2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (150 reviews )
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
By jones4730 on 10/09/13 07:50 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My first car bought in six years. Put a lot of research into it. Love this car. Black on black, tinted windows -- I get so many compliments on the exterior as well as the comfortable ride. Gas mileage is excellent. I do mostly in town driving so I average in the 30's; highway close to 40. First hybrid I have owned. I love it!!

40k Mile Update
By kd7oqc on 10/08/13 07:34 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Our lifetime MPG is 38.9 actual (40.4 on the trip computer.) Like my conventional vehicle the mileage swings by several miles per gallon based on driving conditions and weather. Yesterday I got 53.9 MPG on the way to work and 45.4 on the way home. Having owned mostly Japanese vehicles, it will take me awhile to trust the reliability. So far we have had to replace the right front wheel bearing (under warranty). The factory tires (Michelin) need replacing already, which is disappointing. The "0" key on the driver's keypad no longer illuminates. $200 fix. The electric driver's seat is binds when you adjust it to the rear. I'm not sure hybrid tech is cost effective.

Dependable but no MPG champ
By ekamperman on 06/30/13 08:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the 2010 FFH new and we've had it for 3.5 yrs. and 40,000 miles. We only average 34 mpg, not the 40 mpg we expected. Oh well, at least nothing has failed on it. I should count my blessings, right?

Sold on hybrid tech thanks to Fusion
By drlake53 on 02/08/13 13:57 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Loved my three years with the Fusion Hybrid. Great mileage the whole way through averaging about 5.4L/100kms. It's got great power for a car that you don't really expect it from - great on the highway for passing and a bit of fun in the corners too. Had fully loaded model and the tech you get for this price is absolutely unbeatable. This is the best value for a used car out there now if you can find one with all the goodies - The used car market has taken out most of the premium for the hybrid so you can pay nearly the same as any old Fusion and get great power, unmatched amenities, lots of fun, unreal mileage and still not pay much.

3 years-20000miles
By tony5020 on 08/01/12 11:21 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

No major problems. Avg. 38 mpg. 52 in town, 43mpg to airport, 33 in winter(gas engine must run to heat coolant for heater). Good looking vehicle. Comfortable seating and ride. Fun to drive. Doesn`t save you any money. $8000 premium(only $500 Federal rebate) for hybrid, means at $4/gal you must drive this car 80,000 miles to start to break even(2000 gal times 40 mpg.)Cons-The brakes squeak horribly. The dealer saids to live with it. Claims the brake pad material is at fault. The A/C is dodgy. Somedays the car doesn't cool sufficiently. There is no cargo net or gas cap. The front end is all plastic. Rolled into a protruding trailer hitch at 3 mph and did $1400 damage.

23 months and 67,000 miles
By rfkfsf on 04/09/12 12:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Onwed my 2010 FFH for 23 months now just over 67,000 miles. I drive 135 miles per day combination city and highway. Mileage is 41 -44 summer (over 70 degrees) winter never worse than 35. 2 minor issues that dealer took care of rear brake squeek at 20,000 and fan blower motor replacement at 30,000. Owned a 2008 Honda civic hybrid before this, no comparision to the refinement, seemless gas/electric operation and driving comfort of the Fusion hybrid. Would buy another in a minute.

Still love it 2.5 years later
By greghodg on 01/25/12 11:27 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought new in summer 2009. It's been fantastic. Since then, I've been back to the dealer for two oil changes and one unplanned visit for a braking system issue. Gas mileage depends on conditions. In the summer in Phoenix, you have to run the A/C on full all the time, which can cause a big dip, and in the winter short trips will suffer since the gas engine doesn't shut down until it gets to normal temperature. I've averaged 37.5 since new.

Mileage betters window sticker
By wharden on 07/03/11 04:22 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I own a 2010 FFH, and it is exactly as advertised and gets better than sticker mileage, your mileage may vary as the owner’s manual states. I do get better mileage on the highway than I do in town. I live in a small town with limited stop lights and signs so I ‘m sure this is the reason for that. I have had a best open road mileage for a trip of 50.2 mpg figured with fill up to verify the computer figures they were within 5% of each other. The return trip netted 45.7 mpg. I drove the vehicle on its first drive from Dallas Texas where I purchased it to my town in Oklahoma and the first ever mileage from 300+ miles driven was 44.7 mpg this was highway driving at speeds 65-70 mph

Extreme lack in lasting quality
By tylerfawkes on 04/26/11 13:17 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My 2010 Fusion Hybrid is less than two years old and almost right from the start it has had bolts on the rear door latches corroded to the point it is a safety issue, an AC that doesn't blow air out of the vents(or makes a clicking sound), squeaky leather seats and most recently; a bad sensor and dead battery have cost me $800 in parts, labor, rentals and lost wages due to having to take it to the shop. I even have the premium ESP and this is what i have paid out of pocket. I drive conservatively, take my car to the dealership for all work and still, i have had all of these issues. Once again, this car is less than TWO years old. Ford isn't ready for the Hybrid market.

Poor Gas Mileage
By enternewid on 04/03/11 23:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We were getting over 40 mpg the first 4 months we owned the car, then mileage dropped to 28 mpg with no change in driving habits. Took it into Ford and they gave the song and dance that there are no error codes so they can't do any thing! So much for auto mechanics being able to figure out a problem. My guess would be a bad fuel injector or oxygen sensor being bad, but not enough to show a code. I did put in some injector cleaner even though the owner manual says not to. This actually helped and increased the mileage to about 32 mpg average. BFD I can be driving on the straight and level and the MPG gauge bounces up and down for no reason. After buying a new Mustang in 1988 and having injector problems that Ford refused to fix, I told myself I would never buy another Ford. Well I was stupid and bought one anyway.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan in VA is:

$124 per month*