2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (151 reviews )
Great car that is fun to drive
By DavidCaruso on 05/25/09 02:12 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I got the fully loaded 502A package in early May and have put 2,000 miles on the car so far. It's been worth every penny. On the long road trip to the beach I made (Around 500 miles round trip), I didn't find myself constantly trying to adjust my body sitting down for so long because the seats were so comfortable. The sound system was great to listen to, and the navigation has been a godsend for my fiancé who is used to me getting lost on trips. So far I'm averaging 39 MPG and its steadily climbing the more I've adjusted my driving thanks to the efficiency leaves. No matter how efficient a car is, its the driver that gets the most out of it. The leaves help with just that. GJ Ford.

Happy so far
By Bob on 05/21/09 20:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded in my 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid after 7 years. The gas mileage for the Fusion is a little better in city (41 vs. 35-40), but a little worse on the hwy (38 vs. 45-50), but it has a more room, a lot more acceleration, it's much more comfortable, and the handling is much better. Very happy so far. Hopefully it will be reliable. My hybrid battery on the Civic went out at 5 1/2 yrs, but luckily it was covered under warranty. The wouldn't tell me what it would cost, but the service recored printouts I requested when I sold the Civic had a list price of ~ $4,000 for the battery. Hopefully the price will come down before the Fusion's goes out.

Fantastic!
By Magnus on 05/19/09 19:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Unbelivable the car is just amazing! 502A package is worth the money. This is the car you just can't wait to drive again and again,it huggs the road like the best sports sedans in the world! Ford finally got rid of the green dash lights - this is new and fresh. I have bought Fords for the last 17 years because they where so reliable But now they changed the game , - This is pure excitement!You can have the chocolate without the calories! Thanks FORD. Great job.

Love It So Far -- Hopefully Will Hold Up
By Nelson on 05/18/09 00:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had a little over than a month with this car so far, so it might very well be still the honeymoon period, but the comfort and the fuel economy are great. It has the power available when you need it, and is sensibly designed. No real weaknesses that I can see.

So Far, So Good...and Fun to Drive!
By tr33climber on 05/14/09 08:15 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We ordered the 2010 Fusion based on a test drive in an '09 model. The seats in the Hybrid seem a little firmer than the '09--nearly too firm for my body. We got the 502A package with all the trinkets and leather seats and now have about 1500 miles on it after a 900 mile trip to a relative's house. Average mileage is about 38 mpg although I managed over 50 mpg at 60 mph in a 50 mile jaunt last night. I suspect 38 will be the normal mileage with our type of driving. My overall impression is that it is a very competent well engineered and quality built vehicle. We traded in a newer Towncar, and didn't lose much except the posh ride and gained quite a lot of new engineering progress.

Best car on the road (period)
By fast eddy on 05/12/09 12:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car can stand up nicely to any other luxury car on the road. I never thought I'd be commenting on my cars user interface, but it is clear, engaging and easy to use. Very smooth driving and seamless transition from gas to electric. Even the Microsoft Sync system is great (and this is coming from a diehard Apple guy).

I like it
By rob on 05/12/09 11:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had the car about 3 weeks and I've driven about 400 miles mostly highway and I'm averaging around 35 mpg. Despite what Ford says I seem to get better gas mileage on the hwy vs the city. The problem with the city driving is that unless you crawl out of each stop the car switches to the gas engine and it brings the gas mileage way down. The problem is if you drive the car like the smart gauges suggest (at least in CA) you'd be driven off the road by someone with road rage. It's just impracticle to take 30-60 seconds just to get up to 10-15 miles per hour. A little dissapointed on this front but all in all a great fun car to drive.

Ford quality
By Harvey on 05/12/09 10:07 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this car. Everyone wants good gas milage, but the Fusion Hybrid brings so much more to the table. If you want a hybrid look no further. I tested the competitors models and this was the best choice. It is a quality ride. If you put a BMW badge on it it would sell for $10,000 more and you'd never notice it was a Ford. Well done!

Super Car
By David Mathis on 05/09/09 22:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had this car 1 week. drives like a dream, elec to gas to elec motors are fantastically not detectable. Smooth seamless shifts with trany. I have city mpg of high 40's with careful acceleration. Combined city hwy gets 42+ mpg. Love the back up camera (502A pkg)in the Navigation screen! The side warning radar feature is accurate and reliable.

FORD FUSION
By 2010 fusion GREAT on 05/06/09 13:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

the new fusion is a mixture of sportiness of comfort! and has enough room and comfort to haul the hole family around in comfort and style while getting over 48 mgp!!! wow that kind of MPG is something new for me coming from a toyota camery hybrid that could not touch the fusion on style performance handling and the overall build quailty!!! FORD HAS TURNED AROUND AND IS PRODUCING QUAILITY PRODUCTS!!!!! GO AMERICAN

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid in VA is:

$124 per month*