2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Review: 40k Mile Update

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

40k Mile Update
By kd7oqc on

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Our lifetime MPG is 38.9 actual (40.4 on the trip computer.) Like my conventional vehicle the mileage swings by several miles per gallon based on driving conditions and weather. Yesterday I got 53.9 MPG on the way to work and 45.4 on the way home. Having owned mostly Japanese vehicles, it will take me awhile to trust the reliability. So far we have had to replace the right front wheel bearing (under warranty). The factory tires (Michelin) need replacing already, which is disappointing. The "0" key on the driver's keypad no longer illuminates. $200 fix. The electric driver's seat is binds when you adjust it to the rear. I'm not sure hybrid tech is cost effective.

Good crash test rating. Comfortable. Attractive interior and exterior. Heated leather seats. Acceptable fuel economy for a hybrid of this size/price.

I am skeptical of the long term quality of the vehicle. I don't buy a car so that I can take time off of work and start dumping money into repairs. I've never had a vehicle with a seat that would bind when adjusting it, no matter how old it was. There is no reason that the LEDs that illuminate the keypad shouldn't last 10 years or more. The infotainment system is busy and inconvenient. The GPS is the least user-friendly that I have used. Compared to Magellan or Tom-Tom, it takes too many key strokes to navigate the menus and enter a destination.