get 31.5 mpg after filling the tank. Maybe I just got a lemon but not happy that I am going back to service AGAIN! EV mode can work up to 47mph but only at coasting speeds. Put one small hill in the way and it is gone.

Still gets a good mileage for the size of the vehicle. Love the synch with the voice commands. BLIS is really cool and the kids love the ambient lighting.

Wish I didn't have to use my key to start the car like the Taurus. Also wish I had power mirrors and memory seats.