2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (150 reviews )
Delivers - A Ford this good?
By premier1guy on 05/05/09 04:58 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Well, this IS a sweet car. I rides incredibly ... much like my past two Honda Accords. The GPS display is large, and the number of computerized features on this vehicles is staggering. It is HIGH TECH, really top end. I can voice control everything except the steering. My wife was predisposed against the FORD until she rode in/drove it. I'm getting 39-50 mpg with a little hypermiling effort. It's a total winner ... IF ... it hold up and is reliable over time. Bottom line ... this is a GREAT car!

Amazing Vehicle
By Michael C. on 05/02/09 18:21 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am impressed with what Ford has designed and built. Mine also came with the 502A Nav package. My iphone worked without a flaw with the sync via the bluetooth for the phone and the usb for the songs. The car does handle and feel like a luxury car. Smooth and quiet ride with a strong positive feel. The controls are easy to use and the feature list sounds like a Lexus. It is impressive that a car with this much volume and power gets 35+ mpg in the city. I was originally going to purchase an Accord but after reviewing and testing the Fusion Hybrid I believe I made the better choice. The Honda is a good car but no comparison to the quality, feature list, and mpgs of the Fusion. Thanks FORD.

Worth the Wait
By Chadlad on 05/02/09 06:46 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We ordered our Fusion Hybrid on March 2, to take advantage of the maximum tax credit given on the car. We were trading in a Towncar, so wanted a version that had the creature comforts we were used to with heated leather and sunroof,etc. The car arrived on in late April and has so far been trouble free except for the fact that one of our cellphones won't link up with the Sync System.

Good job Ford
By jmalik1 on 04/30/09 08:22 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had this car for about 3 weeks and have 1000 miles on it now. I am very happy with vehicle so far. My average fuel efficiency over this period has been 41.1 mpg with sensible driving (not hypermiling). I have had shorter city type driving trips of ~55 mpg with very careful (hypermiling type) driving. I belive if one drives the Fusion Hybrid without paying any attention to the fact that its a hybrid then the average fuel economy is probably going to be about 36-37 mpg. From a feature set point of view this vehicle has a lot to offer. I have owned a Toyota Prius before which I liked a lot but Fusion is just in a different category. Its unfair to compare it to a Prius but thats my only p

Great Car
By coast on 04/29/09 19:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Perfect, got the 502A package, well worth it. I love how the Ford sync works with navigation. Such high quality, I can't believe it is a Ford. I'm getting high 30's to low 40's MPG. Ford built a fun factor in a hybrid. Much better than the competition. The interior feels like a luxury car. Nice handling too.

Love it!
By Debbie on 04/29/09 17:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have had our Fusion Hybrid for two weeks and have driven it 932 miles (half hiway and half city). According to the dash readout that is displayed each time you turn the car off, our overall mpg is 38.1. We are very pleased with the quality of the workmanship and how the car handles. The sensitive brakes took a little getting use to. We have the complete electronics package, which is awesome. The larger screen is helpful with the GPS, the Sirius real-time weather map overlay, and the backup camera. Our cell phones, Nokia and iPhone, sync well with the car's system. We have had to "floor it" once at highway speeds, the power seemed equivalent to the V6 we traded in.

Best hybrid yet
By frankieboy on 04/29/09 05:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Fusion Hybrid combines the newest technology and a simple yet elegant design into what is clearly the benchmark for a midsize hybrid car. From the "smart gauge" instrument cluster, to the amazing navigation and sync system, the driver is given all his information in a pleasing and coherent manner. Acceleration from a stop is spirited and much better than the Camry Hybrid and about the same as the Altima Hybrid. The ride is comfortable yet responsive. Front and rear comfort are on par with Lexus. The rear trunk is roomy. There is really nothing to dislike about this new car -- except all the stares! There is simply no hybrid available now to compare with this car.

Fusion hybrid support
By kinetics on 04/13/09 12:59 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

On 4/5, after about 500 miles, vehicle just stopped in traffic with all error lights lit. Towed to dealer. on 4/6 dealer notifed me that it needed a new processor but Ford "could not find one". On 4/11 the dealer installed processor but all error lights remain lit. On 4/13 dealer was "in contact with Ford Enginneering and working on the problem". This is not the way to introduce a new vehicle. I wonder when I will get a Fusion that runs!

Happy so far
By Dr.JB on 04/05/09 13:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Rides well, very comfortable. Not much different than a non-hybrid. The dash display is helpful and not distracting. Have driven approximately 100 miles and averaging about 35 mpg (mostly city driving). Only problem has been with the SYNC- it won't recognize my ipod- so back to the dealer. Overall very happy after the first few days of ownership.

Ford Fusion Hybrid - the future is here!
By S Elliott on 04/02/09 19:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have not owned my Hybrid for very long (since it's a 2010), but the car is fun to drive and worth the money. I drive an equal mix of highway, rural and city, I average 37.5 miles a gallon (WOW). The car is very streamlined inside and out. I have the 501A package and I'm very happy. Don't think because it's a hybrid it will be lacking on power. This can move and excellerate with its strong 2.5L engine, which has almost 200HP. It is a smooth ride, but with a different style of tires and rims it could be a little smoother. Drives like a sports car, room like a sedan and gas sipper like a sub-compact. The back seat will hold 3 people but as with any car its size it would be a tight fit.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid in VA is:

$124 per month*