Used 2013 Ford Fusion Energi Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Fusion-energi - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion Energi model:

Most Helpful|
2013 Fusion Energi SE Owner...
By matth77

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Sedan SE Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

As a recent purchaser of this vehicle, I find the Edmunds review spot on. I confess the price difference between the Energi and regular Fusion Hybrid gave me pause, but I went forward with the Energi version for all-electric weekend performance. Thus far it hasn't disappointed. Couple that with the fact that it appears as a normal sedan, and I was sold. My commute in DC Metro is usually a long one, which will inevitably tap the battery after anywhere between 16-20 miles. The economics of gas/electricity vs. price point of this car won't pay for itself against the Fusion Hybrid, but it is a convenience to not have my weekend in-town trips result in a fillup on Monday morning for work.

Favorite Features

Styling Short range electric performance for errands Hybrid performance for commuting Overall vehicle range on full charge + full tank

Suggested Improvements

Battery placement in trunk - shorts the space quite a bit. Likely no other current option. Controls design - initially can be very daunting, requires some getting used to.

Effcient Commuter Car
By commuter14

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I drive a Ford Fusion Energi as a commuter car. I drive 16 miles each way in stop and go traffic on surface streets and freeway. I live in a hilly area. Going to work I drive all electric with brake regen down hills. It is very quiet. I don't charge up at work. About half way home it switches over to hybrid mode. After a month of driving 865 miles the dashboard says my avg is 90.4 mpge (less if climate on) I charge it up nightly in my garage using a 110 volt charger. The Adaptive Cruise Control reduces commuter stress. The Sony stereo sounds good using Sirrus or streaming music via bluetooth phone using Spotify. I am enjoying my new tech car. My commute costs are much less.

Favorite Features

Keyless entry. EV modes (Now, Later, Auto, Plus), EcoCruise, Lane departure warning (I have yet to see the coffee cup on the dash), adaptive cruise and pre-collision warning. The blind spot warning system and cross traffic alert. The color performance displays on the dash and the speed limit indicator for the street you are on. I like the five day weather forecast and rear camera that shows your track as you turn. Auto parallel park. I tried it and it works. Hill assist mode is nice. The regen brakes are smooth. The transition to hybrid is smooth. Custom go times with climate pre-conditioning. It sends my drive scores to my web site after each trip and lets me compare with others.

Suggested Improvements

I don't use the trunk very much but it would be nice if battery was smaller and the trunk bigger. Hid or Led headlights. The sync touch screen should be as sensitive as my phone and the apps should load as fast as my phone which they are not. Requires a deliberate touch but I memorized the voice commands so I use that more.

Best Hybrid Vehicle By Far
By ivurbs

It's rare to come across a plugin hybrid vehicle that has the three main components to making a great car; looks, fuel efficiency and fun to drive. This car has it all. I've owned the car for just over a month now, have driven 900 miles and have yet to put in my first tank of gas since the dealership filled it for me at sale. How can you argue with that? I plug it in every night using a standard household outlet and that charge alone gets me to work in the morning and almost all the way home at night. The touch screen display is vibrant and easy to use. The dashboard can be configured to several different looks depending on what information you want to display.

Favorite Features

Driving Coaches can be configured on the dashboard to score you on how efficient you drive. This has helped me to completely change my driving habits to get the maximum amount of fuel efficiency the car offers. The sound system is second to none with 10 speakers and choice of stereo or surround sound. The ability to use a standard household outlet makes plugging in easier than ever. Regenerative braking definitely saves you energy since it puts that back into the battery.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would suggest is to have more rim options. The hybrid only comes with one choice for wheels.

Somewhat wary
By fordloyalist1

I purchased my Ford Energi as a model car with approximately 9,000 miles. During the time I was test driving it and since I purchased the vehicle (I have now put about 5,000 on it), the battery died and needed replacing and it has been in the shop four different different times for a check engine light. It may be a good car but I don't have much trust in its performance and reliability at this point. My dealer has been great (responsive) but this car has spent too much time in the shop being repaired. It only has about 14,000 miles on it now. Will I continue to see problems with this vehicle? At what point do I suggest to the dealer that this may be a long term problem?

Favorite Features

The car is very comfortable.