Used 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (155 reviews )

Couldn't Be More Pleased
By David

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My first American car since 1981, and by far the most comfortable, enjoyable car I have ever owned. I have the 502 package (all the options). The gauges for the hybrid feature provide a feedback system to maximize gas mileage that is an OCD's dream come true. The Synch system, including voice-activation, jukebox, navigation screen features and sound quality, is simply awesome, and the transition between EV mode and gas engine imperceptably smooth. My only complaint is that the car is somewhat noisy at speeds exceeding 70 mph. New England winter gas mileage is only about 32 mpg, though in Spring I am now getting the full 38-40 mpg mix city and highway driving.

Synch system, including jukebox; instrument gauges with EV mode and fuel efficiency feedback; overall comfort and appearance of interior.

Driver seat position memory, quieter highway driving at top speeds.

Most Unreliable Car
By UnhappyCustomer

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have only had the car for 4 months and I have already had 3 trips to the shop. Trip 1) Check engine light came on. Faulty part needed to be replaced. Trip 2) Check Engine light came on. Computer needed to be recalibrated. Trip 3) The car SHUT DOWN on the middle of the highway. I had to pull over immediately as I had no power to the car. At least the car warned me to pull over safely s soon as possible. The best part is I was able to reboot it like my computer and it worked. Another part replaced. The last ford I owned needed a new transmission practically out of the gate. Just don't buy a FORD. Especially not a Fusion Hybrid. It just isn't safe in my opinion

I loved the car until all the problems. None of the good features matter when the car spends more time in the shop than my driveway

make it more reliable

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
By Noel

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was waiting for a hybrid that really had it all, and the FFH has it in spades. This car is plenty fast, very quiet, comfortable, corners well, has plenty of useful amenities, a wonderful Sony sound system & MS Sync, 3 yr of free voice navigation (in the non Nav equipped model), Sirius radio, many nice safety and monitoring systems, a decent size trunk and has been flawless since purchase. The car goes into electric only mode easily, and can sustain speeds of 46 mph until moving into gas engine mode. I average 41.5 mpg year round (40.3-43.6, season dependent), and live in a hilly area of Northern California. The car is a true 10 of 10.

Quiet, efficient, amenities, ride. Electric A/C is very nice--you can stop the car and run it during the hot weather if you want. Too many nice features to mention. The Sony sound sytem is magnificent. I love the USB port--have tons of podcasts to pass the time while on longer trips.

I don't like the front grill--too gaudy for my tastes. The rest of the styling is quite nice however.

46.6 MPG and climbing!
By EnergyMoron

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is amazing With 2500 miles on the car I am getting 46.6 MPG since we bought the car (the long term mileage meter is 45.9 since there was some mileage already @13 MPG). My goal is 50 MPG going on I-10 and I-610 to work 20 miles each way each day and I make the goal most days. I have learned to drive the car now so that 55 MPG runs are not uncommon and best is 58.5 MPG. Performance of course depends upon driving style and there are tricks one learns. Learned a lot by talking at the mileage teams at the Shell eco- marathon (where 1000 MPG is sort of the norm). Unbelievable that a car that big (we have 3 kids) can do this

The car is BIG for a family of 5. Unintended while buying it, but the moonroof really helps in cutting AC use.

Get rid of the leather seat option (how ungreen; we had to take it). Also the green leaves default mileage is worthless and the bar chart should be the default.

Best hybrid availible today
By thrilled owner

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

outstanding in every regard. i went from a twin turbo BMW to a hybrid because I wanted to try something different. very nice ride and handles and performs well. The gas milege is amazing. after getting the car broke in ( after 6000 miles) I am getting 41 MPG in all around driving if i dont use the AC and am careful with trying to " hypermile" . I go almost 650 miles between fillups. If you drive it normal with the AC you get about 38 MPG. This car is really a "home run" I can't wait to the plug in version. The NAV and voice SYNCis very intuitive and easy to use.

hybrid fuel economy and comfort performance

MEMORY SEATS!!