2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Review: Still love it 2.5 years later

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Review

Still love it 2.5 years later
By greghodg on

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought new in summer 2009. It's been fantastic. Since then, I've been back to the dealer for two oil changes and one unplanned visit for a braking system issue. Gas mileage depends on conditions. In the summer in Phoenix, you have to run the A/C on full all the time, which can cause a big dip, and in the winter short trips will suffer since the gas engine doesn't shut down until it gets to normal temperature. I've averaged 37.5 since new.

Love the SYNC. I didn't care when I bought the car, but now I hate driving my wife's car without it. Cool and informative gauges, and the power outlet in the back has been handy many times. The gas mileage has been less than advertised, but still excellent and I've no complaints.

The sun visors kind of suck. When you push them forward, they pop out of the clip, and if you have it on the side window, they swing around when you turn.