Used 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (157 reviews )

Blends Economy, Performance, and Luxury!
By HiCarGeek

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

3 mos, 1200 mi. My commute is 12 mi, 50 mph freeway in AM (44 mpg) and stop/go gridlock in PM(39 mpg). Short errands bring my average down to 40 mpg. Headlights nice and bright, with good distance and cutoff. Love the standard features - pwr pass seat, electrochromic rear view mirror, 6 CD changer, reverse alarm, driver's lumbar support, alloy wheels with Michelin MXV4 S8s, dual zone A/C, vehicle speed sensistive wipers. Considered G37 Journey (needs premium, too small inside), Genesis V6 (no dealer discount, given $1000 rebate). Still have other car (Camry LE V6). Absolutely happy with my decision on a balanced price/performance/life cycle cost/quality/reliability/USA company basis.

Great gas mileage, wonderfully subtle gas/electric transitions, stiff and quiet structure, sports sedan handling. Great base level sound system. Sync for iPod, phone, traffic, and directions. Quality interior. Quiet, except for A/C fan on high speed. Operates like a regular car, not a Prius.

Make side view mirrors foldable, move A/C controls higher on dash. Reduce vehicle weight without hurting stiffness or noise. Enlarge trunk by lowering temp spare and moving fuel vapor canister elsewhere. Make leather a stand-alone option. Raise rear seat slightly, increase rear seat toe room.

just change the rear-view mirror
By brucebrecher

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

great car; I am averaging about 39.5 mpg for the first 540 miles. I love the blis lights on the side view mirrors that tells the me that someone is in my blind spot. Only 2 minor complaints;first the rear view mirror is too low on the windshield-taking away from my front vision and there are too many buttons on the dash-should have used dials. Overall a great car, but a bit on the expensive side and could use a drop more power.

blis lights on side view mirrors, warning chimes when a car is coming and I am backing out, fit and finish

move the rear view mirror higher on the front windshield and less buttons to look for

Great car
By Jim

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have driven about 1,800 miles so far. Love the car. Getting 38.4 mpg combo surburban and highway driving. Friends are in awe- no sense when you drive its a hybrid. Love the leaves to give you guidance how to improve milage. Simply great handling. First Ford I have owned and I am very impressed. Liked it a lot better for comfort than Prius I tried.

blind spot warning system- fantastic option feature. worth the money.

Holder for sunglasses in car roof needs to be longer and larger- many will not fit.

BEST CAR EVER!!
By amerck245

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought this car in August '09 and it was the best decision I've ever made. This car is amazing. It is so technologically advanced that it is a total surprise it was made by Ford. I've owned a 2005 BMW 525i and my wife drives a 2008 Acura TL and this car beats them both, hands down. The ride is so smooth and in my opinion it feels like it's gliding over the road. The look and feel inside and out is of a luxury car that costs 15K to 20K more. Everywhere I go people ask me questions and most of them always say the same thing: "Ford makes this?" And not to mention the fuel savings! I commute 100 miles to work each day, and went from filling up 3 times a week to 1.

Sync is awesome. The interaction between my radio, phone and mp3 player is a breeze. You talk and it understands. The BMW and the Acura always have problems with the speech recognition. Also BLIS w/ cross Traffic Alert is great.

Two things I found so far: 1. Folding mirrors. Why Ford doesn't make folding mirrors is beyond me. 2. Memory for Drivers seat. If Ford takes care of those 2 things this car will be able to compete with the best luxury cars out there!!

Great Car - Good Job Ford
By wadere

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had the car almost a month. I was looking at cars all over the map (Infiniti G37, Prius, BMW 1 Series, etc.). I chose the Ford Fusion Hybrid based upon reviews and desire to try a Hybrid. Also, I liked it that Ford did not take a bail-out. Mileage is as averaged (41MPH on the first two tanks and 38MPH on my current tank). Plenty of power for everyday driving. The BLISS sensor had an error yesterday but after wiping down the side of the car it worked again. Lots of Tech (I got the 502 package). Driving it is like playing a video game - beware of distractions. Overall definitely a good choice.

SYNC, BLISS, Jukebox, Sirius Travel Link, seamless transition from electric drive to gas engine, great gas mileage.

Garage door opener, minor annoyance is that the Nav system retains the destination until you manually cancel it. After driving to a lacation, when I leave the Nav keeps trying to reroute me back until I cancel it.