2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion-hybrid - Consumer Reviews

2010 Fusion Hybrid Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (153 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

Wow! Whadda great car!!!!!!!!!!!
By Larry Rymal

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the first Ford Fusion Hybrid in my county and I was like a little boy in a bicycle shop during the old days! The driving experience was amazing, as soon as I left the dealership. First off-SILENCE-as soon as I left the lot. The battery charge propelled the car and I heard noting. The gasoline motor seamlessly kicked in as I increased speed. Performance on the highway is quite good, I think. However, going up hills at 70mph will offer a bit of gasoline motor noise. It is almost unnerving because generally, the car is very quiet. Airconditioning is amazing. While I was "idling" in a parking lot, it used the battery most of the time, gas motor part time. 502A package is mine.

Favorite Features

The 502A package offers nearly a luxury car. You get all the awesome features of such a vehicle, so I would have to target the propulsion and economy as the "favorite feature". I can't offer anything different than what the others have typed, just that it is simply AWESOME. Congratulations to Ford.

Suggested Improvements

Locking fuel door. Left side of console crowds my right knee. Entertainment console is boring and busy, with the bottom fading out of view for a driver. INCLUDE CELL PHONE SIGNAL AMPLIFIER. Sync dies in rural areas, when compared to GM's OnStar, which uses a more powerful transmitter.

First timer for Ford
By Laura

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have previously owned Toyotas- Corolla, Camry, and 4 Runner. I thought I would remain a Toyota loyalist until I test drove the Ford Fusion Hybrid. I haven't had it a full month yet, but I already average 38-40 MPG. I commute mostly highway and experience both great gas mileage and comfort. I never thought I would say I like an American car better than I liked my imports. You did it, Ford!!! Great job and continued success.

Favorite Features

Love the Sync technology.

Suggested Improvements

Locked gas tank.

THIS IS AN AMERICAN CAR?
By Todster

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned this vehicle for a little over a week. I can't believe this is an American car! The craftsmanship, build quality and ride quality rival European sedans costing much, much more. The fuel economy for this class vehicle has no match. So far my Fusion is averaging 42.5 MPG based on mostly city stop-n-go driving. Much more car for the money than Toyota, Nissan or Honda. It is very exciting to see a product like this come from a US automaker. Ford has a winner in my opinion!

Favorite Features

Sync system, space shuttle like instrument cluster, little green leaves, spacious interior, Sony sound system w/Sirius

Suggested Improvements

available sport exterior trim, more exterior color options

So Far So Good
By Kirk S.

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my Fusion Hybrid almost a week. So far I really love the car. I loved it the first time I drove it That is a big deal for me. The car is equipped the way I like it, with all the factory options. I only wish the car had HID headlights & keyless start. I question the need for the keypad on the door when you have to use a key to start the car anyway. The car goes pretty good for being a hybrid. The transition for gas to electric is seamless. The CVT trayy works very wekk too. This car just works and I am averaging 43 MPG so far. I lve the inof the car give you at the end of your trip about how much gas you used. Very thoughful. Ala in all I am very happy so far.

Favorite Features

Nav/Sync & Dash. The ambient lighting is a neat feature too.

Suggested Improvements

Need HID headlights & keyless start. Get rid of the keypad on the door. Ford likes to use the for some reason.

Good Car Badly Fitted Leather Front Seat
By RJB

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We ordered the car 1/28/09 and took delivery 3/31/09. We have the 502a package and really like the many options. The leather front seats had many wrinkles and only got worse over a 2 week period. The dealer took pictures and sent to Ford who approved the replacment of the covers. BIG MISTAKE. The new covers that were fitted by a professional look even worse then the original. Now we have been promised 2 new complete seats from the factory but will have to wait until available. Has anyone else had problem with the front seats in leather? The rear seat fits perfectly

Favorite Features

All of the options in the 502A package, but could have done without the moon roof. I have had moon roofs on my last 3 cars and hardly ever used it especially here in Florida. The optional White Platinum Metallic Tri- Coat looks really great have gotten many complements. Avg 38.8 mpg after 1,400 miles

Suggested Improvements

None at this time.

45mpg average
By tony

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

excellent fuel economy, impressive interior and features, solid feel, seating is a little uncomfortable and interior feels a little on the tight side.

Favorite Features

display, seemles transition from electric to gas and back..state of the art technology

Suggested Improvements

wish i could plug it in to get extra miles on a battery charge

My First American Car in 12 years.
By Georgia Jim

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

For years I have said that if the US Big 3 could just make a world class hybrid, I would buy it. Based on Edmunds and some other sources, I pre- ordered this before they were released. For me that was a big gamble. I think it paid off well. The car is well built, engaging and fun to drive. Despite the battery packs, there is enough trunk room for my wife, 17 year old son and I to have taken a trip to Disney World and felt like we had plenty of room even with our baggage. I'm using the electronic dash to help teach my boy not to lead-foot the gas pedal, which is a totally unexpected side benefit..

Favorite Features

The dash is great. There is a lot of information that would be helpful even if the car was not a hybrid. Sync 3.0 is really nice. Even without a nav system I get turn by turn directions, traffic updates, local business searches and so on. It also accesses songs off any USB drive.

Suggested Improvements

I hated the front grill at first. It's growing on me, but they could have done better. The spot for your right leg when driving is tight, but serviceable. Why, why, why would Ford put in a stereo system with all these features and only provide bass and treble adjustments?

what a car
By Rick

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had a 07 Milan and thought that was a great car... until I got my Fusion Hybrid... WOW.Ford really did a fantastic job on this car.. the hybrid mileage is better than advertised, the sync is so cool and the build quality is another gem. Ford has a winner.

Favorite Features

Sync. Sony sound system, the dash, the hybrid system.

Suggested Improvements

maybe a trunk lift spot. the outside entry pad done like the new lincolns

Good Effort Ford
By Bob

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Orderd Jan 24th 2009. Took delivery Mar 31st 2009. Had ordered without leather and dealer was going to install but they first promised 1 day then said 3 weeks so took another car they had with leather. BIG MISTAKE see Suggested Improvements. The dealer has promised to replace the both seats and not just the covers so I hope they will be of a better fit and quality. Overall the car drives GREAT, the gas milage is as advertised and the 502A package has all the toys. I love the Sync and the voice recogination along with the back up system and the blind spot indicators on the side view mirrors. Ford did their homework onthis car. I usully lease but this one I bought and hope to have it 8 years.

Favorite Features

Have the 502A package and the White Pearl finish. Have gotten a lot of positive comments, from friends, neighbors and people seeing the car when I am out driving.

Suggested Improvements

The leather had so many wrinkles Ford agreed to replace the leather. After the dealer installed the new leather it was even worse the then original. I do not know why on the Hybrid they cannot have the leather installed as good as I had on my Audi A4 which was about the same price.

Awesome!
By Tom

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned this car for about a week now and love it! The base model has all of the bells & whistles I could want and my mileage is exceeding my expectations so far (I am averaging about 43 so far). While fuel economy is great, I don't feel like I am sacrificing performance or speed. Test drove a Prius and Camry Hybrid before buying the FFH and can honestly say the FFH is in a class of its own

Favorite Features

The smart guages are great! Love the Sync system and free Sirius for 6 months!

Suggested Improvements

Tone down the turn signal sound.