2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (150 reviews )
The Best
By tkirkman on 08/28/10 20:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my hybrid last mont and had not a clue how far Ford has come from the days of my Ford Vans and Mustang. The car surpasses my expectations and we call it it our American Benz. All the comfort and features you could have in a car for less than $30,000 I would recommend this car over my BMW.

Superbly engineered hybrid
By TXhybrid on 08/20/10 20:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have owned the car 3 weeks and love driving it. Previously a lifelong Honda owner, the Ford Fusion Hybrid is the best car I've ever driven. Hybrid engine is superbly engineered, slipping seamlessly between electric and gas mode. Very luxurious feel inside with great features that come standard on the hybrid. Great size for fitting 2 car seats in back, plus an adult when needed. Am averaging 34-35 mpg so far, which is great with all the AC use in 100 degree weather.

Top Dog
By Ford Fusion on 07/17/10 19:37 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I drive to Prescott and back to cordes, so I only have highway miles, my best mileage is 42+ and my lowest is 39.5. I fill my tank once a month. This car has made a Ford person out of me with a four cylinder that has good power although I do not push it, it has made me smile when I have had to use the passing gear. This car is something special and Ford should push it`s quality because it is there. I have made my best decision and I have never owned a foreign car and do not care for them, buy American.

Just Go Get One!
By One Happy Buyer on 07/06/10 10:16 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have owned the car for 30 days, having traded a 2008 Civic Hybrid. Must say this is an amazing change for the good. Ride, room, handling, amenities, everything about it is a big plus over the Civic we really loved. Can't say enough good about my experience so far!

Stalling Issue - Another Example
By bert on 07/06/10 07:10 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It's back in the dealership which seems unable to fix the problem of unexpected stalls whether traveling on the interstate or in the mall parking lot. I wonder how many others are experiencing this safety issue? Ford Motor seems unaware of the issue.

Best hybrid on the market
By Eric on 06/29/10 21:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've driven the Prius, the new Lexus, the Highlander, and the Civic Hybrid. In terms of ride quality and performance, none of the other hybrids are as good. The transition from electric to gas is seamless, the vehicle handles well, and accelerates quickly and quietly. I'm getting 40 mpg on average, and I drive aggressively. Consumer Reports data now overwhelmingly confirms top reliability for this car, and I know a number of other people who own them. I am very suspicious of the below reviews regarding reliability problems. Are these Honda and Toyota employees?

Love it!
By krennis on 06/20/10 17:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my Fusion for 3 months now and love it! I'm averaging 39.9 miles per gallon and that's a combo of back roads and highway. It's comfortable, handles well, and doesn't feel any less powerful than a gas powered car when merging or passing on the highway. I was a bit intimidated by all the technology at first but once I know how to use it - it's great and my passengers are always impressed. I don't regret my decision to trade in my Honda for this car at all!

Poor Gas mileage
By Jack on 06/19/10 07:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my 2010 Fusion Hybrid for 6 months and only get 31 mpg city/hwy. From everything I read I'm one of the very people owners that is getting this low of mileage! Dealer said that because I drive a short distance around town, that is what I will expect. I have driven 60 mi. plus and still can't get over 31 mpg. Ford advertised with city driving, you would expect the best gas mileage, not mine! I have talked to Ford Corp. and depending who you talk to I've gotten contradicting explanations. This is my only complaint with the car, but I bought it thinking I would get much better gas mileage, like reported. I can't imagine if I drove in cold weather what I would get.

Great But...
By RoughRider on 06/07/10 15:37 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have had the car about a month and a half. For the size of vehicle it gets good mileage. Traded in a Highlander Hybrid. Seems to be a fairly well designed vehicle. The back up camera is far superior to the Toyota and the BLIS system is great. For all the wonderful features about this car, it rides like a tank. Took a trip from Portland to Seattle and back. By the time we got home, my wife and I felt beat to death. Have discussed ride issue with Dealer and FMCO, but apparently that is the way the car is designed. You can tell this is a 4 cyl. engine, but with the electric assist it still moves.

Ford Quality still BAD
By Jane Roe on 05/18/10 23:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car has been a nightmare, its been in the shop more than I've driven it. Traded my 2001 Honda Civic for this troublesome crap. Going to try to get it classified as a lemon and buying a Honda when I get my money back.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan in VA is:

$124 per month*