2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Review: Love This Car

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Love This Car
By LoveThis Car on

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

502A package. Had 2 weeks. Joy to drive. First hybrid I've owned but have driven a Prius rental. Chose Ford to buy because of style and roomier interior. The lower mileage was a good trade-off for me. Playing the "mileage" game has changed my driving habits quite a bit. This car is incredibly quite and fun to drive so I don't mind cranking up the Sony stereo and driving slower. No hurray any more. Finding that my mpg keeps improving. Up to 40-44 pmg in moderate city traffic. Driving style impacts mpg a lot so heavy footed drivers may be disappointed. Seat support/adjustments with adjustable steering wheel make for a comfortable ride.

Favorite Features

MPG is the best feature! Dash panel instrumentation is an excellent tool to monitor driving style/impact. The Sony stereo is a plus. The hands-free voice activated SYNC system keeps focus on the road ahead where it belongs. Controls radio, phone, navigation, climate controls.

Suggested Improvements

More trunk space and fold down rear seats. Have keyless push button start like on the Prius. Blind spot indicators in side mirrors difficult to detect, maybe red flasher rather than orange and a little larger.