2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Review: Poor Gas mileage

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Review

Poor Gas mileage
By Jack on

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my 2010 Fusion Hybrid for 6 months and only get 31 mpg city/hwy. From everything I read I'm one of the very people owners that is getting this low of mileage! Dealer said that because I drive a short distance around town, that is what I will expect. I have driven 60 mi. plus and still can't get over 31 mpg. Ford advertised with city driving, you would expect the best gas mileage, not mine! I have talked to Ford Corp. and depending who you talk to I've gotten contradicting explanations. This is my only complaint with the car, but I bought it thinking I would get much better gas mileage, like reported. I can't imagine if I drove in cold weather what I would get.

I like the style, interior, backup sensor and how roomy it is.

Be realistic about the 36/41 mpg to your car buyers!
By enternewid
on 04/03/11 23:18 PM (PDT)

I have the same problem! We were getting over 40 mpg the first 4 months we owned the car, then mileage dropped to 28 mpg with no change in driving habits. Took it into Ford and they gave the song and dance that there are no error codes so they can't do any thing! So much for auto mechanics being able to figure out a problem. My guess would be a bad fuel injector or oxygen sensor being bad, but not enough to show a code. I did put in some injector cleaner even though the owner manual says not to. This actually helped and increased the mileage to about 32 mpg average. BFD I can be driving on the straight and level and the MPG gauge bounces up and down for no reason. After buying a new Mustang in 1988 and having injector problems that Ford refused to fix, I told myself I would never buy another Ford. Well I was stupid and bought one anyway. So unless whatever is wrong gets realy bad enough to show a code, I am screwed by Ford again!