2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (150 reviews )
Happy Hybrid Owner
By JT on 03/26/10 08:14 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Got the metallic green with tan interior which has received lots of compliments. Just went over 1K miles and had one issue with an engine light that came on to which there was no trouble found and it hasn't returned over the last 500 miles. Took a ride with an SEL V6 first and it had nice zip. Took out the hybrid right afterward though and it rode so much smoother. I had a V6 Honda 6 speed coupe prior to this car and don't miss it at all. Sync is flawless and the whole NAV display is way sharper. Am getting between 35-36 mpg with a fairly hilly terrain and maybe 60/40 highway/city driving. Would recommend this car to anyone. Its a real winner.

Road Warrior's Friend, Indeed
By BB on 03/25/10 13:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Comfortable (I am 6'3" 220). Adults fit in back seat. As for mileage, I did get 700 miles on one tank around town, plotting routes like Patton and driving like a snail. Generally, Driving not so slow as to be a speed bump but not like speed racer, I get 42 around town. As for Highway, it gets considerably better mileage at 65 than at 75 (yes, legal in some states). 65mph avg highway is around 37 mpg. 75 mph avg highway is around 33 mpg. 55 mph avg highway is around 39 mpg. Got the $3400 tax credit so initial additional cost of Hybrid model was a wash. In 40,000 miles, I have saved more than 500 gallons of gas ($1300) over a car which gets 25mpg. Service at 10,000 mile intervals is nice.

What a surprise, this Ford Car
By Raghu Chary on 03/22/10 08:07 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought this car a couple of days ago. Was looking for a mid-sized Hybrid and there were really only 2 options, Camry and Fusion. Altimas is not available in VA. Tested Camry (fully loaded - nav/leather) first, was extremely disappointed. Bad drive (shudders),cheap interior,lousy console and would connect iphone (for music) in only Aeroplane mode! Seating felt very odd, felt driver seat was high, like driving a SUV. Still decided to buy (must buy a Hybrid), but also decided to check out Fusion. Went to the dealer and in 2 minutes I knew I wanted to buy this car. Much better drive, great interior, great nav and audio, a lot of small extras (check out the bliss). Congrats Ford. You did it!

The best American Car on the Road
By Andrew on 03/15/10 14:02 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Yes, I know it's made in Mexico, but this is a home run for Ford. I get 600 miles a tank in town. I live in a part of the country that can be flat for the most part and this definitely helps MPG as I can coast quite a bit. This thing flat out rolls! It has no engine braking down hills so it can take off like a soap box derby racer. The SYNC system works flawlessly with my iPhone. Sound quality is great from the Sony speakers. I can't complain about anything so far other than a little bit of yearning for a better seat. Very satisfied with the purchase.

Not up to 700 mi per tank
By Richard A. on 02/28/10 20:42 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I like the ride of the car, it's very comfortable. I'm 6'3 and have plenty of room. I think the commercial touting "up to 700" per tank is hype. I've never approached that, and I drive like a grandpa according to my friends. My city driving usually averages in the 38mpg for a high. In very cold weather it went down significantly.

I might just have a lemon
By Oldschool1962 on 02/15/10 19:30 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Started out very positive about the purchase. Have had Instrument cluster glitches, Sound system issues and several regenerative and hydraulic braking issues. Even after the "customer service enhancement" system reprogram last week. When the car is functiong properly (what I was sold) it's great but when the computers have issues everything suffers. Big worry is the current braking issue. They have a mind of their own when it comes to pedal pressure and actual braking of the vehicle. Brakes actually garb without warning. Tech line has shrugged off things as normal adn dealership is doing what they can but their hands are tied at the moment. Service manager is trying to do what he can.

Love My 2010 Fusion Hybrid
By roller joe on 02/04/10 17:00 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My previous vehicle was an Acura, This car is alot more fun to drive, and gets me 38 to 45 mpg day all the time. I only wish the re3ar seat folded, but that was the only place ford could fit the Hybrid battery! I would recommend this car to anyone who drives alot. It is like no American ever built!

Great Car But...
By taxdoc on 01/30/10 22:42 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love the car. Sync has a lot of issues with smartphones. Doesn't do all that it is suppose to. The seats have very little support and I am seriously considering replacing them with Recaro seats.

Love My Fusion Hybrid
By Alan on 01/27/10 22:14 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I wanted to own a hybrid to be more green and ended up choosing the Fusion because you get so much more car and features for the money than the Prius, Insight or Lexus H250H. My previous car was a BMW 5 Series and I expected to have to give up a lot of features and comforts but the opposite turned out to be true! I love the elec. instrument cluster, BLUR, rear camera, great nav system with Sirius. But the coolest thing is cruising in all-electric mode when driving through the neighborhood and in parking lots. The 2.5L engine gives me enough power if I want it and the CVT gives you a really smooth driving experience. Fun to drive and low carbon emissions. Good job Ford!

Better than advertised/expected!
By Fred Austin on 01/19/10 11:03 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Vehicle is entertaining and exciting to drive. Looks like a real car, not a Jetson's car (Prius)! Absolutely high tech with all the gizmos anyone would want. Performance on the road is remarkable for a 4-cylinder engine. Fuel mileage is terrific even when driven as a non-hybrid car. Gets lots of attention. Vehicle will run 70++++++ MPH all day long delivering gas mileage in the high 30's. Very comfortable seats. Just a terrific car. When America builds a car like this, why would anyone buy an import? Great job Ford.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan in VA is:

$124 per month*