2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Review: So Far, So Good...and Fun to D

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Review

So Far, So Good...and Fun to Drive!
By tr33climber on

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We ordered the 2010 Fusion based on a test drive in an '09 model. The seats in the Hybrid seem a little firmer than the '09--nearly too firm for my body. We got the 502A package with all the trinkets and leather seats and now have about 1500 miles on it after a 900 mile trip to a relative's house. Average mileage is about 38 mpg although I managed over 50 mpg at 60 mph in a 50 mile jaunt last night. I suspect 38 will be the normal mileage with our type of driving. My overall impression is that it is a very competent well engineered and quality built vehicle. We traded in a newer Towncar, and didn't lose much except the posh ride and gained quite a lot of new engineering progress.

My wife loves the touch screen. The Sirius connection is fun, although out of touch with the rural area we live in. I like the seamless transition from electric to gas--it doesn't keep reminding you are driving a hybrid. I also like the fact it doesn't look like other hybrids. The CVT tranny!

The bluetooth connection doesn't work for my Samsung phone. Their list of compatible phones is very incomplete at this time. The drinkholders in the doors are pretty useless--sort of an afterthought. I would like to see a locking door over the gas fill, especially since it doesn't need a cap.