Used 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (155 reviews )

Best hybrid on the market
By Eric

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've driven the Prius, the new Lexus, the Highlander, and the Civic Hybrid. In terms of ride quality and performance, none of the other hybrids are as good. The transition from electric to gas is seamless, the vehicle handles well, and accelerates quickly and quietly. I'm getting 40 mpg on average, and I drive aggressively. Consumer Reports data now overwhelmingly confirms top reliability for this car, and I know a number of other people who own them. I am very suspicious of the below reviews regarding reliability problems. Are these Honda and Toyota employees?

Styling, electric to gas transition, performance, and tech features.

Not a fan of the wheels or low positioned climate control settings.

Love it!
By krennis

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my Fusion for 3 months now and love it! I'm averaging 39.9 miles per gallon and that's a combo of back roads and highway. It's comfortable, handles well, and doesn't feel any less powerful than a gas powered car when merging or passing on the highway. I was a bit intimidated by all the technology at first but once I know how to use it - it's great and my passengers are always impressed. I don't regret my decision to trade in my Honda for this car at all!

Quiet, back up cameras, sync, and roominess. I also enjoy driving by gas stations.

memory on driver's seat. Black cloth interior shows a lot of lint and cat hair - and my cats don't ever get in my car.

Poor Gas mileage
By Jack

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my 2010 Fusion Hybrid for 6 months and only get 31 mpg city/hwy. From everything I read I'm one of the very people owners that is getting this low of mileage! Dealer said that because I drive a short distance around town, that is what I will expect. I have driven 60 mi. plus and still can't get over 31 mpg. Ford advertised with city driving, you would expect the best gas mileage, not mine! I have talked to Ford Corp. and depending who you talk to I've gotten contradicting explanations. This is my only complaint with the car, but I bought it thinking I would get much better gas mileage, like reported. I can't imagine if I drove in cold weather what I would get.

I like the style, interior, backup sensor and how roomy it is.

Be realistic about the 36/41 mpg to your car buyers!

Great But...
By RoughRider

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have had the car about a month and a half. For the size of vehicle it gets good mileage. Traded in a Highlander Hybrid. Seems to be a fairly well designed vehicle. The back up camera is far superior to the Toyota and the BLIS system is great. For all the wonderful features about this car, it rides like a tank. Took a trip from Portland to Seattle and back. By the time we got home, my wife and I felt beat to death. Have discussed ride issue with Dealer and FMCO, but apparently that is the way the car is designed. You can tell this is a 4 cyl. engine, but with the electric assist it still moves.

Instrumentation, helps challenge me to see how efficient I can drive. Like the short drive mileage information. Got 70.4 MPG on one short drive. Love the sync system, especially the phone link. Backup camera and BLIS system.

Give the car a smoother ride. Memory drivers seat. Put more padding in the seats.

Ford Quality still BAD
By Jane Roe

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car has been a nightmare, its been in the shop more than I've driven it. Traded my 2001 Honda Civic for this troublesome crap. Going to try to get it classified as a lemon and buying a Honda when I get my money back.

None