2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (153 reviews )
Wow! Whadda great car!!!!!!!!!!!
By Larry Rymal on 06/12/09 05:30 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the first Ford Fusion Hybrid in my county and I was like a little boy in a bicycle shop during the old days! The driving experience was amazing, as soon as I left the dealership. First off-SILENCE-as soon as I left the lot. The battery charge propelled the car and I heard noting. The gasoline motor seamlessly kicked in as I increased speed. Performance on the highway is quite good, I think. However, going up hills at 70mph will offer a bit of gasoline motor noise. It is almost unnerving because generally, the car is very quiet. Airconditioning is amazing. While I was "idling" in a parking lot, it used the battery most of the time, gas motor part time. 502A package is mine.

First timer for Ford
By Laura on 06/11/09 19:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have previously owned Toyotas- Corolla, Camry, and 4 Runner. I thought I would remain a Toyota loyalist until I test drove the Ford Fusion Hybrid. I haven't had it a full month yet, but I already average 38-40 MPG. I commute mostly highway and experience both great gas mileage and comfort. I never thought I would say I like an American car better than I liked my imports. You did it, Ford!!! Great job and continued success.

THIS IS AN AMERICAN CAR?
By Todster on 06/11/09 14:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned this vehicle for a little over a week. I can't believe this is an American car! The craftsmanship, build quality and ride quality rival European sedans costing much, much more. The fuel economy for this class vehicle has no match. So far my Fusion is averaging 42.5 MPG based on mostly city stop-n-go driving. Much more car for the money than Toyota, Nissan or Honda. It is very exciting to see a product like this come from a US automaker. Ford has a winner in my opinion!

So Far So Good
By Kirk S. on 06/08/09 09:52 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my Fusion Hybrid almost a week. So far I really love the car. I loved it the first time I drove it That is a big deal for me. The car is equipped the way I like it, with all the factory options. I only wish the car had HID headlights & keyless start. I question the need for the keypad on the door when you have to use a key to start the car anyway. The car goes pretty good for being a hybrid. The transition for gas to electric is seamless. The CVT trayy works very wekk too. This car just works and I am averaging 43 MPG so far. I lve the inof the car give you at the end of your trip about how much gas you used. Very thoughful. Ala in all I am very happy so far.

Good Car Badly Fitted Leather Front Seat
By RJB on 06/06/09 08:48 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We ordered the car 1/28/09 and took delivery 3/31/09. We have the 502a package and really like the many options. The leather front seats had many wrinkles and only got worse over a 2 week period. The dealer took pictures and sent to Ford who approved the replacment of the covers. BIG MISTAKE. The new covers that were fitted by a professional look even worse then the original. Now we have been promised 2 new complete seats from the factory but will have to wait until available. Has anyone else had problem with the front seats in leather? The rear seat fits perfectly

45mpg average
By tony on 06/04/09 16:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

excellent fuel economy, impressive interior and features, solid feel, seating is a little uncomfortable and interior feels a little on the tight side.

My First American Car in 12 years.
By Georgia Jim on 06/03/09 14:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

For years I have said that if the US Big 3 could just make a world class hybrid, I would buy it. Based on Edmunds and some other sources, I pre- ordered this before they were released. For me that was a big gamble. I think it paid off well. The car is well built, engaging and fun to drive. Despite the battery packs, there is enough trunk room for my wife, 17 year old son and I to have taken a trip to Disney World and felt like we had plenty of room even with our baggage. I'm using the electronic dash to help teach my boy not to lead-foot the gas pedal, which is a totally unexpected side benefit..

what a car
By Rick on 06/02/09 18:25 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had a 07 Milan and thought that was a great car... until I got my Fusion Hybrid... WOW.Ford really did a fantastic job on this car.. the hybrid mileage is better than advertised, the sync is so cool and the build quality is another gem. Ford has a winner.

Good Effort Ford
By Bob on 05/30/09 13:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Orderd Jan 24th 2009. Took delivery Mar 31st 2009. Had ordered without leather and dealer was going to install but they first promised 1 day then said 3 weeks so took another car they had with leather. BIG MISTAKE see Suggested Improvements. The dealer has promised to replace the both seats and not just the covers so I hope they will be of a better fit and quality. Overall the car drives GREAT, the gas milage is as advertised and the 502A package has all the toys. I love the Sync and the voice recogination along with the back up system and the blind spot indicators on the side view mirrors. Ford did their homework onthis car. I usully lease but this one I bought and hope to have it 8 years.

Awesome!
By Tom on 05/28/09 07:56 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned this car for about a week now and love it! The base model has all of the bells & whistles I could want and my mileage is exceeding my expectations so far (I am averaging about 43 so far). While fuel economy is great, I don't feel like I am sacrificing performance or speed. Test drove a Prius and Camry Hybrid before buying the FFH and can honestly say the FFH is in a class of its own

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid in VA is:

$125 per month*