2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (153 reviews )
Great Car
By Chad on 11/23/09 15:38 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I read every review of this car before I purchased. This car feels like a luxury car with the NAV system, leather seats, etc. It is fun to drive and I get a lot of rave reviews from passengers. I am in the real estate business so the NAV system is a great benefit to me. I like the voice activation feature as well.

Great Car, high tech fun all around
By Howie on 11/22/09 12:00 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I recently traded in my G6 Hardtop Convertible for a 2010 FFH. My G6 while fun to drive when the top was down was getting an average of 15 mpg. This is the first Ford car I've ever owned and I'm really impressed. The car was a bit more expensive then I hoped, but all Hybrid seems to carry a hefty premium. And there is little to no incentives on them. I just made my first fill up and it was at 560 miles. Was averaging about 36-39 mpg. The fuel gauge is a little misleading. The tank holds 17.5 gallons, but the car list empty at 15 gallons. So you do have a nice reserve, though I wish it was a little more descriptive. Overall its a very fun and semi sporty sedan.

Simply Amazing
By Dave on 11/17/09 15:20 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm very fussy and hard to please technically (and not often given to spending the time to write these things). But after 800 miles I am very impressed with this vehicle. The technology in the 2010 Fusion Hybrid is simply amazing and I'm happy with my decision. (Did I mention I was impressed?) Ford build quality has significantly improved since my last Ford. I heartily recommend this vehicle. (If you're near Columbus OH, go see Mathews Ford in Newark - they were very accommodating.)

Amazing Car
By Brad on 11/13/09 09:36 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We purchased the 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid in September 2009. We've been a Honda family since 1991 and were initially leaning toward a 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. The Honda dealership was across the street from Ford so we decided to check out the Fusion Hybrid since we heard it was nice car. Once we drove it we were sold. Great ride--super handling, quiet, solid feel. The biggest advantages over the Accord were the high tech features. The navigation system, SYNC, and blind spot awareness system are fantastic and either weren't offered or simply were nicer than Hondas. Mileage has come in at 38.5 so far in combined driving. I'm really impressed by Ford now. Amazing car...

Best of all
By ChewToy on 11/08/09 08:04 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded my Prius for this car because the Fusion is so superior. It's more comfortable, quieter, better looking, the radio is better, it gets better mileage and is just plain more fun. Bottom line, you can't go wrong here. Dump your existing hybrid and get the fusion. For sure.

3,500 miles - ENGINE WON'T START
By Fusion_Disappoints on 10/30/09 19:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Loved this car for exactly 2 months. First new car in 10 years and loved all the upgraded accessories - navigation, SYNC, smart gages. Was averaging >40 mpg combined. One day, it just would not start (the green light wouldn't come on). All other lights were on but the engine would not start. As of today, it's been in the Ford service shop for 30 days! They cannot figure out what is wrong. It's incredible that Ford would put this car on the market with this type of hidden defect and without having service mechanics (including corporate mechanical and hybrid experts) able to diagnose the problem. Ford customer service has been unresponsive. Buyers beware of the Ford Fusion Hybrid.

Blends Economy, Performance, and Luxury!
By HiCarGeek on 10/22/09 03:41 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

3 mos, 1200 mi. My commute is 12 mi, 50 mph freeway in AM (44 mpg) and stop/go gridlock in PM(39 mpg). Short errands bring my average down to 40 mpg. Headlights nice and bright, with good distance and cutoff. Love the standard features - pwr pass seat, electrochromic rear view mirror, 6 CD changer, reverse alarm, driver's lumbar support, alloy wheels with Michelin MXV4 S8s, dual zone A/C, vehicle speed sensistive wipers. Considered G37 Journey (needs premium, too small inside), Genesis V6 (no dealer discount, given $1000 rebate). Still have other car (Camry LE V6). Absolutely happy with my decision on a balanced price/performance/life cycle cost/quality/reliability/USA company basis.

just change the rear-view mirror
By brucebrecher on 10/21/09 15:21 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

great car; I am averaging about 39.5 mpg for the first 540 miles. I love the blis lights on the side view mirrors that tells the me that someone is in my blind spot. Only 2 minor complaints;first the rear view mirror is too low on the windshield-taking away from my front vision and there are too many buttons on the dash-should have used dials. Overall a great car, but a bit on the expensive side and could use a drop more power.

Great car
By Jim on 10/19/09 16:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have driven about 1,800 miles so far. Love the car. Getting 38.4 mpg combo surburban and highway driving. Friends are in awe- no sense when you drive its a hybrid. Love the leaves to give you guidance how to improve milage. Simply great handling. First Ford I have owned and I am very impressed. Liked it a lot better for comfort than Prius I tried.

BEST CAR EVER!!
By amerck245 on 10/19/09 10:04 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought this car in August '09 and it was the best decision I've ever made. This car is amazing. It is so technologically advanced that it is a total surprise it was made by Ford. I've owned a 2005 BMW 525i and my wife drives a 2008 Acura TL and this car beats them both, hands down. The ride is so smooth and in my opinion it feels like it's gliding over the road. The look and feel inside and out is of a luxury car that costs 15K to 20K more. Everywhere I go people ask me questions and most of them always say the same thing: "Ford makes this?" And not to mention the fuel savings! I commute 100 miles to work each day, and went from filling up 3 times a week to 1.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid in VA is:

$125 per month*