2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (152 reviews )
Many bad experiences
By tpacarman on 09/15/14 21:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought the Fusion hybrid new in 2010. In four years have had two major issues, causing the car to render itself dead. The first time was in the middle of a multi-lane bridge with fast moving traffic, with a stop-immediately warning, leading to seconds of active time before car had to be pulled into shoulder. Towed, charged $500 or so. Two years later get another message "service power steering now" and the car again is unstartable. This time Ford service is quoting $1800 plus a diagnosis fee.

Excellence in measured in a variety of ways...
By sthkone on 07/24/14 10:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased my '10 FFH as its second owner in July of 2012. The previous owner from elsewhere in Wisconsin had put 68,000 miles '+' on the vehicle before trading it. My previous car, a 1995 Chrysler Concorde, performed admirably in the 14 years I had it, but I needed something more efficient for the 60 miles a day I commute to work round trip. The Fusion is now up to 90,000 '+' miles and has not needed more than Oil Changes and had its 90k service performed at the Ford Dealer I purchased it from in Southern WI. The balance on this car, especially in the winter, is the best I've ever driven. It also handles very well in the dry, very unlike the appliance-like Prius.

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
By jones4730 on 10/09/13 07:50 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My first car bought in six years. Put a lot of research into it. Love this car. Black on black, tinted windows -- I get so many compliments on the exterior as well as the comfortable ride. Gas mileage is excellent. I do mostly in town driving so I average in the 30's; highway close to 40. First hybrid I have owned. I love it!!

40k Mile Update
By kd7oqc on 10/08/13 07:34 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Our lifetime MPG is 38.9 actual (40.4 on the trip computer.) Like my conventional vehicle the mileage swings by several miles per gallon based on driving conditions and weather. Yesterday I got 53.9 MPG on the way to work and 45.4 on the way home. Having owned mostly Japanese vehicles, it will take me awhile to trust the reliability. So far we have had to replace the right front wheel bearing (under warranty). The factory tires (Michelin) need replacing already, which is disappointing. The "0" key on the driver's keypad no longer illuminates. $200 fix. The electric driver's seat is binds when you adjust it to the rear. I'm not sure hybrid tech is cost effective.

Dependable but no MPG champ
By ekamperman on 06/30/13 08:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the 2010 FFH new and we've had it for 3.5 yrs. and 40,000 miles. We only average 34 mpg, not the 40 mpg we expected. Oh well, at least nothing has failed on it. I should count my blessings, right?

Sold on hybrid tech thanks to Fusion
By drlake53 on 02/08/13 13:57 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Loved my three years with the Fusion Hybrid. Great mileage the whole way through averaging about 5.4L/100kms. It's got great power for a car that you don't really expect it from - great on the highway for passing and a bit of fun in the corners too. Had fully loaded model and the tech you get for this price is absolutely unbeatable. This is the best value for a used car out there now if you can find one with all the goodies - The used car market has taken out most of the premium for the hybrid so you can pay nearly the same as any old Fusion and get great power, unmatched amenities, lots of fun, unreal mileage and still not pay much.

3 years-20000miles
By tony5020 on 08/01/12 11:21 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

No major problems. Avg. 38 mpg. 52 in town, 43mpg to airport, 33 in winter(gas engine must run to heat coolant for heater). Good looking vehicle. Comfortable seating and ride. Fun to drive. Doesn`t save you any money. $8000 premium(only $500 Federal rebate) for hybrid, means at $4/gal you must drive this car 80,000 miles to start to break even(2000 gal times 40 mpg.)Cons-The brakes squeak horribly. The dealer saids to live with it. Claims the brake pad material is at fault. The A/C is dodgy. Somedays the car doesn't cool sufficiently. There is no cargo net or gas cap. The front end is all plastic. Rolled into a protruding trailer hitch at 3 mph and did $1400 damage.

23 months and 67,000 miles
By rfkfsf on 04/09/12 12:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Onwed my 2010 FFH for 23 months now just over 67,000 miles. I drive 135 miles per day combination city and highway. Mileage is 41 -44 summer (over 70 degrees) winter never worse than 35. 2 minor issues that dealer took care of rear brake squeek at 20,000 and fan blower motor replacement at 30,000. Owned a 2008 Honda civic hybrid before this, no comparision to the refinement, seemless gas/electric operation and driving comfort of the Fusion hybrid. Would buy another in a minute.

Still love it 2.5 years later
By greghodg on 01/25/12 11:27 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought new in summer 2009. It's been fantastic. Since then, I've been back to the dealer for two oil changes and one unplanned visit for a braking system issue. Gas mileage depends on conditions. In the summer in Phoenix, you have to run the A/C on full all the time, which can cause a big dip, and in the winter short trips will suffer since the gas engine doesn't shut down until it gets to normal temperature. I've averaged 37.5 since new.

Mileage betters window sticker
By wharden on 07/03/11 04:22 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I own a 2010 FFH, and it is exactly as advertised and gets better than sticker mileage, your mileage may vary as the owner’s manual states. I do get better mileage on the highway than I do in town. I live in a small town with limited stop lights and signs so I ‘m sure this is the reason for that. I have had a best open road mileage for a trip of 50.2 mpg figured with fill up to verify the computer figures they were within 5% of each other. The return trip netted 45.7 mpg. I drove the vehicle on its first drive from Dallas Texas where I purchased it to my town in Oklahoma and the first ever mileage from 300+ miles driven was 44.7 mpg this was highway driving at speeds 65-70 mph

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid in VA is:

$125 per month*