2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (150 reviews )
Pleased with performance so far...
By deserthybrid on 01/02/10 07:28 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Being skeptical of Ford quality after a bad experience with a 2002 model, I have been plesantly surprised by the overall performance as well as the fit & finish on this vehicle. CVT is new for me, but the engine has the torque to accellerate fairly quickly. Love the SYNC system although it is not flawless. Sound system is solid and interior finishes, although not mind blowing, have a nice high quality feel to them. The Hybrid drive is smooth and switches from gas to electric mode seamlessly. Definitely very pleased both with the driving experience and at the pump after putting 5,000 miles on it. Highly recommend this vehicle to anyone considering a hybrid. BY the way, the Prius is UGLY

Love It
By JimS on 01/01/10 15:44 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Excellent quality. Smooth ride. Enjoy the Sync system. Great mileage. Still learning about all the neat features in the Sync system and the Sirius travel link system.

6000+ mile review update-
By Uncleserg on 12/29/09 00:07 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

First off Ford has a winner here. The car is super solid, no interior rattles/noise and extremely comfortable ride. The interior is quiet and the car ride is smooth. Ford did not go cheap on the materials or the construction of the car. The leather sits are very soft/comfortable. So far very impressed w/this car. My strt mpg has avg high 41/43 and on hwy it’s been around 40/41 mpg. On short 3 mile drives I’ve gotten the occasional 55+ mpg ride. Those don’t happen often but when they do it’s an awesome feeling. One last note the mileage I’ve been getting on a tank fluctuates between 615 to 675 total miles and I still have less then 1/4 of a tank. Key to good mpg is having car battery charged.

Not a cold weather car
By Bill on 12/22/09 15:17 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very happy overall but this car got 40 mpg (real, not dash estimate)in warm weather, but only get 35 in cold weather. Mixed highway and city driving. If you opt for comfort and features, this is a great car. If you are out for high mileage, buy a Prius.

I'm In Love
By Paula on 12/05/09 04:04 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Less than a week of ownership but this is an amazing car! Was amazed by the quality and handling of this car and Eric Flores at the dealer was fantastic. I've already written a letter to Alan Mullaly! Was not looking for a hybrid, but am averaging 39+ ON THE FREEWAY! This car replaced a 2000 Toyota RAV4 with 241,000 miles. Toyota didn't even come close as a replacement consideration. Tested Chevy Equinox, Malibu, Toyota Camry, Corolla, Matrix, RAV 4 and Prius, Nissan Altima, Maxima and CUBE and Honda Civic, Insight and Accord. Ford blew them all away. You've to drive this car!

Great Car!
By Jim M. on 11/24/09 04:22 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am about to reach the 2,000 mile mark on my Fusion Hybrid and I'm very impressed! I drive 2008 Camry Hybrids at work and this car beats the Camry in several areas. The CVT trans is amazing and the car is a pleasure to drive. I love the smooth quiet ride with the sure-footed handling of a performance vehicle. The standard six speaker, six-disc sound system is very nice and I have come to LOVE the Sirius Satelite Radio. I coummute 110 miles per day and average 38 mpg which is oustanding for a vehicle of this size and comfort level. - not to mention the high average freeway speeds of about 75 mph. Ford has really come up with a winner with the Fusion Hybrid.

Absolutely fantastic car.
By Norman R. on 11/23/09 19:46 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is one of the best I've had. I absolutely love SYNC! I've gotten up to 50 mpg in city driving! Great job Ford - an almost flawless car.

Great Car
By Chad on 11/23/09 15:38 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I read every review of this car before I purchased. This car feels like a luxury car with the NAV system, leather seats, etc. It is fun to drive and I get a lot of rave reviews from passengers. I am in the real estate business so the NAV system is a great benefit to me. I like the voice activation feature as well.

Great Car, high tech fun all around
By Howie on 11/22/09 12:00 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I recently traded in my G6 Hardtop Convertible for a 2010 FFH. My G6 while fun to drive when the top was down was getting an average of 15 mpg. This is the first Ford car I've ever owned and I'm really impressed. The car was a bit more expensive then I hoped, but all Hybrid seems to carry a hefty premium. And there is little to no incentives on them. I just made my first fill up and it was at 560 miles. Was averaging about 36-39 mpg. The fuel gauge is a little misleading. The tank holds 17.5 gallons, but the car list empty at 15 gallons. So you do have a nice reserve, though I wish it was a little more descriptive. Overall its a very fun and semi sporty sedan.

Simply Amazing
By Dave on 11/17/09 15:20 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm very fussy and hard to please technically (and not often given to spending the time to write these things). But after 800 miles I am very impressed with this vehicle. The technology in the 2010 Fusion Hybrid is simply amazing and I'm happy with my decision. (Did I mention I was impressed?) Ford build quality has significantly improved since my last Ford. I heartily recommend this vehicle. (If you're near Columbus OH, go see Mathews Ford in Newark - they were very accommodating.)

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid in NJ is:

$212 per month*