2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (150 reviews )
Couldn't Be More Pleased
By David on 05/15/10 09:38 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My first American car since 1981, and by far the most comfortable, enjoyable car I have ever owned. I have the 502 package (all the options). The gauges for the hybrid feature provide a feedback system to maximize gas mileage that is an OCD's dream come true. The Synch system, including voice-activation, jukebox, navigation screen features and sound quality, is simply awesome, and the transition between EV mode and gas engine imperceptably smooth. My only complaint is that the car is somewhat noisy at speeds exceeding 70 mph. New England winter gas mileage is only about 32 mpg, though in Spring I am now getting the full 38-40 mpg mix city and highway driving.

Most Unreliable Car
By UnhappyCustomer on 05/06/10 18:17 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have only had the car for 4 months and I have already had 3 trips to the shop. Trip 1) Check engine light came on. Faulty part needed to be replaced. Trip 2) Check Engine light came on. Computer needed to be recalibrated. Trip 3) The car SHUT DOWN on the middle of the highway. I had to pull over immediately as I had no power to the car. At least the car warned me to pull over safely s soon as possible. The best part is I was able to reboot it like my computer and it worked. Another part replaced. The last ford I owned needed a new transmission practically out of the gate. Just don't buy a FORD. Especially not a Fusion Hybrid. It just isn't safe in my opinion

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
By Noel on 04/30/10 19:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was waiting for a hybrid that really had it all, and the FFH has it in spades. This car is plenty fast, very quiet, comfortable, corners well, has plenty of useful amenities, a wonderful Sony sound system & MS Sync, 3 yr of free voice navigation (in the non Nav equipped model), Sirius radio, many nice safety and monitoring systems, a decent size trunk and has been flawless since purchase. The car goes into electric only mode easily, and can sustain speeds of 46 mph until moving into gas engine mode. I average 41.5 mpg year round (40.3-43.6, season dependent), and live in a hilly area of Northern California. The car is a true 10 of 10.

46.6 MPG and climbing!
By EnergyMoron on 04/29/10 10:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is amazing With 2500 miles on the car I am getting 46.6 MPG since we bought the car (the long term mileage meter is 45.9 since there was some mileage already @13 MPG). My goal is 50 MPG going on I-10 and I-610 to work 20 miles each way each day and I make the goal most days. I have learned to drive the car now so that 55 MPG runs are not uncommon and best is 58.5 MPG. Performance of course depends upon driving style and there are tricks one learns. Learned a lot by talking at the mileage teams at the Shell eco- marathon (where 1000 MPG is sort of the norm). Unbelievable that a car that big (we have 3 kids) can do this

Best hybrid availible today
By thrilled owner on 04/24/10 10:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

outstanding in every regard. i went from a twin turbo BMW to a hybrid because I wanted to try something different. very nice ride and handles and performs well. The gas milege is amazing. after getting the car broke in ( after 6000 miles) I am getting 41 MPG in all around driving if i dont use the AC and am careful with trying to " hypermile" . I go almost 650 miles between fillups. If you drive it normal with the AC you get about 38 MPG. This car is really a "home run" I can't wait to the plug in version. The NAV and voice SYNCis very intuitive and easy to use.

Buy It As a Great Car Not Just a Hybrid
By Hero26 on 04/17/10 15:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Driven the car 10,000 miles in 7 months without a single hitch. Mileage averages almost exactly 40 MPG in largely city driving, but varies wildly from a low of 25 on cold, very hilly trips to a high of 70.0 on a flat to downhill trip on a warm day. The thing we did not expect about this car was the genius of its design and the fact that it just does everything very well to exceptionally well. Let people whine about having no gas cap. You really do have to search to find something not to like other than our rather lame dealer with his staff that "doesn't really believe in global warming." Just buy one already for the car itself even if you are a silly "non-believer" like the service guy.

Unhappy customer
By Unhappy customer on 04/12/10 11:16 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Certain parts of this vehicle I love but at 2300 miles I already have my second service engine light on so back to the shop I go. I also don't like the complete and outright lie on the 41mpg. Fill the tank up and the estimated miles to empty is 535 miles. It is a 17 gallon tank. Do the math, that is only 31.5 miles per gallon. I do however get more than 31.5 mpg but seems dumb to say you get 41 mpg and then show you will only get 31.5 mpg after filling the tank. Maybe I just got a lemon but not happy that I am going back to service AGAIN! EV mode can work up to 47mph but only at coasting speeds. Put one small hill in the way and it is gone.

Won't Start
By Disappointed on 04/10/10 07:45 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was super thrilled about the Ford Fusion Hybrid and fell in love with the car at the dealership...so many amenities for the price, and I wanted a green car. But, after just 5 month, one day my car would not start. It's been just shy of 2 months since, and the dealer is STILL trying to figure it out. Ford flew out an engineer this week to fix it. Beyond that, Ford has been completely unresponsive to my calls and letters. I've driven Ford vehicles for years, so this is a major disappointment.

Fun to Drive
By Jeff Freadich on 04/07/10 18:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Nice driving car with many options if that is the way you go. Handles great at any speed, will get off the line quickly, then let off and you will be electric if you're under 47 MPH. If you drive in City traffic or drive to work under 50 MPH this is the car. Went on a 3300 mile vacation average 37.5 mostly interstate speed 80+ with some site seeing driving.

Best Hybrid Sedan To Date
By John W. on 04/04/10 21:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I loved the sync system and the ipod sync. The built in navigation is great also. I used to fill up twice a week with my old car, now I only fill up the tank once a week. I would never buy a car without a back up camera now. It will help you get into those tight places in the city.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan in VA is:

$124 per month*