Used 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (157 reviews )

The best American Car on the Road
By Andrew

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Yes, I know it's made in Mexico, but this is a home run for Ford. I get 600 miles a tank in town. I live in a part of the country that can be flat for the most part and this definitely helps MPG as I can coast quite a bit. This thing flat out rolls! It has no engine braking down hills so it can take off like a soap box derby racer. The SYNC system works flawlessly with my iPhone. Sound quality is great from the Sony speakers. I can't complain about anything so far other than a little bit of yearning for a better seat. Very satisfied with the purchase.

MPG, SYNC, Visibility, Quietness!

Better seat padding in front.

Not up to 700 mi per tank
By Richard A.

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I like the ride of the car, it's very comfortable. I'm 6'3 and have plenty of room. I think the commercial touting "up to 700" per tank is hype. I've never approached that, and I drive like a grandpa according to my friends. My city driving usually averages in the 38mpg for a high. In very cold weather it went down significantly.

I have lower back pain, so I love the seat warmers. Controls on steering wheel, gas mileage is still great.

Running lights, better airconditioning, built in garage door controls, better headlights, difficult to see without having brights on

I might just have a lemon
By Oldschool1962

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Started out very positive about the purchase. Have had Instrument cluster glitches, Sound system issues and several regenerative and hydraulic braking issues. Even after the "customer service enhancement" system reprogram last week. When the car is functiong properly (what I was sold) it's great but when the computers have issues everything suffers. Big worry is the current braking issue. They have a mind of their own when it comes to pedal pressure and actual braking of the vehicle. Brakes actually garb without warning. Tech line has shrugged off things as normal adn dealership is doing what they can but their hands are tied at the moment. Service manager is trying to do what he can.

It was the whole car but can't think of one at the moment. If things get resolved or the car is replaced....I'll write a new review. But until then.....

Replace my car

Love My 2010 Fusion Hybrid
By roller joe

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My previous vehicle was an Acura, This car is alot more fun to drive, and gets me 38 to 45 mpg day all the time. I only wish the re3ar seat folded, but that was the only place ford could fit the Hybrid battery! I would recommend this car to anyone who drives alot. It is like no American ever built!

Sync system, driver controlled dash modes, blind spot alarm for sides and rear, keyless entry, so I am never locked out of my own car.

Find a place for the battery so the rear seat can fold. Make the car a plug-in hybrid that I can recharge at night.

Great Car But...
By taxdoc

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love the car. Sync has a lot of issues with smartphones. Doesn't do all that it is suppose to. The seats have very little support and I am seriously considering replacing them with Recaro seats.

Technology and gas mileage

Better seats and fix the software on the sync.