Learning how to drive all over again
By Juris on
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Received car less than 1 week ago, after 5-wk wait from date of order. So far it's everything I expected. No production laws. I am excited by the "game" of driving efficiently, and the electronics in this car give me lots of tools to work with. The car handles beautifully and is surprisingly responsive when I need to accelerate. Holds the road very well. Though still has just a bit of a sporty feel. Xlnt brakes, no "hybrid" feel to them. Interior appointments are very sharp. I love Ford's Sync system -- which accommodates the phones of everyone in the family (Bluetooth), as well as gives ample connections for iPhone/iPod, USB. (Bonus: I get a 110 V receptacle for my computer.)
Favorite Features
All of the hybrid features, and the electronics to make driving fun without being a distraction. Ford knows where to put all the dials and buttons on cars.
Suggested Improvements
My only concern was the loss of trunk space compared with standard Fusion. But it accommodates 2 medium plus 2 carry-on bags -- so not too shabby. You do lose the ability to put long items through to back seat, however, since the main battery is located behind that seat.