Used 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion-hybrid - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (153 reviews )

6000+ mile review update-
By Uncleserg

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

First off Ford has a winner here. The car is super solid, no interior rattles/noise and extremely comfortable ride. The interior is quiet and the car ride is smooth. Ford did not go cheap on the materials or the construction of the car. The leather sits are very soft/comfortable. So far very impressed w/this car. My strt mpg has avg high 41/43 and on hwy itís been around 40/41 mpg. On short 3 mile drives Iíve gotten the occasional 55+ mpg ride. Those donít happen often but when they do itís an awesome feeling. One last note the mileage Iíve been getting on a tank fluctuates between 615 to 675 total miles and I still have less then 1/4 of a tank. Key to good mpg is having car battery charged.

Favorite Features

Sirius Radio and Travel Link: the Travel Link tracks storms with intensity & updates you on the fly. It also provides you with gas stations by brand, cost of fuel, and how far the gas station is from where youíre at. BLIS system with Cross Traffic Alert warns you of blind spots. Rear camera.

Suggested Improvements

Raise the navigation system up higher around where the air conditioner vents are at. Arm rest should be able to adjust i.e. move forward. Make it a plug-in option. Solarize Moon/Sun roof for improved battery charge. Make car antenna smaller. SmartGauge Cluster w/EcoGuide should show CO2 foot print.

Not a cold weather car
By Bill

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very happy overall but this car got 40 mpg (real, not dash estimate)in warm weather, but only get 35 in cold weather. Mixed highway and city driving. If you opt for comfort and features, this is a great car. If you are out for high mileage, buy a Prius.

Favorite Features

Great dash panel. Have nav system and it is very will layed out and integrates well with cell phone. Seating very comfortable for long trips.

Suggested Improvements

Figure out why the mileage suffers in cold weather. Small trunk space a negative whan traveling.

I'm In Love
By Paula

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Less than a week of ownership but this is an amazing car! Was amazed by the quality and handling of this car and Eric Flores at the dealer was fantastic. I've already written a letter to Alan Mullaly! Was not looking for a hybrid, but am averaging 39+ ON THE FREEWAY! This car replaced a 2000 Toyota RAV4 with 241,000 miles. Toyota didn't even come close as a replacement consideration. Tested Chevy Equinox, Malibu, Toyota Camry, Corolla, Matrix, RAV 4 and Prius, Nissan Altima, Maxima and CUBE and Honda Civic, Insight and Accord. Ford blew them all away. You've to drive this car!

Favorite Features

Mileage, finish and quality of the car, comfort, SUN/MOON ROOF (I've never had one before!)

Suggested Improvements

So far the only thing I can think of is that I'm missing the rear window windshield wiper I had on my RAV 4. Trunk space is okay, but you lose storage space because of the battery placement behind the back seat. But I knew that going in to the deal.

Great Car!
By Jim M.

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am about to reach the 2,000 mile mark on my Fusion Hybrid and I'm very impressed! I drive 2008 Camry Hybrids at work and this car beats the Camry in several areas. The CVT trans is amazing and the car is a pleasure to drive. I love the smooth quiet ride with the sure-footed handling of a performance vehicle. The standard six speaker, six-disc sound system is very nice and I have come to LOVE the Sirius Satelite Radio. I coummute 110 miles per day and average 38 mpg which is oustanding for a vehicle of this size and comfort level. - not to mention the high average freeway speeds of about 75 mph. Ford has really come up with a winner with the Fusion Hybrid.

Favorite Features

Looks, mpg, comfort and road manner.

Suggested Improvements

Locking fuel door or gas cap.

Absolutely fantastic car.
By Norman R.

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is one of the best I've had. I absolutely love SYNC! I've gotten up to 50 mpg in city driving! Great job Ford - an almost flawless car.

Favorite Features

Technology! The EcoGauge especially. Chrome grille. Interior design

Suggested Improvements

Make the sunglasses case a bit larger.