2014 Ford Fusion Energi - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion Energi model:
Better EV Range Than Stated
By odtenchi on 07/16/14 16:20 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Energi SE Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just took delivery of my Fusion about 3 weeks ago and as the weeks got warmer, my EV range started getting higher. Without the climate control on when I first drove off the lot, my EV range was 22 miles only. Now with the warmer weather, it's holding steady at 32 miles after each full charge. With the climate control on, I loose about 4 miles, but I still get more then 25 miles in EV mode. I got a lot more for my money than expected which is great. It's super quiet, smooth, sporty ride, plenty of leg rooms for rear passengers and the best part, sneaking up on people :) I would recommend this car to anyone especially to fellow car enthusiasts out there since we're so picky about everything.

Expected a lot, got more
By geoff17 on 06/07/14 22:55 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I can't imagine someone being unhappy with this vehicle unless they got a lemon. It handles and drives amazing, the interior might as well be a lincoln in the Titanium trim. I'm a very new owner, so I can't comment on reliability yet, but it does what it says, and its not taking me 7 hours to charge. 1 hour puts 4 miles on the Bat life. Using gas less than expected. Drove home 45 mins from dealer and put on another 100 miles. Gas stuck on F. It takes off quick, not that I'd drive like that too often. I do not notice horsepower limitations on highway either. I love the keyless start, entry. No finding keys. No gas! I'm starting the think this is like a DVR or Smartphone, I'm never going back!

Best Car Purchase Decision Ever!
By slawik on 04/02/14 18:50 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Energi SE Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the car as a company advertising gimmick (limo rental), since we had excess solar energy being produced at our offices and wanted to advertise a completely emissions-free car (for its first 20 miles on each charge). I drove it for the first two weeks exclusively and did not want to turn over the keys. I own over thirty cars, including a Mercedes S600 and several classic Bentleys and Rolls Royce, but yet driving this one makes me the proudest. I'm actually rediscovering the fun of taking off fast from stop lights, this time in EV only mode, completely noiselessly and without fumes. Why can't they make all cars this much clean fun to drive - I can't stop talking about it...

Great vehicle, the plug in is the bonus
By teo_baby on 03/28/14 22:12 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my vehicle for 3 weeks now. Have 850 miles on it and still have not been to the gas station. I have a quarter tank of gas. The interior of the vehicle is very nicely done. The seats are very comfortable and supportive. Fit and finish is up there with entry luxury vehicles. The technology is quite advanced. I have the adaptive cruise and blind spot detections system. It also alerts you if you are in danger of an imminent crash. The exterior styling is distinctive. If you are considering a plug in Prius or plug in Accord, check out the Fusion.

Buy this car. Seriously, buy it now.
By deebles on 03/03/14 23:37 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm a car guy. I've owned convertibles, sports cars, 4x4's commuter cars - you name it, I've probably owned it. This car is ridiculous. It's so advanced, so comfortable and so well designed it blows me away. I could gush for hours about how completely enamored I am with it. Ford knocked this one out of the park! We just got back from a three-day trip in the California gold country and without being able to charge up for the entire trip, we still averaged 48 MPG with, shall we say, rather 'spirited' driving through the foothills. The incentives and rebates take a huge bite out of the cost and we haven't visited a gas station in a month and counting. Seriously, buy it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Ford Fusion Energi in VA is:

$124 per month*