Used 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (157 reviews )

Extreme lack in lasting quality
By tylerfawkes

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My 2010 Fusion Hybrid is less than two years old and almost right from the start it has had bolts on the rear door latches corroded to the point it is a safety issue, an AC that doesn't blow air out of the vents(or makes a clicking sound), squeaky leather seats and most recently; a bad sensor and dead battery have cost me $800 in parts, labor, rentals and lost wages due to having to take it to the shop. I even have the premium ESP and this is what i have paid out of pocket. I drive conservatively, take my car to the dealership for all work and still, i have had all of these issues. Once again, this car is less than TWO years old. Ford isn't ready for the Hybrid market.

The backup camera has come in surprisingly handy. The blind splot indicators tend to have errors.

Improve quality as much as possible.

Poor Gas Mileage
By enternewid

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We were getting over 40 mpg the first 4 months we owned the car, then mileage dropped to 28 mpg with no change in driving habits.
Took it into Ford and they gave the song and dance that there are no error codes so they can't do any thing!
So much for auto mechanics being able to figure out a problem.
My guess would be a bad fuel injector or oxygen sensor being bad, but not enough to show a code.
I did put in some injector cleaner even though the owner manual says not to.
This actually helped and increased the mileage to about 32 mpg average. BFD I can be driving on the straight and level and the MPG gauge bounces up and down for no reason.
After buying a new Mustang in 1988 and having injector problems that Ford refused to fix, I told myself I would never buy another Ford.
Well I was stupid and bought one anyway.

Nice Car but doesn't live up to advertised gas mileage. I can buy a straight gas powered car that gets better milage!

I'm in Love
By wijim

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I took delivery on my Fusion Hybrid Thursday and set out on a road trip on Saturday.
I love everything about this car.
You won't experience BMW type fun, but if you want a comfortable, poised and compliant ride with amazing gas mileage this is the car for you!

I got 37.0 MPG on my first tank (105 miles city, 440 miles Interstate).
I got 33.0 MPG on my all Interstate return trip.
And I understand that I can expect better in warm weather.
(I travelled on Feb. 9 - 10.)

The interior is extremely comfortable and SYNC is cool beyond belief.
I'm so glad I didn't go for the Chevy just because of On-Star!
SYNC out-performs On-Star.

Everyone who saw admired the styling.

I love SYNC! The drivetrain and the intrumentation are tremendous.

I haven't yet figured out how to attach my auxiliary to the stereo system. A little more clarity there would have helped.

White Platinum Tri-Coat Georgia Gem
By wilcox

Built in June 2010.
Bought 4 months later.
A high priced left-over.
Had everything for MSRP 33.4k.
Paid 29k(tax incl.)out the door, so gave it a star for Year-End Value!
It is almost perfect. Absolutely no regrets...~so far~.
Mileage, comfort, handling, suspension, brakes, dual zone climate controls, electrochromic rear view mirror, reliability, all great.
Several persons asked if it was a Mercedes or an Audi?
We own a 2007 Mercury Mariner Hybrid AWD and knew that
the Fusion Hybrid could be our family sedan and we'd like it.
So two Ford Hybrid products in the garage.

Goodby to a great '96 Camry and we'll let son use
the '06 Accord for college.

Driving ease of a CVT, BLIS, Sony sound, Navigation Sys Voice Activate, SYNC, Tri-Coat color, styling, VISIBILITY, and stone leather INTERIOR COMFORT. Oh yes, exceptional hybrid gas mileage with V6 type performance. Couldn't wait for the Volt to prove itself...

Dealers in Georgia should not order vehicles with Front License Plate Bracket. The piece of crap is riveted on to the bumper..I have my TENNIS plate in it for now...but, it'll be removed before summer. Folding side view mirrors ~could~ be a plus. I've installed mud guards front and rear, a hydraulic hood lifting system, and a folding trunk organizer. We miss fold down rear seats...BUT... Our Mariner Hybrid has them along with plenty more space, and folding mirrors.

Lovin' going green
By pippin65

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love this car. Absolutely love it. Want another one. The SYNC will probably be much better on the 2011

Everything... avg. 42+ overall