2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (150 reviews )
So Far So Good
By Kirk S. on 06/08/09 09:52 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my Fusion Hybrid almost a week. So far I really love the car. I loved it the first time I drove it That is a big deal for me. The car is equipped the way I like it, with all the factory options. I only wish the car had HID headlights & keyless start. I question the need for the keypad on the door when you have to use a key to start the car anyway. The car goes pretty good for being a hybrid. The transition for gas to electric is seamless. The CVT trayy works very wekk too. This car just works and I am averaging 43 MPG so far. I lve the inof the car give you at the end of your trip about how much gas you used. Very thoughful. Ala in all I am very happy so far.

Good Car Badly Fitted Leather Front Seat
By RJB on 06/06/09 08:48 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We ordered the car 1/28/09 and took delivery 3/31/09. We have the 502a package and really like the many options. The leather front seats had many wrinkles and only got worse over a 2 week period. The dealer took pictures and sent to Ford who approved the replacment of the covers. BIG MISTAKE. The new covers that were fitted by a professional look even worse then the original. Now we have been promised 2 new complete seats from the factory but will have to wait until available. Has anyone else had problem with the front seats in leather? The rear seat fits perfectly

45mpg average
By tony on 06/04/09 16:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

excellent fuel economy, impressive interior and features, solid feel, seating is a little uncomfortable and interior feels a little on the tight side.

My First American Car in 12 years.
By Georgia Jim on 06/03/09 14:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

For years I have said that if the US Big 3 could just make a world class hybrid, I would buy it. Based on Edmunds and some other sources, I pre- ordered this before they were released. For me that was a big gamble. I think it paid off well. The car is well built, engaging and fun to drive. Despite the battery packs, there is enough trunk room for my wife, 17 year old son and I to have taken a trip to Disney World and felt like we had plenty of room even with our baggage. I'm using the electronic dash to help teach my boy not to lead-foot the gas pedal, which is a totally unexpected side benefit..

what a car
By Rick on 06/02/09 18:25 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had a 07 Milan and thought that was a great car... until I got my Fusion Hybrid... WOW.Ford really did a fantastic job on this car.. the hybrid mileage is better than advertised, the sync is so cool and the build quality is another gem. Ford has a winner.

Good Effort Ford
By Bob on 05/30/09 13:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Orderd Jan 24th 2009. Took delivery Mar 31st 2009. Had ordered without leather and dealer was going to install but they first promised 1 day then said 3 weeks so took another car they had with leather. BIG MISTAKE see Suggested Improvements. The dealer has promised to replace the both seats and not just the covers so I hope they will be of a better fit and quality. Overall the car drives GREAT, the gas milage is as advertised and the 502A package has all the toys. I love the Sync and the voice recogination along with the back up system and the blind spot indicators on the side view mirrors. Ford did their homework onthis car. I usully lease but this one I bought and hope to have it 8 years.

Awesome!
By Tom on 05/28/09 07:56 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned this car for about a week now and love it! The base model has all of the bells & whistles I could want and my mileage is exceeding my expectations so far (I am averaging about 43 so far). While fuel economy is great, I don't feel like I am sacrificing performance or speed. Test drove a Prius and Camry Hybrid before buying the FFH and can honestly say the FFH is in a class of its own

We love it.
By Ed on 05/25/09 22:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We chose the Fusion hybrid over others after we'd decided the other hybrids (esp. trunk capacity) were not spacious enough for our family. We liked the sync tech and the styling over the Camry. Was a little nervous that the Fusion Hybrid was so new, but very happy with it over a month! We can get in the high 40s if we try but overall with mostly city driving we're getting about 37 mpg.

Uncomfortable on long drives
By lektrik on 05/25/09 11:03 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Overall the Fusion is a very good car with state of the art technology. I've gotten 52 mpg around town and 41mpg on the highway wile driving within the speed limit. When I drive faster, as I normally do the average is 35mpg. I sold a 2003 Taurus to purchase the Fusion and that car was much more comfortable on the highway than the Fusion and got 27.5mpg. Overall I have mixed emotions about the Fusion. A highy touring car it's not, A city or suburban fuel champ for it's size it is!! Overall, if highway driving is your major miles I would opt for something like the new Taurus. If running errands aroud town and stop and go traffic is your day than the Fusion is an excellent choice!

Great car that is fun to drive
By DavidCaruso on 05/25/09 02:12 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I got the fully loaded 502A package in early May and have put 2,000 miles on the car so far. It's been worth every penny. On the long road trip to the beach I made (Around 500 miles round trip), I didn't find myself constantly trying to adjust my body sitting down for so long because the seats were so comfortable. The sound system was great to listen to, and the navigation has been a godsend for my fiancé who is used to me getting lost on trips. So far I'm averaging 39 MPG and its steadily climbing the more I've adjusted my driving thanks to the efficiency leaves. No matter how efficient a car is, its the driver that gets the most out of it. The leaves help with just that. GJ Ford.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan in VA is:

$124 per month*