2013 Ford Fusion Energi Consumer Review: 2013 Fusion Energi SE Owner...

2013 Ford Fusion Energi - Consumer Review

2013 Fusion Energi SE Owner...
By matth77 on

2013 Ford Fusion Energi SE Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

As a recent purchaser of this vehicle, I find the Edmunds review spot on. I confess the price difference between the Energi and regular Fusion Hybrid gave me pause, but I went forward with the Energi version for all-electric weekend performance. Thus far it hasn't disappointed. Couple that with the fact that it appears as a normal sedan, and I was sold. My commute in DC Metro is usually a long one, which will inevitably tap the battery after anywhere between 16-20 miles. The economics of gas/electricity vs. price point of this car won't pay for itself against the Fusion Hybrid, but it is a convenience to not have my weekend in-town trips result in a fillup on Monday morning for work.

Styling Short range electric performance for errands Hybrid performance for commuting Overall vehicle range on full charge + full tank

Battery placement in trunk - shorts the space quite a bit. Likely no other current option. Controls design - initially can be very daunting, requires some getting used to.