Excellent car
By bobsorel on
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I thought that I'd never buy another American car, as the build quality has been lacking. I wanted to take advantage of the clunkers program, but waited until the last weekend to make up my mind. I was pretty sure that we'd like the Prius as several friends love theirs. When we arrived at two Toyota dealers the lots were cleaned out and no Priuses anywhere in 100 miles. No Civic hybrids either. I'd read great reviews on the Fusion so decided to check it out. I was immediately impressed. This is a GREAT car. Terrific build quality, very solid and stable. Average 38.5 mpg even with a 10 mi. climb to our home. A 49.9 mi. trip on cruise at 72 mph gave 48.9 mpg. We're happy that we bought it.
Favorite Features
No thin plastics. Quality all around. Great handling. Plenty of power. 12 speaker stereo. Feel safe with ASC and loads of airbags. Comfy seats. Very helpful gee-whiz electronics. Deep cup holders. Beautiful design. True mid size car. Terrific mileage. Safety features. Ride. 12000 mi. oil changes.
Suggested Improvements
More battery reserve. Some kind of fold down section for rear seat. Lithium polymer batteries. Easier differentiation of control knobs for climate and sound system.