Used 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (153 reviews )

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
By Noel

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was waiting for a hybrid that really had it all, and the FFH has it in spades. This car is plenty fast, very quiet, comfortable, corners well, has plenty of useful amenities, a wonderful Sony sound system & MS Sync, 3 yr of free voice navigation (in the non Nav equipped model), Sirius radio, many nice safety and monitoring systems, a decent size trunk and has been flawless since purchase. The car goes into electric only mode easily, and can sustain speeds of 46 mph until moving into gas engine mode. I average 41.5 mpg year round (40.3-43.6, season dependent), and live in a hilly area of Northern California. The car is a true 10 of 10.

Quiet, efficient, amenities, ride. Electric A/C is very nice--you can stop the car and run it during the hot weather if you want. Too many nice features to mention. The Sony sound sytem is magnificent. I love the USB port--have tons of podcasts to pass the time while on longer trips.

I don't like the front grill--too gaudy for my tastes. The rest of the styling is quite nice however.

46.6 MPG and climbing!
By EnergyMoron

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is amazing With 2500 miles on the car I am getting 46.6 MPG since we bought the car (the long term mileage meter is 45.9 since there was some mileage already @13 MPG). My goal is 50 MPG going on I-10 and I-610 to work 20 miles each way each day and I make the goal most days. I have learned to drive the car now so that 55 MPG runs are not uncommon and best is 58.5 MPG. Performance of course depends upon driving style and there are tricks one learns. Learned a lot by talking at the mileage teams at the Shell eco- marathon (where 1000 MPG is sort of the norm). Unbelievable that a car that big (we have 3 kids) can do this

The car is BIG for a family of 5. Unintended while buying it, but the moonroof really helps in cutting AC use.

Get rid of the leather seat option (how ungreen; we had to take it). Also the green leaves default mileage is worthless and the bar chart should be the default.

Best hybrid availible today
By thrilled owner

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

outstanding in every regard. i went from a twin turbo BMW to a hybrid because I wanted to try something different. very nice ride and handles and performs well. The gas milege is amazing. after getting the car broke in ( after 6000 miles) I am getting 41 MPG in all around driving if i dont use the AC and am careful with trying to " hypermile" . I go almost 650 miles between fillups. If you drive it normal with the AC you get about 38 MPG. This car is really a "home run" I can't wait to the plug in version. The NAV and voice SYNCis very intuitive and easy to use.

hybrid fuel economy and comfort performance

MEMORY SEATS!!

Buy It As a Great Car Not Just a Hybrid
By Hero26

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Driven the car 10,000 miles in 7 months without a single hitch. Mileage averages almost exactly 40 MPG in largely city driving, but varies wildly from a low of 25 on cold, very hilly trips to a high of 70.0 on a flat to downhill trip on a warm day. The thing we did not expect about this car was the genius of its design and the fact that it just does everything very well to exceptionally well. Let people whine about having no gas cap. You really do have to search to find something not to like other than our rather lame dealer with his staff that "doesn't really believe in global warming." Just buy one already for the car itself even if you are a silly "non-believer" like the service guy.

Comfort, quiet, surprising drivability and overall quality. It's a solid car that just happens to be a wise decision for you and the environment.

Look to find a dealer with better trained sales staff than ours and a better organized service department. Would not change anything about the car.

Unhappy customer
By Unhappy customer

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Certain parts of this vehicle I love but at 2300 miles I already have my second service engine light on so back to the shop I go. I also don't like the complete and outright lie on the 41mpg. Fill the tank up and the estimated miles to empty is 535 miles. It is a 17 gallon tank. Do the math, that is only 31.5 miles per gallon. I do however get more than 31.5 mpg but seems dumb to say you get 41 mpg and then show you will only get 31.5 mpg after filling the tank. Maybe I just got a lemon but not happy that I am going back to service AGAIN! EV mode can work up to 47mph but only at coasting speeds. Put one small hill in the way and it is gone.

Still gets a good mileage for the size of the vehicle. Love the synch with the voice commands. BLIS is really cool and the kids love the ambient lighting.

Wish I didn't have to use my key to start the car like the Taurus. Also wish I had power mirrors and memory seats.