2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Review: Poor Gas Mileage

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Review

Poor Gas Mileage
By enternewid on

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We were getting over 40 mpg the first 4 months we owned the car, then mileage dropped to 28 mpg with no change in driving habits. Took it into Ford and they gave the song and dance that there are no error codes so they can't do any thing! So much for auto mechanics being able to figure out a problem. My guess would be a bad fuel injector or oxygen sensor being bad, but not enough to show a code. I did put in some injector cleaner even though the owner manual says not to. This actually helped and increased the mileage to about 32 mpg average. BFD I can be driving on the straight and level and the MPG gauge bounces up and down for no reason. After buying a new Mustang in 1988 and having injector problems that Ford refused to fix, I told myself I would never buy another Ford. Well I was stupid and bought one anyway.

Nice Car but doesn't live up to advertised gas mileage. I can buy a straight gas powered car that gets better milage!