2013 Ford Fusion Energi Consumer Review: Somewhat wary

2013 Ford Fusion Energi - Consumer Review

SE Luxury Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Somewhat wary
By fordloyalist1 on

2013 Ford Fusion Energi SE Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my Ford Energi as a model car with approximately 9,000 miles. During the time I was test driving it and since I purchased the vehicle (I have now put about 5,000 on it), the battery died and needed replacing and it has been in the shop four different different times for a check engine light. It may be a good car but I don't have much trust in its performance and reliability at this point. My dealer has been great (responsive) but this car has spent too much time in the shop being repaired. It only has about 14,000 miles on it now. Will I continue to see problems with this vehicle? At what point do I suggest to the dealer that this may be a long term problem?

The car is very comfortable.
By hdolan
on 09/23/14 21:25 PM (PDT)

The engine light comes on when you accidentally hit the open gas door on the console (shouldn't be there) and you drive with it that way for a few miles. It has to do with air getting into the gas inlet. Close the door and it will go away after starting it a few times.