Love my Freestyle
By pwf2908 on
2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)
I was a little concerned buying domestic over import - had been a Previa driver for years, but what an awesome replacement. This baby has power, comfort and hugs the road in all conditions, including our Canadian winters which are a mixed bag. Biggest test came during 'superstorm' last June. I hadn't realized how bad the road conditions were that night, but the Freestyle slogged through everything that storm threw at us and then some. (My Previa would never have made it - and we passed several others pulled off too.) Only thing that could be improved is my city gas mileage, but I love the power on the highway and when set to cruise, the highway mileage is great for that size engine!
Favorite Features
Smooth transmission, excellent acceleration. Driver's seat just hugs the body - like driving in a really comfy armchair. Great space in the interior; really simple mechanisms to take advantage of a variety of seating positions; never thought I'd use reverse sensors but they're handy too.
Suggested Improvements
Improve the gas mileage. Finish is definitely not the quality of imports - trim and seals and fabric quality on the seats wasn't the best. Minor comments though - I really like it.