2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (151 reviews )
Extreme lack in lasting quality
By tylerfawkes on 04/26/11 13:17 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My 2010 Fusion Hybrid is less than two years old and almost right from the start it has had bolts on the rear door latches corroded to the point it is a safety issue, an AC that doesn't blow air out of the vents(or makes a clicking sound), squeaky leather seats and most recently; a bad sensor and dead battery have cost me $800 in parts, labor, rentals and lost wages due to having to take it to the shop. I even have the premium ESP and this is what i have paid out of pocket. I drive conservatively, take my car to the dealership for all work and still, i have had all of these issues. Once again, this car is less than TWO years old. Ford isn't ready for the Hybrid market.

Poor Gas Mileage
By enternewid on 04/03/11 23:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We were getting over 40 mpg the first 4 months we owned the car, then mileage dropped to 28 mpg with no change in driving habits. Took it into Ford and they gave the song and dance that there are no error codes so they can't do any thing! So much for auto mechanics being able to figure out a problem. My guess would be a bad fuel injector or oxygen sensor being bad, but not enough to show a code. I did put in some injector cleaner even though the owner manual says not to. This actually helped and increased the mileage to about 32 mpg average. BFD I can be driving on the straight and level and the MPG gauge bounces up and down for no reason. After buying a new Mustang in 1988 and having injector problems that Ford refused to fix, I told myself I would never buy another Ford. Well I was stupid and bought one anyway.

I'm in Love
By wijim on 02/14/11 10:19 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I took delivery on my Fusion Hybrid Thursday and set out on a road trip on Saturday. I love everything about this car. You won't experience BMW type fun, but if you want a comfortable, poised and compliant ride with amazing gas mileage this is the car for you! I got 37.0 MPG on my first tank (105 miles city, 440 miles Interstate). I got 33.0 MPG on my all Interstate return trip. And I understand that I can expect better in warm weather. (I travelled on Feb. 9 - 10.) The interior is extremely comfortable and SYNC is cool beyond belief. I'm so glad I didn't go for the Chevy just because of On-Star! SYNC out-performs On-Star. Everyone who saw admired the styling.

White Platinum Tri-Coat Georgia Gem
By wilcox on 01/03/11 14:22 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Built in June 2010. Bought 4 months later. A high priced left-over. Had everything for MSRP 33.4k. Paid 29k(tax incl.)out the door, so gave it a star for Year-End Value! It is almost perfect. Absolutely no regrets...~so far~. Mileage, comfort, handling, suspension, brakes, dual zone climate controls, electrochromic rear view mirror, reliability, all great. Several persons asked if it was a Mercedes or an Audi? We own a 2007 Mercury Mariner Hybrid AWD and knew that the Fusion Hybrid could be our family sedan and we'd like it. So two Ford Hybrid products in the garage. Goodby to a great '96 Camry and we'll let son use the '06 Accord for college.

Lovin' going green
By pippin65 on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love this car. Absolutely love it. Want another one. The SYNC will probably be much better on the 2011

I love this car!
By Lori B on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've waited 6 months to write a review on my new Fusion Hybrid, to see how it's been going. I must say I made the right choice for me. 95% of my driving is in the city and I am overall averaging between 43-44 mpg - better than what Ford lists. I cannot believe the great mpg, the car is so far very solid, fun to drive, and definitely an eye catcher. Everyone I know told me to "but a real car" - now all the nay-sayers are telling me what a great choice I made and that they love this car. I really don't care what they thought anyway, but it is nice to hear. Time will tell if the mpg holds up and I am hoping it will. If you do mostly city driving - this is the car for you!

Great Car
By Rob F on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned my Ford for one year now, driven it about 14,000 miles and love it. The fuel mileage is fun to watch (I live in NYC and commute to Northern NJ). When the temperature stays below about 40 Deg F I average about 35 MPG, between 40-75 Deg F about 40 MPG, and above 90 Deg F the mileage drops to about 36 MPG. I have the Sony sound system I don't know how I ever lived without the SYNC system. So far I have had no issues with the car.

Eye Catcher!
By Stitches26 on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my fusion hybrid brand new in July 2010. Must say it caught my eye right away on the lot. I really wanted to buy the new Taurus. But I took a look at the gas mileage and said next. The car is very comfortable and fun to drive. Pricing was great for a loaded car being hybrid. the only think i don't like is that the side mirrors do not fold in. it would be nice for when I'm parking in the city. also needs a better turn by turn direction system. i just use my own gps.

Amazing Car!
By Jonny on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I LOVE this car! I was looking at a Hybrid and I was thinking about a Prius but they are too small and I didn't like the futuristic interior. I would highly recommend the leather seats and, my favorite, the 8" navigation screen. Sync is fantastic voice recognition for directions, phone calls, finding places of interest, etc. Overall, a great experience that is worth every penny!

Great American car
By Garry H on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

For the longest time i waited for an American manufacturer to develop a sedan that is good looking, economical, well designed. Finally ford has done it. I am very pleased with the car. Love to drive it, love the sync, interior, blind side alert.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid in VA is:

$125 per month*