Used 2014 Ford Fusion Energi Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Fusion Energi model:

234.58 MPG Now getting 304 mpg 1.5 years into it
By TC51D

2014 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Leased a new 2014 Fusion Energi in July 2014. Drove the car for an entire year locally. Went to the gas station on the cars one year anniversary bought 11 gallons of gas for $33.00. Cost of the electricity for a year was $48.00 Total out of pocket expenses was $81.00 for 2580 in city miles driven. In city includes 50 to 60 mile round trips and freeway driving. Most miles on electric only has been 34. I normally get about 29 miles on electric only per charge. Never a worry though the gas hybrid engine is always there to take over. NAV hand free phone etc all great. Interior styling is also very modern and nice. Adaptive cruise control is very advance. If another car pulls in front of you on the freeway the car can tell if it is going faster than you and thus no breaking required. And friend of mine bought one he lives in CA and drives 300 and 400 mile trips and averages 58 MPG with his. Lots of mountain driving for him. Great car great incentives from the government you just can't go wrong with this car. Absolute Grand Slam by Ford. Good Looking, Comfortable, Great Mileage, Technologically Advanced . If your in the market for a new car this has to be at the top of the list.

Frustratingly close to a good car
By angryfusionguy

2014 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

For the most part it's a good car. So many things that are really hard are done well. But several things that should be easy are wrong: can't recharge in the rain without ruining the door over the power inlet, garage door opener doesn't work, cruise control in the rain at dusk is dangerous when it slams on the brake at full speed, navigation system only works in the state where you bought the car, etc. I'm very disappointed.

Pay attention to all the details, not just the hybrid stuff.

Better EV Range Than Stated
By odtenchi

2014 Ford Fusion Energi SE Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just took delivery of my Fusion about 3 weeks ago and as the weeks got warmer, my EV range started getting higher. Without the climate control on when I first drove off the lot, my EV range was 22 miles only. Now with the warmer weather, it's holding steady at 32 miles after each full charge. With the climate control on, I loose about 4 miles, but I still get more then 25 miles in EV mode. I got a lot more for my money than expected which is great. It's super quiet, smooth, sporty ride, plenty of leg rooms for rear passengers and the best part, sneaking up on people :) I would recommend this car to anyone especially to fellow car enthusiasts out there since we're so picky about everything.

All EV only mode which doesn't turn on the engine at all even if you floor it and my favorite; high quality interior panels, dash, and great center console. I'm not a big fan of cheap interior, therefore I didn't even bother to drive the Mazda 6, Honda Accord, or a Toyota Camry after looking and touching the interior.

Just a bigger trunk and maybe a bigger hybrid engine like a 2.4 or 2.5 liter like what the Prius uses. Bigger doesn't always equal more fuel consumption. If Toyota can increase their motor size while still increasing the fuel econ, I'm pretty sure Ford can do it too.

Expected a lot, got more
By geoff17

2014 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I can't imagine someone being unhappy with this vehicle unless they got a lemon. It handles and drives amazing, the interior might as well be a lincoln in the Titanium trim. I'm a very new owner, so I can't comment on reliability yet, but it does what it says, and its not taking me 7 hours to charge. 1 hour puts 4 miles on the Bat life. Using gas less than expected. Drove home 45 mins from dealer and put on another 100 miles. Gas stuck on F. It takes off quick, not that I'd drive like that too often. I do not notice horsepower limitations on highway either. I love the keyless start, entry. No finding keys. No gas! I'm starting the think this is like a DVR or Smartphone, I'm never going back!

Electric Mode of course Keyless start - security - cant be stolen its mapped on sync! Rearview camera Sony system is quite impressive

Best Car Purchase Decision Ever!
By slawik

2014 Ford Fusion Energi SE Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the car as a company advertising gimmick (limo rental), since we had excess solar energy being produced at our offices and wanted to advertise a completely emissions-free car (for its first 20 miles on each charge). I drove it for the first two weeks exclusively and did not want to turn over the keys.
I own over thirty cars, including a Mercedes S600 and several classic Bentleys and Rolls Royce, but yet driving this one makes me the proudest. I'm actually rediscovering the fun of taking off fast from stop lights, this time in EV only mode, completely noiselessly and without fumes. Why can't they make all cars this much clean fun to drive - I can't stop talking about it...

Love the EV Only option. I get really miffed when the engine occasionally kicks in, supposedly for systems maintenance, even when I have it in EV mode. The other drawback is psychological: in my desire to make the EV range as high as possible and to up the gas mileage, I skip using climate control. All the electronic monitoring of gas mileage and ideal regenerative braking gets you hooked quicker than any video game could - on saving the earth and money at the same time. I love the simplicity of the interior, and I actually like Ford Sync with the touch screen. So far no challenge operating it without having read a single manual or gotten any instruction. The bluetooth audio sounds best.

I would love a removable added lithium battery pack. As it stands, the trunk isn't that useful anyway, so I actually bought a tow receiver online and use an external luggage rack (with weatherproof bag) hooked into the hitch, which is easily added or removed. So if I could have another 5-6kWh battery pack to just put in the trunk and hook in, it could easily double the car's EV only range. It would also be nice to offer an optional touchscreen remote control for Ford Sync to allow rear-seat passengers access to the system. I'm also wondering whether the car actually has an alternator, because it doesn't appear to consistently charge as the gas engine is propelling it at highway speeds.