Used 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Base Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (157 reviews )

2010 Fusion Hybrid
By JGW

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love this car. Put 115,000 on it so far with no major repairs, only regular maintenance. When first purchased new, was getting about 42 mpg, now getting around 38mpg. I'm not sure if it's because the car is older now or that I am not trying as hard to keep mpg low. Purchased new loaded with all accessories. Really a great car.

Great car. 120,000 miles and going
By Jeffrey

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was one of the first to buy the Fusion Hybrid in October 2009. So far all it has needed was an oxygen sensor at 92k. I replaced the tires at 62k and the regular battery went at 5 years, typical. I average 42 mpg. To address some of the other reviewers issues, who haven't owned their's as long. 1- mileage. If you live in the cold, don't expect treat mileage. But also consider how bad a regular car would do in that same situation. 2- direction of travel makes a difference on a trip. I've been all over the country, and wind plays a big part in your mileage. 3 - if your an agressive driver, don't expect miracles from a hybrid. 4- fir some reason the mileage goes way down in the rain. 5 - after sitting in the sun the mileage will be a lot lower than if I just came out of the cool garage. Must be the added use of ac.

Absolutely the best car I've ever owned
By Jake

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm currently sitting at 110,527 miles on my 2010 Fusion Hybrid, all black and fully loaded. I couldn't be happier with a car, compared to my previous jalopy. I average 42 - 48mpg in Spring, Summer(depending on AC use) and Fall. In Winter, it's closer to 33 - 35mpg, depending on how cold it is. I've had zero trips to the dealer for repairs as nothing has failed in this vehicle. It's been scheduled maintenance all the way, combined with stellar MPG = very low cost. I bought this car one year used.

Technology wise, it's held up very well to what new models have. I have the blind spot sensors, backup camera(using a large 8" screen), parking aid, cross traffic sensing, USB/Bluetooth/Aux/ect. I really can't complain about this car one bit. I believe I lucked out to be at this mileage with no issues. I write this review as I finally have performed all of my 100k maintenance a little late(things just don't wear out in this ride). My brake pads weren't even wore out at 100k miles. The high voltage battery appears to be very healthy as I haven't experienced any deterioration yet in MPG. Acceleration and driving a hybrid in general takes some training to maximize efficiency. It's sort of weird to not feel gear shifting, but you quickly adjust to it. It's rather zippy too for a hybrid.

I'd love to trade up in 2017 for the next redesign, but I have a very difficult time of letting go of a good thing. Needless to say, I highly recommend this car. No, it doesn't get Prius MPG, but I prefer it's styling, tech and driving over the Prius any day. If you just want a dependable car, this is it.

Its a salvage title and it did awesome
By matt

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I liked it. you have to game it to find the best MPG. Which is good for people who are ADD? or who need some added stimuli while driving. The gaming is not a distraction and actually got me to watch the road more. Great daily commuter and 4 passengers fit in great. Sync and stereo is very important to me. sync had some issues and can get annoying but will work well. Speakers bass etc are great. Better than my 2006 toyota sienna XLE. blue tooth is nice. camera is nice. ambient lighting is nice but unnecessary. because you get in and drive. Seats are important. I drive a 2013 explorer at work and the seats are better in the fusion. Owned a 2010 non hybrid Camry before fusion. Camry was an XLE and the wood trim popped and so the inside was nicer. Ride was soft compared to the fusion. Fusion is more sporty. not sure what I like more. Stereo was similar. My Fusion gets 33 in winter (Minnesota) and 35-36 in summer. I can get 38 MPG to work and 40 MPG back if I game it (20 miles each way). averaging approximately 60 MPH on the highway.

almost 200,000 miles
By rushdm

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had this car (2010 FFH) for almost 2 years now.
The odometer now is at 199,842 Miles.
Yes, I know.. I've driven this car a lot! and I just love it.. never had any "serious" problem with it, just the basics (oil, tires, filters, brakes).
The only comment I can make, is about the mpg, now it's an average of 31-32 MPG, which is much lower than what was claimed (36-41). I've tried changing the spark plugs, tires, gasoline. still average of 31-32. However, I am a bit of aggressive driver, so I can understand why it won't go any close to 35.

Other than that, the car has been an absolute delight, filled with options and features (I have the fully loaded one)

some of the lovely features (hard to find in any other car): - BLIS sensors. - Sony surround sound system. - The lovely LCD instrument clusters. - Easy, silent and smooth switch between gas and electric drive. - The car is VERY heavy, which makes it very stable on highways and turns. - Tow level heated seats (this is very important!!, as most cars offers only ON/OFF heated seats) not to mention the other options and features which comes in other cars (9 airbags, sunroof, 8" navigation screen, 8 ways electrical seats, ABS, ESC, rear camera)