Used 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (153 reviews )
Great Car - Good Job Ford
By wadere on 10/18/09 15:21 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had the car almost a month. I was looking at cars all over the map (Infiniti G37, Prius, BMW 1 Series, etc.). I chose the Ford Fusion Hybrid based upon reviews and desire to try a Hybrid. Also, I liked it that Ford did not take a bail-out. Mileage is as averaged (41MPH on the first two tanks and 38MPH on my current tank). Plenty of power for everyday driving. The BLISS sensor had an error yesterday but after wiping down the side of the car it worked again. Lots of Tech (I got the 502 package). Driving it is like playing a video game - beware of distractions. Overall definitely a good choice.

Just an Amazing Vehicle
By Mark on 10/10/09 08:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Like most here, we were looking for a Hybrid or other fuel efficient car, but it had to have all luxury appointments. Traded out a Mercedes for the Fusion. (THINK ABOUT THAT !) Because we drive under 10k miles/year, all highway, and we questioned whether we should just purchase a new luxo- cruiser or go Green. We chose to split the difference. After short-listing the expected cars, we drove this Fusion Hybrid in full-tilt trim. Almost on the spot, we were sold. Expected fears of buying American, build quality, reputation, status, etc weighed on us, but this car has the goods. Seriously. Drive one. This car is much better than the Mercedes it replaced.

Best Hybrid on the Market-Well done Ford
By Dave on 10/09/09 07:28 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Never thought I would ever purchase another Ford after my '88 died on me (trans, eng problems). Settled on buying a Camry Hybrid. Researched it and the Ford Hyb kept coming up on reviews. Well, read on that too plus others. Was sold by ALL the publications that thought the Ford Hyb was better. Final decision was based on the design, style, options, drivability, etc of the Fusion Hyb. Very happy with the car. Fun to drive. Achieving 41+ MPG. A few trips, got 56 MPG, especially in 45 miles or less neighborhood driving. Trick is to gradually accelerate to just past the desired mileage, say 47, completely back off the accelerator, it goes to EV (electric). You can then maintain 45MPG.

Marines Would Rather Drive A FFH.
By MoTard on 10/07/09 16:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm a Marine who drives 100 miles everyday to work. I was in the market for a Hybrid because of that and it was between this, Altima, Camry, Insight, and Prius.. and I'm very happy I chose a FFH. The size impressed me immediately, I didn't expect much from a mid-size sedan, a FORD one. Wonderful sparkling black paint. And once I'm in, I'm impressed by the soft, high-quality interior; And I own a 2001 Infiniti Q45 as well. Saves me so much money and power is most sufficient. A Prius actually coerced me and I left that stupid thing in the dust. I'm glad someone made a hybrid that can fit my family, doesn't look stupid. A CAR first + Hybrid.

Love the Ford Fusion!!
By Gingout on 09/30/09 19:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned the car for 2 months (3000 miles) and love it. The car is quiet, tight, comfortable and easy to drive which makes my morning commute in the Washington DC area decent. I am averaging 41.5 mpg with 60% highway and 40% city which is better than the combined 38 that is advertised. I have actually obtained as high as 58.9 mpg on some drives. Great car and highly recommended.

Goodbye Honda CRV-Hello Ford Fusion!
By Plattsburgher on 09/25/09 18:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is the real deal. After 3,000 miles we have been averaging 39mpg, mostly highway driving. With very little effort, I have been able to achieve 45-47mpg on 40 mph roads. Quality, Economy, Technology, this is a car that FMC should be proud to build! I hope to see more hybrids offered from Ford in the near future. I haven't missed my 2005 CRV for a minute!

Great Looks, Fun, 44+ MPG
By Craig from CT on 09/21/09 17:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is an excellent car. In mostly highway driving I get over 44 mpg. Around town I get closer to 50 mpg. If you drive smartly you can do much better than the 41/36 mpg advertised. The interior is modern in appearance, layed out very well, and is very comfortable. Exterior styling is sharp, many people think this is a luxury badged vehicle. The fit up and assembly are top notch. It's been over 10 years since I've purchased a Ford and so far this car has far exceeded my expectations.

Excellent car
By bobsorel on 09/17/09 14:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I thought that I'd never buy another American car, as the build quality has been lacking. I wanted to take advantage of the clunkers program, but waited until the last weekend to make up my mind. I was pretty sure that we'd like the Prius as several friends love theirs. When we arrived at two Toyota dealers the lots were cleaned out and no Priuses anywhere in 100 miles. No Civic hybrids either. I'd read great reviews on the Fusion so decided to check it out. I was immediately impressed. This is a GREAT car. Terrific build quality, very solid and stable. Average 38.5 mpg even with a 10 mi. climb to our home. A 49.9 mi. trip on cruise at 72 mph gave 48.9 mpg. We're happy that we bought it.

I Bought a What?!?!
By saulio on 09/15/09 19:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchase was seamless. Had X-Plan thru son so price was great! Just finished first tank and the numbers don't lie: 15.846 gallons, 613.6 miles (about half/half city/hw), 38.8 on computer, 38.72 by my numbers. Much better than EPA in city, about EPA on HW. I drive pretty hard and still learning about Hybrid but mileage is a relief. Got the 502A package, White bc of sons (this generation LOVES white?!?!). Real beauty is that it drives like a sedan. I have owned Hondas for the last six years and I could not believe this is a Ford. Comfortable, QUIET inside and out, sits High, SONY Sound System ROCKS (according to sons). So not only am I happy but my sons think I'm cool again--PRICELESS!!!

It's a great Ford
By Mike on 09/12/09 20:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My first Ford in 40 years of buying cars. I am getting 34 MPG on short trips of 3 miles or less. 44 MPG on local trips on roads with 25-55MPH speed limits. Performance is surprisingly good with no problems merging etc. Interior is very comfortable and convenient. Leather heated power adjustable seats are worth the added cost. Voice activated navigation with back up camera (should be standard like air bags on all cars for safety) and screen display features is worth the money as well. Car suspension and handling makes driving enjoyable and close to sporty. These Hybrids are eligible for a 1700 federal tax credit too.