2013 Ford Fusion Energi - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion Energi model:
Somewhat wary
By fordloyalist1 on 04/22/14 15:59 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Energi SE Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my Ford Energi as a model car with approximately 9,000 miles. During the time I was test driving it and since I purchased the vehicle (I have now put about 5,000 on it), the battery died and needed replacing and it has been in the shop four different different times for a check engine light. It may be a good car but I don't have much trust in its performance and reliability at this point. My dealer has been great (responsive) but this car has spent too much time in the shop being repaired. It only has about 14,000 miles on it now. Will I continue to see problems with this vehicle? At what point do I suggest to the dealer that this may be a long term problem?

Effcient Commuter Car
By commuter14 on 09/26/13 19:51 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I drive a Ford Fusion Energi as a commuter car. I drive 16 miles each way in stop and go traffic on surface streets and freeway. I live in a hilly area. Going to work I drive all electric with brake regen down hills. It is very quiet. I don't charge up at work. About half way home it switches over to hybrid mode. After a month of driving 865 miles the dashboard says my avg is 90.4 mpge (less if climate on) I charge it up nightly in my garage using a 110 volt charger. The Adaptive Cruise Control reduces commuter stress. The Sony stereo sounds good using Sirrus or streaming music via bluetooth phone using Spotify. I am enjoying my new tech car. My commute costs are much less.

Best Hybrid Vehicle By Far
By ivurbs on 09/26/13 19:20 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It's rare to come across a plugin hybrid vehicle that has the three main components to making a great car; looks, fuel efficiency and fun to drive. This car has it all. I've owned the car for just over a month now, have driven 900 miles and have yet to put in my first tank of gas since the dealership filled it for me at sale. How can you argue with that? I plug it in every night using a standard household outlet and that charge alone gets me to work in the morning and almost all the way home at night. The touch screen display is vibrant and easy to use. The dashboard can be configured to several different looks depending on what information you want to display.

2013 Fusion Energi SE Owner...
By matth77 on 07/29/13 06:55 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Energi SE Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

As a recent purchaser of this vehicle, I find the Edmunds review spot on. I confess the price difference between the Energi and regular Fusion Hybrid gave me pause, but I went forward with the Energi version for all-electric weekend performance. Thus far it hasn't disappointed. Couple that with the fact that it appears as a normal sedan, and I was sold. My commute in DC Metro is usually a long one, which will inevitably tap the battery after anywhere between 16-20 miles. The economics of gas/electricity vs. price point of this car won't pay for itself against the Fusion Hybrid, but it is a convenience to not have my weekend in-town trips result in a fillup on Monday morning for work.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Fusion Energi in VA is:

$132 per month*