Used 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (153 reviews )
Great Car But...
By taxdoc on 01/30/10 22:42 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love the car. Sync has a lot of issues with smartphones. Doesn't do all that it is suppose to. The seats have very little support and I am seriously considering replacing them with Recaro seats.

Love My Fusion Hybrid
By Alan on 01/27/10 22:14 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I wanted to own a hybrid to be more green and ended up choosing the Fusion because you get so much more car and features for the money than the Prius, Insight or Lexus H250H. My previous car was a BMW 5 Series and I expected to have to give up a lot of features and comforts but the opposite turned out to be true! I love the elec. instrument cluster, BLUR, rear camera, great nav system with Sirius. But the coolest thing is cruising in all-electric mode when driving through the neighborhood and in parking lots. The 2.5L engine gives me enough power if I want it and the CVT gives you a really smooth driving experience. Fun to drive and low carbon emissions. Good job Ford!

Better than advertised/expected!
By Fred Austin on 01/19/10 11:03 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Vehicle is entertaining and exciting to drive. Looks like a real car, not a Jetson's car (Prius)! Absolutely high tech with all the gizmos anyone would want. Performance on the road is remarkable for a 4-cylinder engine. Fuel mileage is terrific even when driven as a non-hybrid car. Gets lots of attention. Vehicle will run 70++++++ MPH all day long delivering gas mileage in the high 30's. Very comfortable seats. Just a terrific car. When America builds a car like this, why would anyone buy an import? Great job Ford.

Pleased with performance so far...
By deserthybrid on 01/02/10 07:28 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Being skeptical of Ford quality after a bad experience with a 2002 model, I have been plesantly surprised by the overall performance as well as the fit & finish on this vehicle. CVT is new for me, but the engine has the torque to accellerate fairly quickly. Love the SYNC system although it is not flawless. Sound system is solid and interior finishes, although not mind blowing, have a nice high quality feel to them. The Hybrid drive is smooth and switches from gas to electric mode seamlessly. Definitely very pleased both with the driving experience and at the pump after putting 5,000 miles on it. Highly recommend this vehicle to anyone considering a hybrid. BY the way, the Prius is UGLY

Love It
By JimS on 01/01/10 15:44 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Excellent quality. Smooth ride. Enjoy the Sync system. Great mileage. Still learning about all the neat features in the Sync system and the Sirius travel link system.

6000+ mile review update-
By Uncleserg on 12/29/09 00:07 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

First off Ford has a winner here. The car is super solid, no interior rattles/noise and extremely comfortable ride. The interior is quiet and the car ride is smooth. Ford did not go cheap on the materials or the construction of the car. The leather sits are very soft/comfortable. So far very impressed w/this car. My strt mpg has avg high 41/43 and on hwy itís been around 40/41 mpg. On short 3 mile drives Iíve gotten the occasional 55+ mpg ride. Those donít happen often but when they do itís an awesome feeling. One last note the mileage Iíve been getting on a tank fluctuates between 615 to 675 total miles and I still have less then 1/4 of a tank. Key to good mpg is having car battery charged.

Not a cold weather car
By Bill on 12/22/09 15:17 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very happy overall but this car got 40 mpg (real, not dash estimate)in warm weather, but only get 35 in cold weather. Mixed highway and city driving. If you opt for comfort and features, this is a great car. If you are out for high mileage, buy a Prius.

I'm In Love
By Paula on 12/05/09 04:04 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Less than a week of ownership but this is an amazing car! Was amazed by the quality and handling of this car and Eric Flores at the dealer was fantastic. I've already written a letter to Alan Mullaly! Was not looking for a hybrid, but am averaging 39+ ON THE FREEWAY! This car replaced a 2000 Toyota RAV4 with 241,000 miles. Toyota didn't even come close as a replacement consideration. Tested Chevy Equinox, Malibu, Toyota Camry, Corolla, Matrix, RAV 4 and Prius, Nissan Altima, Maxima and CUBE and Honda Civic, Insight and Accord. Ford blew them all away. You've to drive this car!

Great Car!
By Jim M. on 11/24/09 04:22 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am about to reach the 2,000 mile mark on my Fusion Hybrid and I'm very impressed! I drive 2008 Camry Hybrids at work and this car beats the Camry in several areas. The CVT trans is amazing and the car is a pleasure to drive. I love the smooth quiet ride with the sure-footed handling of a performance vehicle. The standard six speaker, six-disc sound system is very nice and I have come to LOVE the Sirius Satelite Radio. I coummute 110 miles per day and average 38 mpg which is oustanding for a vehicle of this size and comfort level. - not to mention the high average freeway speeds of about 75 mph. Ford has really come up with a winner with the Fusion Hybrid.

Absolutely fantastic car.
By Norman R. on 11/23/09 19:46 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is one of the best I've had. I absolutely love SYNC! I've gotten up to 50 mpg in city driving! Great job Ford - an almost flawless car.