Used 2013 Ford Fusion Energi Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Fusion Energi

View reviews for a specific Fusion Energi model:

On my second one!
By Gary S

2013 Ford Fusion Energi SE Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I leased a 2013 Titanium Fusion Energi mostly due to the fuel economy when gas prices were higher. In spite of a large number of recalls and one significant engine failure, I was pleased with the cars performance. The dealership made sure that I always had a loaner and it never cost a cent for repairs. Unfortunately my driving habits often took me outside the 20 mile range, but over the course of 3 years, I averaged about 64 mpg overall - not too bad whatever the fuel cost. I have some very "green minded" children, so the plug in hybrid kept me in their good graces.

The only downside for me was the small trunk that would not even hold a set of golf clubs. I got used to using the back seat which is ok when you get used to it. The interior is a bit tight but very comfortable. I do not like the Ford Sync, but I do not use a whole lot of technology while driving anyway.

In spite of the few negatives, when my lease came up, I opted for another Fusion Energi, this time a nice metallic white 2016 Energi Luxury SE with most all of the options. I would have bought out the 2013 car, but the residual value was way too high. The new lease has a much better buy out number when the lease expires. Over $10,000 in rebates made the price acceptable so I am very pleased to keep plugging in every time I pull in my driveway. I am a very pleased Energi driver!!

drive it a while its different but u will love it
By Jack Benson

its a learning experience

Tesla would be ashamed...
By LDRosen

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Within in a 3 month period, car had to be towed back to the dealership because the battery (12v) went completely dead. First time it was fixed by the dealership, we were told it was a software issue. Second time it is still at the dealership. Tried jump starting the 12 v battery and that didn't work. With no electricity, you can't access the rear trunk and the electronic transmission is locked. The doors are locked and you can't get in without using the emergency key which is another challenge.

Only a few months left on the lease and it only has 14k miles. One more time with this battery issue and I am going to invoke the Lemon Law in California. Sorry for the next person that buys this one.....

Poor battery
By David Dea

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had battery die 5 times over 28 months including dealer replacement.

Comfort, great materials, high tech, save gas!
By Gayle Snedecor

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This has gotten great reviews from the experts, for good reason! Even though the price of gas has gone down, this car is still refined, quiet, well-mannered, with great electronic controls, great gas mileage, great safety features. Only problem is the price, and lowering gas prices should help the sales price.