Used 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion-hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (153 reviews )

Great Car
By Chad

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I read every review of this car before I purchased. This car feels like a luxury car with the NAV system, leather seats, etc. It is fun to drive and I get a lot of rave reviews from passengers. I am in the real estate business so the NAV system is a great benefit to me. I like the voice activation feature as well.

Favorite Features

I love the safety features, including the backup camera. the blind spot alert and the warning alert when backing out of a parking spot.

Suggested Improvements

I do not like the plastic grill. Some of the controls are hard to reach. I would suggest getting the NAV system to eliminate the control issue.

Great Car, high tech fun all around
By Howie

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I recently traded in my G6 Hardtop Convertible for a 2010 FFH. My G6 while fun to drive when the top was down was getting an average of 15 mpg. This is the first Ford car I've ever owned and I'm really impressed. The car was a bit more expensive then I hoped, but all Hybrid seems to carry a hefty premium. And there is little to no incentives on them. I just made my first fill up and it was at 560 miles. Was averaging about 36-39 mpg. The fuel gauge is a little misleading. The tank holds 17.5 gallons, but the car list empty at 15 gallons. So you do have a nice reserve, though I wish it was a little more descriptive. Overall its a very fun and semi sporty sedan.

Favorite Features

1. Backup Camera 2. Hybrid Engine/Eco Gauges 3. Nav System (Though Maps seems old) 4. Sync (Love it with my Ipod) but it could u some tweaks to the voice recognition.

Suggested Improvements

For a first year this car is pretty good, only things I can really recommend are a few items the other ford cars have. 1. Park Assist (Escape has it) 2. Cold Heats (Taurus has them) 3. XM Instead of Sirus (yes I know they are the same company but I like XM better). 4. Smaller/Sleeker antenna.

Simply Amazing
By Dave

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm very fussy and hard to please technically (and not often given to spending the time to write these things). But after 800 miles I am very impressed with this vehicle. The technology in the 2010 Fusion Hybrid is simply amazing and I'm happy with my decision. (Did I mention I was impressed?) Ford build quality has significantly improved since my last Ford. I heartily recommend this vehicle. (If you're near Columbus OH, go see Mathews Ford in Newark - they were very accommodating.)

Favorite Features

Handles nicely. Excellent ride. Comfortable seats. Refined appearance. Hybrid instrumentation is very engaging (and the configurable LCD dashboard is just awesome). Daytime Running Lights are already installed (but you have to go to the dealer to have the SJB programmed to enable them.)

Suggested Improvements

Many aspects of the Nav UI are disabled when moving (the BIGGEST is not being able to set a new destination by street address). Speed limits should display for all roads. Nav should use the SYNC'd address book in my phone for dest input. DRL's should be usable without having to go to the dealer!

Amazing Car
By Brad

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We purchased the 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid in September 2009. We've been a Honda family since 1991 and were initially leaning toward a 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. The Honda dealership was across the street from Ford so we decided to check out the Fusion Hybrid since we heard it was nice car. Once we drove it we were sold. Great ride--super handling, quiet, solid feel. The biggest advantages over the Accord were the high tech features. The navigation system, SYNC, and blind spot awareness system are fantastic and either weren't offered or simply were nicer than Hondas. Mileage has come in at 38.5 so far in combined driving. I'm really impressed by Ford now. Amazing car...

Favorite Features

Great ride--you don't even notice the transition between hybrid electric and the gasoline engine. The navigation with SYNC is extraordinary. Voice activation system is fun to use and the navigation systems displays everything from fuel prices to the weather. It isn't cheap, but we love it!

Suggested Improvements

Wish they could make the trunk space larger. Batteries are behind the back seat and eat up roughly 12 inches of trunk space. Maybe batteries could be moved under the trunk in future design, but it is adequate for most of our needs.

Best of all
By ChewToy

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded my Prius for this car because the Fusion is so superior. It's more comfortable, quieter, better looking, the radio is better, it gets better mileage and is just plain more fun. Bottom line, you can't go wrong here. Dump your existing hybrid and get the fusion. For sure.

Favorite Features

It looks so sweet and the drive is just as good as it looks. I also love the driver assist chimes.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a few less buttons but that's about it. This car is a winner.