My First American Car in 12 years.
By Georgia Jim on
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
For years I have said that if the US Big 3 could just make a world class hybrid, I would buy it. Based on Edmunds and some other sources, I pre- ordered this before they were released. For me that was a big gamble. I think it paid off well. The car is well built, engaging and fun to drive. Despite the battery packs, there is enough trunk room for my wife, 17 year old son and I to have taken a trip to Disney World and felt like we had plenty of room even with our baggage. I'm using the electronic dash to help teach my boy not to lead-foot the gas pedal, which is a totally unexpected side benefit..
Favorite Features
The dash is great. There is a lot of information that would be helpful even if the car was not a hybrid. Sync 3.0 is really nice. Even without a nav system I get turn by turn directions, traffic updates, local business searches and so on. It also accesses songs off any USB drive.
Suggested Improvements
I hated the front grill at first. It's growing on me, but they could have done better. The spot for your right leg when driving is tight, but serviceable. Why, why, why would Ford put in a stereo system with all these features and only provide bass and treble adjustments?