2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Review: Mileage betters window sticker

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Review

Mileage betters window sticker
By wharden on

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I own a 2010 FFH, and it is exactly as advertised and gets better than sticker mileage, your mileage may vary as the owner’s manual states. I do get better mileage on the highway than I do in town. I live in a small town with limited stop lights and signs so I ‘m sure this is the reason for that. I have had a best open road mileage for a trip of 50.2 mpg figured with fill up to verify the computer figures they were within 5% of each other. The return trip netted 45.7 mpg. I drove the vehicle on its first drive from Dallas Texas where I purchased it to my town in Oklahoma and the first ever mileage from 300+ miles driven was 44.7 mpg this was highway driving at speeds 65-70 mph

Favorite feature is the hybrid system. The Nav system is a wealth of information with endless things that it can do; my experience without this option would be totally different. I recommend anyone looking to buy this vehicle pay the extra price they will not be disappointed. As the can’t pay back the premium price paid for a hybrid group say. I say it is no difference than anyone buying what they want from one option package to the next. I was going to purchase a Fusion Sport and this Sport option had a higher sticker than my Hybrid so I feel I paid less for my hybrid and my gas savings started the minute I took possession of my great car.

A front camera for parking would be a great addition it is hard to tell where the front is making it hard to avoid hitting parking barriors. An entry exit seat option would also be great.