A hybrid that actually drives like a car
By Oman on
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I replaced a large SUV (Expedition EL loaded) with this car since I was mostly using it for commuting to work (about 65 miles per day). I had been considering a replacement but until the Fusion came out there was nothing that made sense for me. I wanted creature comforts, a great ride, great mileage, and something that could handle merging onto a 70MPH HWY with short rising ramps. I test drove a number of cars and a few smaller SUVs and nothing came close to meeting my requirements. The build and materials quality is top-notch. The car is comfortable and quiet. I'm getting just over 37 real MPG driving normally. It has plenty of room. I could not be happier with it.
Favorite Features
Hybrid drive is smooth, powerful, and gets great mileage. The Nav system is fully integrated and has a large touch screen. The instrument panel is perfect. The ride is great considering the low resistance tires. The stereo/media system is wonderful.
Suggested Improvements
Add missing features! (at least the option to get them): HIDs, Memory Seats, Universal Remote. Add a bit more head room.