Functional Freestyle
By SO Villar on
2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)
I've owned my Freestyle for just about a year. It has met my needs nicely- providing easy access and egress for my elderly mother with severe arthritis on our many errands to doctors and social functions. Cargo space very satisfactory for road trips and for the possible need to evacuate in advance of hurricanes. I've got the same or greater cargo capacity as I had in my Chevy Trailblazer but with more comfort for my aging mother and much better gas mileage. I also have better visibility in all directions with this vehicle. One thing I am not pleased with is the seemingly light weight construction of the ext. door panels. Very minor bumps in parking lots create very visible dimples.
Favorite Features
Combined highway/city mileage averages between 24 and 25+ MPG for a very sizeable vehicle. Not hybrid numbers for sure, but better than many CUVs/SUVs. This car is criticized for it's "underpowered" V6, but with $4.25/gallon gasoline, I'm happy to sacrifice acceleration for better mileage.
Suggested Improvements
Reinforce door pannels to better withstand parking lot encounters. Allow driver to disengage the oil change warning which overrides and obscures other data on the dashboard display or allow the driver to alter the oil warning to reflect increased synthetic oil change mileage cycles.