Used 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (155 reviews )

Absolutely the best car I've ever owned
By Jake

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm currently sitting at 110,527 miles on my 2010 Fusion Hybrid, all black and fully loaded. I couldn't be happier with a car, compared to my previous jalopy. I average 42 - 48mpg in Spring, Summer(depending on AC use) and Fall. In Winter, it's closer to 33 - 35mpg, depending on how cold it is. I've had zero trips to the dealer for repairs as nothing has failed in this vehicle. It's been scheduled maintenance all the way, combined with stellar MPG = very low cost. I bought this car one year used. Technology wise, it's held up very well to what new models have. I have the blind spot sensors, backup camera(using a large 8" screen), parking aid, cross traffic sensing, USB/Bluetooth/Aux/ect. I really can't complain about this car one bit. I believe I lucked out to be at this mileage with no issues. I write this review as I finally have performed all of my 100k maintenance a little late(things just don't wear out in this ride). My brake pads weren't even wore out at 100k miles. The high voltage battery appears to be very healthy as I haven't experienced any deterioration yet in MPG. Acceleration and driving a hybrid in general takes some training to maximize efficiency. It's sort of weird to not feel gear shifting, but you quickly adjust to it. It's rather zippy too for a hybrid. I'd love to trade up in 2017 for the next redesign, but I have a very difficult time of letting go of a good thing. Needless to say, I highly recommend this car. No, it doesn't get Prius MPG, but I prefer it's styling, tech and driving over the Prius any day. If you just want a dependable car, this is it.

Its a salvage title and it did awesome
By matt

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I liked it. you have to game it to find the best MPG. Which is good for people who are ADD? or who need some added stimuli while driving. The gaming is not a distraction and actually got me to watch the road more. Great daily commuter and 4 passengers fit in great. Sync and stereo is very important to me. sync had some issues and can get annoying but will work well. Speakers bass etc are great. Better than my 2006 toyota sienna XLE. blue tooth is nice. camera is nice. ambient lighting is nice but unnecessary. because you get in and drive. Seats are important. I drive a 2013 explorer at work and the seats are better in the fusion. Owned a 2010 non hybrid Camry before fusion. Camry was an XLE and the wood trim popped and so the inside was nicer. Ride was soft compared to the fusion. Fusion is more sporty. not sure what I like more. Stereo was similar. My Fusion gets 33 in winter (Minnesota) and 35-36 in summer. I can get 38 MPG to work and 40 MPG back if I game it (20 miles each way). averaging approximately 60 MPH on the highway.

almost 200,000 miles
By rushdm

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had this car (2010 FFH) for almost 2 years now. The odometer now is at 199,842 Miles. Yes, I know.. I've driven this car a lot! and I just love it.. never had any "serious" problem with it, just the basics (oil, tires, filters, brakes). The only comment I can make, is about the mpg, now it's an average of 31-32 MPG, which is much lower than what was claimed (36-41). I've tried changing the spark plugs, tires, gasoline. still average of 31-32. However, I am a bit of aggressive driver, so I can understand why it won't go any close to 35. Other than that, the car has been an absolute delight, filled with options and features (I have the fully loaded one)

some of the lovely features (hard to find in any other car): - BLIS sensors. - Sony surround sound system. - The lovely LCD instrument clusters. - Easy, silent and smooth switch between gas and electric drive. - The car is VERY heavy, which makes it very stable on highways and turns. - Tow level heated seats (this is very important!!, as most cars offers only ON/OFF heated seats) not to mention the other options and features which comes in other cars (9 airbags, sunroof, 8" navigation screen, 8 ways electrical seats, ABS, ESC, rear camera)

Many bad experiences
By tpacarman

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought the Fusion hybrid new in 2010. In four years have had two major issues, causing the car to render itself dead. The first time was in the middle of a multi-lane bridge with fast moving traffic, with a stop-immediately warning, leading to seconds of active time before car had to be pulled into shoulder. Towed, charged $500 or so. Two years later get another message "service power steering now" and the car again is unstartable. This time Ford service is quoting $1800 plus a diagnosis fee.

Car looks good, interior is done well. Fun to drive when it does drive well.

Work on reliability. One serious problem in the first few years of a car might be OK. But two or more in four years points to poor build quality.

Excellence in measured in a variety of ways...
By sthkone

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased my '10 FFH as its second owner in July of 2012. The previous owner from elsewhere in Wisconsin had put 68,000 miles '+' on the vehicle before trading it. My previous car, a 1995 Chrysler Concorde, performed admirably in the 14 years I had it, but I needed something more efficient for the 60 miles a day I commute to work round trip. The Fusion is now up to 90,000 '+' miles and has not needed more than Oil Changes and had its 90k service performed at the Ford Dealer I purchased it from in Southern WI. The balance on this car, especially in the winter, is the best I've ever driven. It also handles very well in the dry, very unlike the appliance-like Prius.

Moon and Tune package. Bluetooth connectivity allowing for hands-free cell calls. Handling in dry, wet, and snowy conditions. Acceleration from the Hybrid drivetrain (Auto writers in 2009 and 2010 expounded on the balance of the driveline out performing Toyota's Hybrids and they're not kidding; real world experiences here back that up 100%). Sync - Yes it is a bit hard to get used to, but reading and annunciating your commands helps the process along greatly. Room inside is comparable to the Concorde I owned previously, but I'm getting double the mileage now. Average Spring through Summer Mileage (Mixed Driving Cycles) - 36 to 42 MPG Average Winter Mileage (Mixed Cycles) - 30 - 35 MPG

Some have said mileage, but honestly the person driving the vehicle logically will get what they deserve. Also, Hybrid mileage still trumps most everything, even in the winter months. Remember, if its sub-zero outside and you want your heater on, then the gas engine is always going to run more frequently to keep you and everything else on the vehicle warm. I'll take the trade-off as no vehicle can get max mileage in middle of an upper-Midwestern winter season (i.e. This Hybrid owner is logically seeing the tech for what it is; efficient under perfect conditions, which Wisconsin is NOT known for).

• SUV