Used 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion-hybrid - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (153 reviews )

Poor Gas mileage
By Jack

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my 2010 Fusion Hybrid for 6 months and only get 31 mpg city/hwy. From everything I read I'm one of the very people owners that is getting this low of mileage! Dealer said that because I drive a short distance around town, that is what I will expect. I have driven 60 mi. plus and still can't get over 31 mpg. Ford advertised with city driving, you would expect the best gas mileage, not mine! I have talked to Ford Corp. and depending who you talk to I've gotten contradicting explanations. This is my only complaint with the car, but I bought it thinking I would get much better gas mileage, like reported. I can't imagine if I drove in cold weather what I would get.

Favorite Features

I like the style, interior, backup sensor and how roomy it is.

Suggested Improvements

Be realistic about the 36/41 mpg to your car buyers!

Great But...
By RoughRider

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have had the car about a month and a half. For the size of vehicle it gets good mileage. Traded in a Highlander Hybrid. Seems to be a fairly well designed vehicle. The back up camera is far superior to the Toyota and the BLIS system is great. For all the wonderful features about this car, it rides like a tank. Took a trip from Portland to Seattle and back. By the time we got home, my wife and I felt beat to death. Have discussed ride issue with Dealer and FMCO, but apparently that is the way the car is designed. You can tell this is a 4 cyl. engine, but with the electric assist it still moves.

Favorite Features

Instrumentation, helps challenge me to see how efficient I can drive. Like the short drive mileage information. Got 70.4 MPG on one short drive. Love the sync system, especially the phone link. Backup camera and BLIS system.

Suggested Improvements

Give the car a smoother ride. Memory drivers seat. Put more padding in the seats.

Ford Quality still BAD
By Jane Roe

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car has been a nightmare, its been in the shop more than I've driven it. Traded my 2001 Honda Civic for this troublesome crap. Going to try to get it classified as a lemon and buying a Honda when I get my money back.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Better QUAILTY...

Couldn't Be More Pleased
By David

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My first American car since 1981, and by far the most comfortable, enjoyable car I have ever owned. I have the 502 package (all the options). The gauges for the hybrid feature provide a feedback system to maximize gas mileage that is an OCD's dream come true. The Synch system, including voice-activation, jukebox, navigation screen features and sound quality, is simply awesome, and the transition between EV mode and gas engine imperceptably smooth. My only complaint is that the car is somewhat noisy at speeds exceeding 70 mph. New England winter gas mileage is only about 32 mpg, though in Spring I am now getting the full 38-40 mpg mix city and highway driving.

Favorite Features

Synch system, including jukebox; instrument gauges with EV mode and fuel efficiency feedback; overall comfort and appearance of interior.

Suggested Improvements

Driver seat position memory, quieter highway driving at top speeds.

Most Unreliable Car
By UnhappyCustomer

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have only had the car for 4 months and I have already had 3 trips to the shop. Trip 1) Check engine light came on. Faulty part needed to be replaced. Trip 2) Check Engine light came on. Computer needed to be recalibrated. Trip 3) The car SHUT DOWN on the middle of the highway. I had to pull over immediately as I had no power to the car. At least the car warned me to pull over safely s soon as possible. The best part is I was able to reboot it like my computer and it worked. Another part replaced. The last ford I owned needed a new transmission practically out of the gate. Just don't buy a FORD. Especially not a Fusion Hybrid. It just isn't safe in my opinion

Favorite Features

I loved the car until all the problems. None of the good features matter when the car spends more time in the shop than my driveway

Suggested Improvements

make it more reliable