2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (151 reviews )
Fun to Drive
By Russ on 06/26/09 13:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my 2010 Ford Fusion for about a month and it has been fun to drive. We'll have to see how it perfoms over time. A few things I've noticed so far is the large front grille is plastc chrome and easily prone to scratching. Also the package I have includes rear park assist and it has gone emitted a continous beep on several occasions when absolutely nothing was to the rear of the vehicle. Other than that the fuel economy is great and the vehicle will stay in EV mode even with the A/C on.

Learning how to drive all over again
By Juris on 06/22/09 08:07 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Received car less than 1 week ago, after 5-wk wait from date of order. So far it's everything I expected. No production laws. I am excited by the "game" of driving efficiently, and the electronics in this car give me lots of tools to work with. The car handles beautifully and is surprisingly responsive when I need to accelerate. Holds the road very well. Though still has just a bit of a sporty feel. Xlnt brakes, no "hybrid" feel to them. Interior appointments are very sharp. I love Ford's Sync system -- which accommodates the phones of everyone in the family (Bluetooth), as well as gives ample connections for iPhone/iPod, USB. (Bonus: I get a 110 V receptacle for my computer.)

Comparison of Fusion to Camry Hybrid
By Carolyn on 06/18/09 08:08 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I recently totaled my 2009 Camry Hybrid and I replaced it with the Fusion Hybrid. While i think the camry may have more comfortable seating the fusion blows it away on options. The navigation system is far superior and the BLISD and sync functions are great. This car has a more sporty feel than the camry.

Excellent as expected
By DANO on 06/17/09 10:19 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've been waiting for a true hybrid built by Ford or GM. When I first heard the initial ads I scoured the internet looking for real people reviews. I never found a bad one, every review was a rave. So I bought it. After a month and one long trip, so far, it's exactly as advertised. I've been getting 39-42 around town and on my first trip got 37.5 cruising at 65-75. The empower dash is simply amazing. Shifting from EV to gas is almost unperceivable. Most of today's econoboxes are ugly (think Prius), cramped, and unsafe. But the FFH looks like a car, drives like a car, handles like a car. In fact if you chose the basic dash you'd never know you're in a hybrid except when you go to get gas.

Excellent American car
By Russ on 06/15/09 09:06 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have never owned an American car before but always hoped I would find one worth buying. The 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid is that car! Exterior styling draws attention and lots of positive comments. The interior is roomy enough for my wife and I as well as for our 2 teenage sons. The interior materials and well fit and finish are excellent. The Fusion Hybrid draws you into the fuel economy game with great information delivered via a great looking instrument panel. The technology offered with the Nav system / Sony sound package is top notch. Love the Sync system. FF Hybrid is fun to drive, comfortable and looks great - by the way it is easy to beat the EPA estimates!!

Better than my Acura TSX
By RickInSanDiego on 06/12/09 23:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I truly believed that no car would ever be able to beat out my 2004 TSX in terms of fun-to-drive quotient, luxury and quality. Well, I was about to trade in my 2004 TSX for a 2009 until I saw this new Ford. Finally a car from an American car company that I can be proud of, not just settle for. My friend who will "only own a Mercedes" drove with me last night and said he is going to buy one when his lease is up in a few months. This says a lot (if you knew my friend). The ride, stability, quiet interior, fit & finish, both inside and out are all major pluses. The turning radius is much smaller than my old TSX. I only have 250 miles on it and I'm averaging 40.5 mpg. Good job Ford.

Toyota owner...now Ford owner
By Frank B. on 06/12/09 18:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Ford Fusion Hybrid is a grand slam! Vehicle is very well engineered (an engineer myself), very well built and looks great, not to mention great gas mileage. Long term reliability remains to be seen, but I love this car. Still have my Toyota, but now I'm a Ford fan also.

Ford has stepped it up
By maxpower220 on 06/12/09 16:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded in a Volvo S60R. The FFH has at least as good fit and finish. The FFH is definately more quiet on the road. Sync is awesome, easy to use. Navigation is great. Gas milage is very good. My wife is a home health nurse who drives everywhere for work. Hwy mileage so far is 34 and city has been 36. She does a lot of paperwork in her car sitting still with the A/C on in FL. With "carefull" driving, we get well over 45 in the city. Best short trip (10 miles,city) was just over 51. Short trip info is from car computer. Avg mpg is based on miles/tank. Overall extremely happy with the car. We haven't missed the Volvo at all. As gas prices increase, it seems like a better deal everyday.

A hybrid that actually drives like a car
By Oman on 06/12/09 10:22 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I replaced a large SUV (Expedition EL loaded) with this car since I was mostly using it for commuting to work (about 65 miles per day). I had been considering a replacement but until the Fusion came out there was nothing that made sense for me. I wanted creature comforts, a great ride, great mileage, and something that could handle merging onto a 70MPH HWY with short rising ramps. I test drove a number of cars and a few smaller SUVs and nothing came close to meeting my requirements. The build and materials quality is top-notch. The car is comfortable and quiet. I'm getting just over 37 real MPG driving normally. It has plenty of room. I could not be happier with it.

Wow! Whadda great car!!!!!!!!!!!
By Larry Rymal on 06/12/09 05:30 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the first Ford Fusion Hybrid in my county and I was like a little boy in a bicycle shop during the old days! The driving experience was amazing, as soon as I left the dealership. First off-SILENCE-as soon as I left the lot. The battery charge propelled the car and I heard noting. The gasoline motor seamlessly kicked in as I increased speed. Performance on the highway is quite good, I think. However, going up hills at 70mph will offer a bit of gasoline motor noise. It is almost unnerving because generally, the car is very quiet. Airconditioning is amazing. While I was "idling" in a parking lot, it used the battery most of the time, gas motor part time. 502A package is mine.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid in VA is:

$125 per month*